I thought I was making a sensible choice....

StripedDaisy

A sucker for a key change
Hi all,

I've been ill this week with a stinking cold and have been craving fatty food. Well today was my turn to cook but I also needed to go to the supermarket to buy it. Long story short, I couldn't face it so decided to order in. I thought chinese would be best so I could choose something that was mainly protein so pored over the menu and opted for szechuan shredded beef thinking it would be shredded beef. When it arrived, I was gutted to see it must be coated in cornflour and deep fried. I know the oil isn't a particular problem (I'm not bothered about the cals as a one off) but the cornflour is. I was so hungry I wolfed it down and now I'm worried I will have ruined 7 weeks of ketosis. I will just carry on with packs and add some protein for a couple of days to get ketosis back but I'm proper gutted with myself so just had to share. Xx

You will get back into ketosis in a couple of days - you have not ruined 7 week's worth! Do not worry. :)
To put it into perspective - I had ONE meal off-plan on Thursday 14th (exactly a week ago) I had pizza/garlic bread and a bottle of wine - then went ON plan 100% again on Friday and stayed there - and still lost 2lbs this week. So, on that note - hopefully your mind is going to be calmer :) You're ok!! Just keep going 100% and you'll be just fine! :D

I wouldn't worry, I'm sure it won't make 2 much difference. Just get back on plan and ul b fine xxx:)

You tired your best. You tried to make the best decision when ordering and it's not your fault it came the way it did. It's just a case of getting straight back on plan and not thinking you've blown it.

I had some biscuits a packet of crisps and a glass of wine on Sunday. I am still 3 lb heavier than last week and weigh in tomorrow. It took me a couple of days to get back into ketosis. The point I am making is that it may not come off quickly but keep at it and it will come off.

**Confession Corner**

I had a Chinese last week. Sweet and sour chicken balls (in batter), rice, salt and pepper chips AND prawn crackers. Committed the ultimate of sins... Carbicide!!!

If that wasn't bad enough I'd already eaten left over cold pizza that very same morning too! I was completely hung over and felt like I was actually gonna pass away at one point.

I still lost 2lbs that week. And another 2lbs this week.

Dont worry about it hun, we all do it. I was in week 7 too but just got straight back on it and carried on like nothing had happened and the scales seemed to agree with that. It's a ball ache getting the hunger pangs back but they only last a day.

xx

I too had a chinese when I returned from Marrakech, to finish off the carb 2 days and to see if I could *ahem* clear it through a little quicker ;). Didn't work, still gained 2lb this week. But I'll have it off for sure this week. It happens, we have our reasons, we learn from them and we grow.

Love the ball ache description, that has put a smile on my face. Well this morning I am a lb down from tuesday so hopefully I'm holding to the k after all. I'm not hungry yet so fingers crossed....

Love the ball ache description, that has put a smile on my face. Well this morning I am a lb down from tuesday so hopefully I'm holding to the k after all. I'm not hungry yet so fingers crossed....

Ha! Glad it has. I'm not condoning a Chinese every week here by the way. But once in a (very hungover) blue moon isn't gonna kill us. Even if you do sts or gain a tiiiiiiny pound, like the others say, it'll be off next week xx

I am not so lucky as some of you. I had a glass of wine, packet of crisps and a few chocolate digestives on Sunday night, gained 2lb had a terrible few days getting back in ketosis was 100% Monday to today and still gained 1lb this week

That both sucks and blows!

Not to rub it in but I have somehow stayed in ketosis. Pee stick was very light pink but I haven't been hungry today. V strange!

That's good news daisy.. As said above keep at it and hopefully the damage won't be awful....

somehow though, it's dangerous... If you slip and gain, you kind of accept the weight gain as justified, get back on plan, learn a lesson and put it behind you.... but if you get away with it once, although you feel lucky... It kind of makes it easy to do it again as you think "oh well it made no difference last time".... A slippery slope if you aren't careful...

I'm starting to wonder if it actually did me some good as I'm another unofficial lb down this morning. It could have just kicked started my metabolism. Don't worry though, I won't be making a habit of it. Of course it could still change for the worse before my official wi on Tuesday. Interesting.....

Thanks for all the support. It warms my heart to be reminded that we are all in this together xxx

Well done on just getting straight back on it. Like someone said before it can lead to a slippery slope but seeing it as a one off that can't happen again is the way to go. Just got to remember if it happens again you might not be so lucky and it'll keep you on track. Woo to another pound off btw!!

xx

I'm starting to wonder if it actually did me some good as I'm another unofficial lb down this morning. It could have just kicked started my metabolism. Don't worry though, I won't be making a habit of it. Of course it could still change for the worse before my official wi on Tuesday. Interesting.....

Thanks for all the support. It warms my heart to be reminded that we are all in this together xxx

My losses are always extremely slow - but when I 'jog' my metabolism after a few weeks of 100% - by having a "normal" day, losses are better the following week. Body 'wakes up' from slumber. Not just that, I also feel better, less foggy and run down. :) I wouldn't use it as an excuse or anything, but, I think it does help.

I mean in perspective - people lose weight doing JuDDD - 3 days on 500-600 calories (like we are) and then 4 days normal calorie days (1700-2000) depending. It balances out to a weekly average.

The thing with a VLCD is - I think some people do 'shut down' more quickly than others, some things slow down (such as hair/nail growth - this is why on VLCD some people notice a huge hair loss - I lost half the volume of mine which never recovered since 2008!). Making sure the body has enough energy to 'wake up' every once in a while, I think is helpful.

Having said that - however, it's very easy to say 'I'll just have one' and then not have the whole lot/or have a few days ongoing 'off plan'. But if your mind is in the right place, it's ok. :)

Oh I've had plenty of "nights off" ! Provided you get back onto it 100% the next day you will keep losing - see below!

Back