I want to cry

Louisa78

I am feeling rather sorry for myself today.
I don't know what is going on with me and this diet this time around.

This is my 2nd time around, the first time was super successful and i lost almost 4 stone.

I did well on the 1st 2 weeks of induction, and have lost 1.5lbs the next couple of weeks.

But something is not right. I am shattered. I don't have that energy buzz that you normally get with the atkins. I am still in ketosis, but am not losing weight.

What is going wrong :(

I didn't have this the 1st time around, i had so much energy, lost at least 2lbs each week, normally more. Is my body wise to this diet now?

Awww, Louisa, I'm so sorry you feel like this. *hugs*

I know how you feel because I was there two weeks ago. It's incredibly frustrating when you feel you've really *earned* a loss and you don't get one. Just remind yourself that you've lost 10lbs in the first month - that's not to be sniffed at!

I first started the Atkins way of eating back in about 2000. I lost 2.5 stone and kept it off with my own brand of Maintenance (and occasional returns to Induction levels) for about 5 years until a bout of illness in 2005/6 when I abandoned Atkins altogether and put the weight back on. I've now been back on Induction since Feb.

In all that time, it’s fair to say I've has some ups and downs! And there have been many days where I've felt exhausted, fuzzy-brained, headachey, and thoroughly depressed. But when I think back in more detail, I realise that I *always* have days like that, whatever my eating plan. Even the first time around on Atkins, I had mornings when I would go into work early and curl up under my desk for 20 mins until everyone else started arriving! Yet if someone asked me about my first experience on the diet I would've said that I felt great all the time, had bags of energy etc.

As for the energy levels, the only thing that really works 100% of the time for me - and I know it's the last thing you're going to want to hear - but it's exercise. When you're feeling drained of energy it's the last thing you want to do, but it never fails for me. Sometimes you don't feel it until the next day. But if you get the chance to go out for a jog or a brisk walk today, you will eventually feel better for it.

Hang in there, hon.
xxx

Reactions: Jim
{{{{{Louisa}}}}}

I think you are going through a plateau, you need to look very carefully at what you're eating love, maybe there is some carb creep going on.

I'm not sure about the lack of energy though, I'll have a think about it love.

I am convinced that 2nd or even third time round on Atkins is always more diffficult than the first time and losses always appear slower.

Its as though our bodies go "Oooh hang on a minute, I remember this malarky" and tries to hold on to the fat a bit tighter! Thats my scientific theory anyway. Stick at it and make sure your mind is stronger than your body.

I am convinced that 2nd or even third time round on Atkins is always more diffficult than the first time and losses always appear slower.

I've heard that, and I'm not about to try it, thanks!!

Dont blame you Jim!

Exercise yes. I am also feeling a bit lazy and plan to get on the floor tonight.

XX

Yeah, I guess we live and learn eh Jim? I'm eating better than I have in a long time and doing the Atkins makes sure I don't get down about the things I cant eat.

I can foresake chips, chocolate, etc, so long as I know I can have a portion of ribs or lamb chops or something along those lines. That way I've always got something to look forward to.

Its as though our bodies go "Oooh hang on a minute, I remember this malarky" and tries to hold on to the fat a bit tighter! Thats my scientific theory anyway. Stick at it and make sure your mind is stronger than your body.

OMG thats is so true! First time I did Atkins it was easy, I lost loads and felt great etc. 2nd time around none of that applied and I became disillusiuoned and eventually gave up. Bizarre though I have to agree. :sigh:

Louise, stop beating yourself up girl, you have lost more than 10lb, do you know what 10lbs of fat looks like? Get your chin up, get back on track, and fingers crossed for a whoooooshie!

its ten of these
06_12_04_fat2.jpg

OMG Jim, Yuck, yuck & more yuck! I've just imagined me with the skin off!!

well, it shows just whhat we are getting rid of. :D

Ewwwww!

I am feeling a bit better today thankyou all.

I have been having some sneaky vodka and coke zeros at the weekend so i am going to cut those out, and the sugar free sweeties and see if that helps.

Maybe my body is a little wise to this, but science is science right? Eventually it will have to stop being stubborn and give in!

I am not giving in!! No chance at all!

x

Thats the spirit!!

Louisa, that's exactly what happened to me. I did Atkins 6 years ago and lost 3 stone in 4 months. Loved every minute of it except first 3 days but it stopped working for me and has never worked since. I can now initially lose about 1/2 a stone and then nothing. I am convinced my body became wise to it as this has happened to me before on other diets although I've never been as successful as I was on Atkins. I'd love to find a way round this. I am on Cambridge just now which is very very difficult and I am terrified that the same thing will happen on this. If you lose more please let me know.

Back