I reached target today!! I finally did it!!!!

Ive gained three pounds this month ( was 4 1/2 but got it down this week) completely lost my mojo, then read your post about gains, weeks off , etc and thought flippin hell, it really is a marathon, not a sprint. Getting there is what counts, not how fast. Totally delighted for you- you'll have to become a target member guru now like Shrimpy!

Absolutely! You've hit the nail on the head (about it being a marathon- not about me being a guru lmao:8855:)XXX

Thank you for posting your brilliant success story.
I have had a bad few weeks with gains and am only at the start of my journey. I see people in my group who have lost over 3st and those who are at target and sometimes think I will never get there but encouragement from those people at group, on here and stories like yours make me think that just maybe I can do it. I am coming to realise that this is about changing the way I eat for life not a quick fix but a steady and constant on going journey to where I want to be.

Well done and thank you again for keeping the rest of us motivated.

Hi Heather -- :happy096:

:greenapple: :party0011: :party0049: :winner: :clap: :worthy: :queen:

:bliss::woohoo::bliss::woohoo:

We're going crazy for you and your success over here in Cambridgeshire!!!

Well done -- fantastic opening post.

It should be a sticky? Moderators are you reading this?

Binibecca & MinnieMel thanks so much both for your kind words!! Loving all the sprightly emoticons MM lol!! Binibecca believe me if I can do it you can! It's really just been a case of chipping away whilst I've had a life- nothing spectacular!! I think the magic ingredients have been oodles of patience and being organised/planning ahead/having the right food in the house!! It's not a race- you can sooo do this too!!! Blimey, some weeks I've gained 5, 6, 7lb!! But I've kept at it where others may have thrown their towel in! Just keep on going WHATEVER the result on any particular week!X

Massive congratulations hun! Great story and advice:)x

I just wanted to add my congratulations to you as well FC. Wonderful, wonderful story and very inspirational. You must be absolutely thrilled.

Take a bow, lady...you deserve all the congratulations :D:D

funcurls said:
Hi Miniminners!!

I just wanted to tell everyone that I finally reached Target today!! I lost 3lb which was exactly what I needed to get to 10st 10lb and my 5 stone shiny! My total loss is 72lb and it has taken me 99 weeks!!

I would like to say a massive massive thank you to all the friends I've made here at Minimins since starting my journey on 26th October and registering here that same week! Staying to class each week has helped me tremendously but I know that without the ongoing support, chat, banter and laughter right here on this magnificent website I could never have done it!!

I think that Slimming World is the best weight loss plan in the entire universe! I love that it recognises real life, that as food loving human beings we all have obstacles and occasions where we over-indulge, and it has taught me that I can do this without guilt because it's about pulling it back afterwards!! It's not about the mistakes we make- the key is drawing the line and then moving on! I now refuse to beat myself up when I have a gain because I know I have the ability to do something about it! For anyone choosing Slimming World, or infact anyone who wishes to lose weight though any means, however much you wish to lose, I implore you to take it really slowly, don't put any pressure on yourselves to seek huge losses on a regular basis and NEVER beat yourself up for a bad week! It's not about one isolated week, it's about changing habits over a long period of time and changing them for good! It's possible for someone to lose 8 stone in a year, maybe more, and although that's a staggering acheivement it doesn't mean that they'll keep it off! The last 99 weeks have not all run smoothly for me (which is why it's taken me this time!) Some weeks I've gained 5, 6, 7lb after holidays and Christmas, and some weeks I've gained for no apparent reason whatsoever and I've gone home and cried (and once I bawled my eyes out in group!!) but today those bad weeks and the length of time it's taken me feel totally insignificant!! I have done it, and if I (extreme lover of food) can, anyone can!!

Slimming World and Minimins totally rock and have both changed my life!!XXX

What a truly inspiring story. Well done u x

Heather - I've only just found this thread as I don't read the main sections much.

images

I know I've said it elsewhere, but I am so pleased for you.
As many others have already said here - your starting post shows just what can be achieved. You're a brilliant advert for patience and perseverence.

So from one tortoise to another - you know the tortoise will always beat the hare!
49842-albums3274-picture19753.jpg

You've helped me so much over recent weeks when I've been struggling (pesky visitors 'n all).

:cry:hope you don't think that I am pesky in 3.5 weeks time x :D
No way Lou! I know you'll be happy chilling out in the tub with me and happy to eat the SW way at home!

Thank you Frankied, Hunca, Chelsea Lou and Pommette!!! CL I can't wait to hear how your visit to stay with Bev goes!! I bet you'll have a scream!!X

Congratulations and very well done on reaching target:0clapper:

You are an inspiration to us all!

Congratulations and very well done on reaching target:0clapper:

You are an inspiration to us all!

Thanks Mini!!! Looks like you have achieved great things but noticed you've started WW ProPoints! Good luck and hope you enjoy it! I have friends in work who are doing it and they're getting on great!!X

No way Lou! I know you'll be happy chilling out in the tub with me and happy to eat the SW way at home!
Yes and yes!!! Looking forward to both of those things :D
Thank you Frankied, Hunca, Chelsea Lou and Pommette!!! CL I can't wait to hear how your visit to stay with Bev goes!! I bet you'll have a scream!!X
I am sure we will. Bev's sense of humour comes across so well on here and she often has me howling with laughter....:8855:

Back