I REALLY want to lose 6 stones, PLEASE help me.

Helpme!

Hi guys, I am nearly 20 years old, and I weight from today 22/10/2013 exactly 18 stone. I really want to lose around 6 stones as I really want to be healthy, and I am worried about not being around for my newphew and niece. I also want to do more things in life, such as have a GF, and venture out more, getting a better job, but I can't do this as I'm suffering from bad confidence issues.

I need help in how to start and what to eat. I also need advice in what I should be doing in the gym. I've got a few things they I want to be doing.

X Drinks 2 litres of water per day
x Half litre of green tea per day
x No snacking after 8pm
1 hour a day in the gym a day, 5 days a week, half hour on weights

I need help on food such as fat, protein, cabrohydrates, does anyone have any links i could use on the limit of fat, protein, cabrohydrates, i should be having daily.

Should i still avoid foods such as brown rice/brown pasta, brown whole meal bread? Stick to natural yoghurt? Porridge for breakfast? what kind of cereals?

Am I ok to eat these foods below?
http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Produ.../?id=271169028
http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Produ.../?id=277220632
http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Produ.../?id=277220690

Breakfast, lunch and dinner.., what kinds of foods should be eating at these periods?

Lose 6 stones in a year, achievable? I hit the pillow on average 1:30am every night, wake up around half 7/half 8. important to get to bed earlier?

many thanks

Hi. I'm nina.

I started at 18st and my target is 10st 10lbs. I think your target to get to 12st is defo achievable within a year. Esp for a male - and exercising!

You can so do this!!!

Dieting is the easy bit! Just stick to your plan! Time is the only thing you need to get there.

Have a maintenance plan too though. That's was my downfall last year when I got to 14st from 18st (I did that in 4.5 months)

X

Currently 16st 5.5lbs

Here's what you need to do:

1) Figure out how many calories you're eating at your current body weight. Then how many calories you need to eat at your "ideal" body weight. Use this calculator to get an estimate:

Calorie Calculator - Scooby's Home Workouts

Input all your info and make note of the Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE) at the bottom. Then enter your "ideal" body weight. Now you'll have a calorie range.

2) Start counting calories and macros. Use My Fitness Pal or Fit Day. Get a food scale. Don't know what a macro is? Research it. Measure everything out and log it in. It's a pain at first but you'll get use to it. Now start eating between the number from above.

Remember you can eat "good food" and still not lose weight if you don't drop your calories.

3) Start lifting weights. StrongLifts is a good workout plan. It only takes 3 days a week.

If you stick to this plan and continue to do research then you'll lose that 6 stone.

TracyGWill said:
Hiya! The best thing I can recommend is for you to have a read through this guy's diary:

http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/html/r20131017/r20130906/zrt_lookup.html#I-http%253A%252F%252Fwww.minimins.com%252Fweight-loss-diary%252F301601-my-128-lb-drop-diary-week-50-a.html%2F2212404613%2F1

Hope that link works - if not, it's under Weight Loss Diaries on here. His name's Alex (REV23) he's a similar age to you, and he's doing so well I think it could be really inspirational for you to read about his journey so far.

All the best. :) xx

Nope, link doesn't work, lol. It's called my 128lb Drop Diary and it's under Weight Loss diaries. :) xx

I think I'll have a read of that too Tracey! I'm also a guy suffering from big self confidence issues :)

Helpme!, hang in there buddy :) I'm 18st 6lbs at the moment and I want to get down to 13st 11lbs. WE CAN DO THIS! :)

Intermeezo said:
I think I'll have a read of that too Tracey! I'm also a guy suffering from big self confidence issues :)

Helpme!, hang in there buddy :) I'm 18st 6lbs at the moment and I want to get down to 13st 11lbs. WE CAN DO THIS! :)

Hello! You can definitely do this - I always say the if I can anyone can, and that's really true because I'm such an old crock, lol. I can recommend having a look at Alex's diary, as I mentioned above, because he's done so well over the last year, by both addressing his diet and exercising too - I think he's a good example, especially for young men, because he's done it in such a manageable and sustainable way, without depriving himself, which to me is vital! All the best. :) xx

Good luck!

If you can download my fitness pal app goodluck

Hiya. Yes you can do this no doubt about it. But my suggestion would be to join a skinning world class. They give you all the information, help and advice you will need about healthy eating. It may seem scary 1st joining but everyone is so friendly and everyone is there for the same reason. Slimming world is the only healthy eating plan I have ever stuck to that works and you can see it working.
As for the gym. I would hire a personal trainer get him to draw you up a plan of what you need to do and start from there.
Good luck to you what ever you decide but you can do this. !!

Check out MyFitnessPal.com, they have amazing forums there. People who can really help you with tons of advice about weight training, what to eat etc. Good luck.

I think it's all about the routine. Once you are I the habit of doing the right things and eating the right things it all becomes easier. My problems getting into the habbit.

Back