I think I want to do 790 What do u think?

5stone2lose

Starting again...
:eek: This is my 4th restart :eek:

I'm on DAY 3 on CD and feeling the pain :(

I think the 790 plan would be for me, I have a lot to cope with in my personal life and feel maybe this would be easier, choccy shake for brekky, soup for lunch, chicken for dinner and bar in evening?

I would be so happy with that and to be able to sit with my kids when their eating as I cant cope with that at the moment.

My mum would be happier if i did that aswell bless her she always worrys about me.

Karen x

Hi Karen,

You are having exactly the same thoughts as me. Day 4 of yet another re-start. I think you are allowed milk on 790 (sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong) which would help me too.

I started on the 790 plan and moved up to the 1000 plan within a week....

For me, exactly as you've said, I didn't want to not eat.. Our meals are really healthy, that isn't why I'm overweight (snacking!!) so, for me, I just needed the time out from the snacks (and to get into my wedding dress!)

I love the 1000 plan, I make my shakes up with milk (both of them which means I'm having a pint rather than half a pint a day but I'm healing from a really nasty knee injury with ligament and bone involvement so need lots of calcium!) and the shakes are GORGEOUS when made up with milk..

Plus having one meal a day is keeping me sane, I dont know how you SSers do it!!

But it hasn't affected my weight loss - 15lb in 4 weeks!! Looking forward to updating my ticker tomorrow!

Hi Karen,

You are having exactly the same thoughts as me. Day 4 of yet another re-start. I think you are allowed milk on 790 (sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong) which would help me too.

Im glad someone else is feeling the same!! I cant get in contact with my CDC but I dont think she wil be impressed!!:(

I cant get in contact with my CDC but I dont think she wil be impressed!!:(

She should be fine. It's not as if you are giving up on CD, just doing a different plan.

790 isn't just for those who can't manage SS, it's a diet in it's own right.

Best of luck and don't stand for any nonsence from your CDC :D

I did SS and wish I had done 790. The extra calories help you take more exercise and keep your metabolism running well, plus the real vegetables help avoid the constipation problems some suffer on SS. Sounds like weight losses vary very little between the two.

It is better to do a diet you feel you have a chance of keeping to than to beat yourself up over one you can't.

790 isn't just for those who can't manage SS, it's a diet in it's own right.

That's right - and because it's under 800 cals, it's still classed as a VLCD. From what I've heard, there isn't a lot of difference in weight loss between that and SS.

For me though, I NEED the very narrow rails of SS (at least in the beginning) to break the back of the problem. In time, I'd definitely consider 790 if I was really struggling - better that than giving up altogether :)

So do you still have the 3 packs as well as food? Just checking I got that right, as When I saw my CDC the day I met her she explained that you have 2 packs and food?

So do you still have the 3 packs as well as food? Just checking I got that right, as When I saw my CDC the day I met her she explained that you have 2 packs and food?
790 plan

What you can have:

• 3 cambridge Diets
  • 293ml (half Pint) Skimmed milk (which you can add to your tea or coffee)
  • 3 tablespoons of veg or salads
  • one rich protein option from list in the yellow weight care book.
  • plus you must still have your min of 4pints fluid from water/cal free and sugar free drinks.
When you go up to step 3 1000cal programme that is when you drop to the 2 CD's.

Hope this help.:D

Hi Karen

If its any help I follow the ss and have been advised by my cdc that I can have a small amount of chicken or tuna (0 carbs) and celery lettuce cucumber and mushrooms. Makes a great salad! And keeps me sane :crazy:
I'm still losing weight and feeling happy :p

790 plan

What you can have:
  • 3 cambridge Diets
  • plus you must still have your min of 4pints fluid from water/cal free and sugar free drinks.

Hi Lenwie,

Thanks for the information. Very helpful.

790 plan

What you can have:
  • 3 cambridge Diets

That sounds like just what I need !!! Hope CDC agrees !

Let me know how you are getting on - I'm thinking of moving to 790 as i am starting to crave vegetables !!!!!!!

Hey,

Keep me updated how it goes I have to move up next week

Good Luck ;)

Back