• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

I thought ..this is it !!!!

Quite annoyed really ...
We went to sister-in-laws at the weekend , bearing in mind we havent been for 5 weeks.
There we all was chatting away and SIL said
''I've got to ask...''
(I thought OMG she has noticed)
She went on ...'' have you lost weight?''....
I was like Oh yes, oh yes I have !!(in my head)
and she finished it off by saying ...
''Paul?''
AARRRGGGHHH!!!!
thats sooo unfair !!
wot about me???:cry:
obviously im still fat !
then a bit later Paul said -''We've had dinner out and I had a cream egg, but Alice is not allowed one !!''
What an idiot ...SW is a secret, so she asked me why I wasnt allowed one ....I said
'' oh it's not that i not allowed one ,i just didnt want one ''....I could slap him at times

He had better start behaving or he wont be going to you know where;);)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Ah, how frustrating!!

I find that it takes a good few stone before people notice with me. I think they can tell something is different but they're not sure what and are too polite to say anything until they're sure!

I wish people wouldn't be so polite though - it makes any dieters day if people notice!

Annie68

Silver Member
It's not fair is it? We went to visit family at Christmas who we'd not seen since July last year. I'd lost almost 2 and a half stone by that point and not one of my family noticed.. including my mum and eldest daughter! :(

You've done really well.. and next time you see them, they'll notice :D

Edwin

Silver Member
oh i know the feeling but with girl at work. she says she's lost 5 lbs. i've lost 2st and they all noticed her. grrrrrr stick with it and you'll get noticed!

clairex

Silver Member
i think because i have so much to lose, its not going to be until i lose a good 3stone before people noticing - which is very depressing but aslong as I can see a difference that will keep me going for now!

How come people are soooooo quick to comment when we put weight on but never comment when it's lost??? It took ages before people noticed I was losing but in the past, the minute I put some on it was noticed!!!

BevR

i haven't told any family about me starting slimming neither, because i think they all expect me to fail again, all i get is.
'well you can't see a difference yet may be next month or so'
or
' well your sister is very slim you will never get to be like her, don't worry that your obese thats who you are'

ARGHH!!!! families dont you just love them

Lol...families are confusing!
I saw mine on 23rd December at a funeral and had loads of comments about my weight loss from a pervy Uncle!...nice!