I saw a lass from my old group last night....

I will succeed!!!
....and WOW!!!

I went to a wedding fair in a local hotel. She was someone who joined at the same time as me in my first group. I was sat waiting for the 'catwalk' thing and spotted her. It was one of those 'where do I know her from' times. It dawned on me after a while - she looks fab! She joined to slim up for her wedding and she looks stunning. Tried to tell her but lost her in the crowds.

Thought I'd share to show that it's not just friends and family who will spot the changes in you all, even if nobody says it! Weight losses are so obvious.

So even small 0.5lb losses add up and SW is well worth sticking too!

:D xxx

What a lovely thought to start the day with :)

Awww thats lovely!
I originally joined SW to loose weight for my wedding (gained it all again when fell pregnant though!). I am actually lighter now than when I got married and the compliments mean a lot to me.
I still have to learn how to accept them though. After so long of believing that Im no good etc its still difficult.

What a lovely post :)

It's so nice when people notice and make a positive comment. I'm glad she stuck with it!
I find it quite hard to accept compliments. I wish I could do so more graciously, but when they come, they mean a lot.

I know what you all mean - I've never been good at compliment receival!

My OH is very complimentary and I say he is biased. Same with friends and family.

Recently though, at work especially, people have been commenting. I think it's not just the fact I've lost weight, but I'm no longer hiding behind a baggy top. I'm wearing more fitted clothes so it's even more noticable to them. I go red when someone says anything, but it's nice in an awkward way lol.

Wish I could have spoken to her to tell her how great she looked.

Back