I thought I was making a sensible choice....

I think we will all need a night off now and again, I have only just started this past Monday so I haven't taken a break yet but I have already planned to have a night off this diet for my birthday in May as I know I have a planned family get together at an Italian restaurant and so it will be a carb full meal, that said as a once off I am willing to do that and then face the whole getting back into ketosis thing the day or so after that. I think the only problem is if you are say having treats all the time, so going in an out of ketosis on a weekly basis I can't think would be a good thing but the odd planned treat meal etc I think is fairly necessary as long as you are willing to face a few rough days afterwards whilst getting back on track. At the end of the day we all need to have a life as well and sometimes that involves proper food hey.

Em

I have my best friends wedding in five weeks I want to be on plan and aiming to get into such a routine that I don't want to come off as I think five weeks away is too close. Feeling drained today and OH keeps saying shame we can't go fr a meal etc it's torture lol o well be worth it in the end and it's not forever I guess :)

I'm good thanks Adrian. I didn't lose ketosis which suprised me but 11 daysish later, I had a gain which naffed me right off. I had a sneaky look this morning and it looks like I will make up for it this week (actually touching wood) even though I also succumbed to a small slice of deep pan pizza on Friday night. The temptation when I was dishing it up got to much. I ate chicken only for my 4th meal of the day and once again managed to keep hold of ketosis. I have a tough two weeks ahead. A chinese buffet on Tuesday for a friend's birthday (will try and stick to just meat), my son's birthday on Wednesday and my youngest daughter's birthday next week. I'm staying positive though which has been helped no end by my sneaky weigh this morning.... How are you getting on Adrain? I haven't been coming on here much and haven't looked at the diaries for weeks. Powering down those lbs I expect!!!!!

Back