I think I need a new CDC!

ahh ok, i havnt had a text or phonecall but emails, if thats classed as the same

I completely agree with you. I've been through a few CDCs. I have a commercial background and it astounds me how some of these CDCs act. Surely they'd realise a decent service would equal more customers. (Though 10 customers doesn't sound like much I must admit)

CD I guess is like a franchise but the CDCs seem to have a lot of free reign, at times it's too much.

My last CDC was rather slack, which suited me fine because I didn't want or need the support but it's amazing the variety in them.

Me too, I do a degree that involves a lot of management, and it's my final year, and all of my jobs have been in a retail/commercial type environment, so I'm with you on that one. It's just common sense really! She's obviously not very commonsensical... if that's a word, if it's not, it should be!

ahh ok, i havnt had a text or phonecall but emails, if thats classed as the same

I think as long as there's contact it's fine.

duncan - Yes an email is fine if it's ok with you, if you prefer a text or phone call you could always mention this to your CDC. I see you're in w sussex, anywhere near Worthing?

caroline - I love the idea of a motivational text each weekend :D

I was just wondering that actually, whether maybe I should explain my concerns to CD head office about her.

In fairness to the Consultant (not CDCs anymore...ack..must change my details!), I never measure arms and thighs. We only have to measure waists, though I do bust/waist/hips...and only if they want me too.

I don't measure weekly, but do weigh weekly. I take it she does too, or did I miss that bit.

I do phone them on day 3, but if they've done the diet before, sometimes I'll ask them if they want me to contact them. Usually they just want to get on with it.

I don't text/email them regularly throughout the week, but they do know that they can text/email/phone me whenever they want and I'll get back asap. You will get the occasional client who wants regular support throughout the week, but I've found most are just happy knowing that I'm here if they need.

Consultants don't have to stock everything though most do because it's actually easier that way. If she has been doing this just 4 months, then she's still probably building up her stock and it could have been more difficult at the mo with the rebranding and all. Having said that, they do have to get flavours in if a client wants (allow 5 days). Did she realise that you really wanted them, or did she think you were fine with what she gave you. I know some consultants who automatically give a 'first week' box with various flavours and if they don't like any, they are allowed to swap, but if they don't say anything it's assumed that they are happy.

I always let them chose, but some great consultants do this 'box' thing.

BTW, I was never contacted during the week by my WW leader, nor SW, nor RC when I did those diets...but as I say, my clients know where I am if they need me.

I'd hate to think any of my clients were unhappy with my services because I don't do a regular text each day whether they like it or not, or that I don't measure each part of their anatomy, or I don't get flavours when I assume they are happy with alternatives (not that that's ever happened mind you...always have it in).

So Caroline, did you ask her to get in some other flavours for you and she absolutely refused? Did she measure your waist? Did you tell her that you really needed extra support and she refused that?

I know that one of the greatest skills a consultant needs is mind reading.

"how was your week"
Fine!".

Fine means
a) I've had a rubbish week but kept 100%
b) I've had a rubbish week and eaten everything
c) I've had an excellent week. 100% so happy
d) I've had an okay week

etc etc.

I happen to be quite good at reading the body language, but even then I get caught out at times.

aww Caroline!
just read all this...
take it you never called her about the lack of porridge in the end then??
I would defo say sod her, and try and find a way of reporting her to CD.. as you say, I feel sorry for the others on her books!
The ones youve contacted sound good though, and quick replies, so give one of them a go!
It saddens me to hear when people have had a crappy time with their CDC, can honestly say mine has been totally spot on.
essentially, they run a business, and your a customer. If it were a shop you wouldnt go back, you'd find somewhere else... di it and feel the benefits of a good CDC..

xxx

In fairness to the Consultant (not CDCs anymore...ack..must change my details!)

Urgh I know, I'm trying to get used to Consultant and Cambridge Weight Plan now too!

I don't measure weekly, but do weigh weekly. I take it she does too, or did I miss that bit.

Basically it was if I want her to. She was like I don't have to weigh you, you can do it yourself. But I said I wanted her to, so she did.

On the communication front, I do understand that, I guess it's just that I'm comparing her to my Consultant before, and the fact that she was so good at it. And that on the website it says they'll check. But it was just her whole attitude, just seemed very, in, get the money and go. No discussing my targets or anything. Maybe it's just because she knows I did it last year.

Did she realise that you really wanted them, or did she think you were fine with what she gave you.

Yup, I specifically emailed her my order of what I wanted, though this did change to a months worth not a week, but she didn't even have the weeks worth that I said that I wanted. No porridge, 1 orange bar, 2 or 3 choc mints. When I'd wanted 7 of each. And then I'd told her on the Saturday I wanted a months worth but would happily wait if it wasn't all in. And I know that a big part of it is my fault for not turning around and saying that I wasn't happy with the order. I just find it extremely difficult to do that. Especially in that kind of face to face situation with someone I don't know.

BTW, I was never contacted during the week by my WW leader, nor SW, nor RC when I did those diets...but as I say, my clients know where I am if they need me.

No, you're right, I hadn't thought of it like that. But at the same time, I see this as different. This isn't a group diet. It's a one to one thing. But I guess I just expect more than what a person has to do because that's what I had before and assumed it was normal.

So Caroline, did you ask her to get in some other flavours for you and she absolutely refused? Did she measure your waist? Did you tell her that you really needed extra support and she refused that?

She didn't refuse no, but I'd specifically said ones I wanted before, and she didn't have any of that in pretty much. She did measure my waist, but only because I asked whether she was going to take my measurements, and was like oh alright then, I don't often bother. And no, I didn't specifically say I needed extra support. I guess I didn't think I needed to. And maybe part of the situation is my fault, and I should have said, but like I said, I just didn't think I needed to. I'm not sure I even had the chance.

But you have made me look at it slightly differently, and maybe it's not completely her fault in the situation. But I do just feel like there are so many things, and just her attitude towards it all, but maybe that's just me. She said right near the beginning about she hopes that I would become a Consultant at the end, and then when she was doing my form and I said I had done CD before she was like oh, well I wouldn't be sponsoring you then. I'd like to get to a BMI of 25 first! She just seemed very focused on the money and wanting to be able to quit her job.

I don't know, maybe it's just me.

I did text her saying that I really did want porridge, orange bars and choc mint so could I change some or get extra and I've had no reply. That was on Weds.

duncan - Yes an email is fine if it's ok with you, if you prefer a text or phone call you could always mention this to your CDC. I see you're in w sussex, anywhere near Worthing?

caroline - I love the idea of a motivational text each weekend :D
hi surreystar im in eastgrinstead, i think its about 50 something miles from worthing

Hey Duncan..Im in Worthing!! :)

I am fortunate to have a very nice and helpful consultant. I don't drive so I could walk to her house if necessary, which was the reason that I approached this consultant. In fact it's the other way round, I can be awkward and unreliable - sometimes because of my job, other times social stuff crops up and I want to change my appointments etc. But I think that my consultant 'manages' me well, with understanding and humour! It is important that I feel supported and can chat easily to her, so I hope that you find a consultant Caroline that you can have the same confidence in x

Definately change Caroline, some CDC are brilliant , some so-so, some are crap.And if this one is not working for you , its your responsibility to change.

Her personality might just be a bit scatty . Before I chose one I rang around, I knew by speaking to them I would find the one who seemed right for me.

I remember the first I spoke with, had someone at the door asked me to call back ( didn't offer to call me back) and then seemed in a rush to get through how it all worked and then made a big deal about a one off £20 'registration' fee.Fair enough, but I felt she and I would not click or that I would be irritated by how quickly see spoke. Horses for courses, but I can not be worried about the professionalism and personality of a CDC at the same time I am on my program

And if I could not get the items I wanted without hassle from a CDC, I am out the door, no ifs no buts.

Belle

I've found a new CDC now. I might speak to the other one and let her know why I've decided to find someone else, but to be honest, I doubt she'll be too bothered. She said 2 or 3 times that if I want to go back and see her that's up to me, but she won't chase me, she doesn't chase people. The new one is actually still only about a 15 minute walk away. I spoke to her a bit and she just feels much better suited for me. So we'll see how it goes.

Back