I seem to be having a baking phase.

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Yorkiegirl, 10 March 2007 Social URL.

1. Yorkiegirl

Yorkiegirl is happy being Yorkiegirl

Can't seem to stop baking for my girls and friends etc. Yesterday I made a ginger cake. Today it was flapjack. Whatever next? All smelled gorgeous but no temptation in sight!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Hi Anna

I used to love to bake when SS'ing made me feel so smug and proud when I didn't cave. But if in doubt don't do it, it could be a disaster.

I love your scrap booking pages!

Dizzy x

4. mags1x

mags1x mags

There was a lady in my class like you! She all of a sudden found herself cooking all sorts of exotic fare her family wasn't used to getting! She found bizarre pleasure in all the different smells etc... I'd be happier if I couldn't smell I think its easier ( I use a vanilla lip balm which seems to overwhelm most food smells!).

Maybe you are appreciating food in a different way like she did.

I loooooove ginger cake too....

Mags
    xxx

5. skinnyjan

skinnyjan Full Member

Ooohh my DH & I have both had phases of this.. warning though.. you may feel great and strong while baking but if the food is still around a day or so later you may be sorely tempted.. thats what happened to us!! hee hee!!

6. Sez

Sez has started again!!

I have the same "prob" at the mo, for me its Easter biscuits and Madeira cake for the family. I mentioned this to my LLC who warned me to be careful that I was not passing my issues with food onto my family, something I had not considered.

Still, if you must bake, then smells have no calories so sniff not stuff! LOL
    xx

7. tootsie

tootsie Silver Member

I love cooking, all ways have done and during my whole LL journey my OH has been eating really well, I have become really adventurous with all meals and get great satisfaction seeing it on the plate in front of him!! So I know what ya mean!!

8. skinnyminny

skinnyminny Full Member

I have been totally obsessed with cooking & cookery progs and recipes I have cooked some great looking meals & some have been a hit and some haven't. My hubby does not like to eat healthy:mad: but will have to get used to it!

I always used the excuse that I did not have time to cook before - but actually I am finding that I do have time and not everything has to take a long time anyway.

At times though it has been torture! as the smeall is just soooo tempting!

9. sukie sue

sukie sue this is My time to shine!

ive been the same !!!
    im loving cooking delicious healthy meals (at least i hope they are tasty:D ) for my oh and little girls , also baking bread and cakes !!!!
    i ve been thinking its my need to nuture the mothering me :eek: , although im loving the smells ect , i really take a big old sniff and really apreciate how gorgeous it is :D , its amazing how satisfying smells can be (instead of an instrument of torture). if im particularly hungry / feeling deprived i take a good smell of whatever is torturing me and enjoy that as something gorgeous all on its own :eek: :eek: :eek: sad i know , but by god its lovely and has seemed to keep me on the straight and narrow (good job theres no calories in sniffing:D )

10. Pixie

Pixie Silver Member

Menus, cookery books, bloomin ready steady cook even!
    Im obsessed!
    I'm worried though that I am still thinking of naughty food as a treat by doing this and wanting to feed o/h up as a way of showing love.
    I know I should be avoiding this!