I survived the gym

Redhead

Been back to the gym today, first time in two weeks (kids back at school). I limited my walking that I do on the treadmill to 150 cals instead of my usual 40 minutes. Didn't want to collapse. Then I did my weights. I feel fine and think that this might be what I will do for the next few weeks. I did read someone saying that if you do too much then you could stop losing.

I have got my second weigh in tomorrow so hope I have done OK.

Good for you Redhead. I go to the gym 3 times a week and have done since week 2 and love it. Just listen to your body and if you feel you are overdoing it slow down. It really does help you tone up too, which I need to do. I don't think my weigh ins have been affected by going.

I'm going back to the gym when I'm re-feeding. I need some new gym clothes now!

Im so jealous you have the energy to go lol Week 8 and I still havent got my energy back :(

thats great. I think if you were used to doing exercise already, you wont take too long before you get back on track and it wont affect your weight loss. It took me a couple of weeks before i could regain my normal treadmill sessions but then again, I only do 25 min of very brisk coz my ciatic starts to hurt. i read that too much cardio on a vlcd can slow down your metabolism(coz it triggers the starvation mode) a bit but I dont think it is significant enough to stop doing cardio altoghter. Cardio also strenghthens your heart!! so balance is the key.

I have been just doing 2km on it, doing it in 20 mins so will increase next week again and the week after again... think thats over a mile... not sure how many mile i should be able to do in that time, like what would be the norm for gym goers.. ??

Back