I set my target way too HIGH

Mamacandoit

I started SW two weeks ago.

first meeting a consultant was taking the group as the usual one was on hols.

when she asked me what my target was I was completely unprepared and also clueless and I just said "I don't know...12st?"

she he looked taken aback and said "ummm, okaaaay."

I've since realised I really should be around 10st to be within the healthy weight range. My main reason for doing SW is to be healthy (I told the consultant this), not so much to be a size X.

i know it's easy to change my target but I'm a bit miffed she didn't diplomatically tell me I was 2st off the ball! I feel a bit stupid now

No need to feel uncomfortable about this. SW don't set targets for you, that's your choice.
Maybe it'll be a good idea to talk to the group's usual consultant when she returns from her holiday.
Good luck with your journey

Maybe aim for 12 stone first then set another target. I think it helps to break it up into smaller targets.

I have set mine at 11 stone on SW online, but this will give me a BMI of slightly above 25. I will then change it for 10.5 stone I think. Maybe even 10 stone - I haven't decided yet - I will see how I feel at those weights.

I thought an initial target of losing 3 stone sounded achievable and was a nice round number!

I havent set one in group. I kind of have a figure in my head but wont really know what I want to be until I get there

Don't feel stupid - you don't have to pick a number from the BMI 20-25 range. I'm the same height as you and actually look pretty good at 12st (actually got there a few years ago but sadly put the pounds back on).

Not good at all that you were left feeling that way. Hopefully the proper consultant is a good one.

Thanks evryone
i might speak to the consultant after the new year

That's because the goal weight is yours. They're not there to advise whether you're aiming for the supposed recommended chart weights or not. But leave it as it is. You might find it's where you're happy at anyway. If not you can go lower at a later date v

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

As people have said, your target is your choice.

I am on the social team for my session so I know how the pay and the weigh system works, you can technically set final goals and interim ones to keep you going.
Your final goal (or target, as it is more commonly called) can be changed at any time but you need to bear something in mind. If you wish to change your final target, it ideally needs to be by a change of 7 pounds or more otherwise the system throws a wobbly and it glitches a few things further up the chain (plus it messes things up for your consultant).

If you don't actually know where you want to be target-wise, you don't really have to set one, a few people in my session didn't and kept going until they were happy with their appearance.

The system can help you if you just want to be healthy and your consultant (or the one who covered for holidays) should have offered the first healthy weight according to BMI, there are min/max values for that according to your height so it can set things for you if you have no idea :)

Back