Extra Easy I want to give up

iwilldoit

Well weighed today and only last 0.5lb, I am so upset as tried so hard. My consultant checked my food diary and couldn't see anything wrong. I just feel like giving up, 2lbs in 4weeks is just so slow. It just doesn't seem worth the extra money it's costing me in food :cry::cry:

We discussed trying some red days but I just don't know why it's not working, I did EE before and had nice losses each week. Feel like a failure and embarrassed as I really have been 100%.

What will giving up achieve?
Will you switch to another diet plan? Will you give up altogether?

Why is it costing you extra money in food? What are you buying? SW doesn't have to be expensive.

Yes it is slow but giving up will make it even slower. You have to stick with it.

Do you honestly eat a third superfree with all meals?
Do you weigh and measure everything?
Do you guess syns or check before you eat?
Do you vary your food?
Drink lots of water?

Try increasing the amount of superfree you eat, or look in your book for the Speed and Superspeed symbols (S and SS) next to foods, try to focus on these.

I know it is frustrating but giving up just isn't the answer.

Dont give up. I know the losses are slow but think where you would of been if you hadnt of started....probably a good 7lb heavier then you are. *big hugs*

Nothing more I can add to the excellent support jaylou has given.

Look at it this way, you weigh 2lb less than you did 4wks ago which is brill, ok it's slow loss, but is there any rush? So if you give up now what then, you'll probably put on what you've lost & more besides.

Have you taken a look at peoples food diaries on here to see what they are eating, honestly I don't spend too much money on food, I eat lots of rice, potatoes & pasta, carrots are cheap at the mo & if you have an Aldi nearby they always have cheap fruit & veg in.

There is also a sticky on here 'where the bargins are' take a look at that as people post where special offers are.

Aww no dont give up, I have felt the same as you many times over the months but am finally starting to see that slower is better, just look at how slow some of , well most of my losses have been
Try and think positive its worth it in the end :)

Dont give up :)
I lost 1lb in my first week, then put 1lb ON in my second week! ...but i stuck with it and now im 15lbs lighter! It will get easier, just give it abit longer and take the great advice given above :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

Great advice already, the only thing I can add is try not to think of this as a diet that you can "give up"... I am taking the view that it's now a way of life, a set of principles that I have adopted and will follow for the long term. The only thing I dislike about the SW approach is having to limit my Syns, although of course I understand why I need to do that... other than that, it's just normal, healthy eating and as others have said, what would I do otherwise - go back to old habits and continue gaining weight!

I am not having the best week myself, I've got a stinking cold and I have made a decision to eat more than I usually would, for a couple of days. I accept this could slow down my weight loss for this week. However in the long term, SW seems to me to be a really healthy, good approach and I want to follow it - I know I will be 100 per cent back on plan within another day or two once I am feeling better (I've not been able to shop/plan/cook as well as I normally would).

I hope you will stick with it and good luck x

Oh thanks everyone, I am feeling a lot better, I have given myself the day off as I really needed too. I looked at my book and yes it is slow but like you all say it is a loss.

I am measuring ALL my HE's and syns, I do 3 zumba classes a week and run approx 12 miles so that could have something to do with it.

I am trying a red week, so will see what next week brings :confused:

Thanks again xxx

And I just want to put my penny worth in iwilldoit! You have lost weight, yes its slow, but stil a loss. Look at how heavy 2 lbs is and congratulate yourself on losing that. I was a slow loser, many many weeks only losing half a pound BUT a dripping tap fills a bucket, my tap never every gushed, it was always drip drip drip. But I got to target, I did do it, and if you continue you will too. Just read and re read your books and take all the advice on here. There is always someone logged on to help and support you. We all feel low sometimes but think how much better you will feel when you continue with the healthy lifestyle you have. You will do this! :)

Just to add on to the wonderful advice you have already received. I have seen so many posts on here where people are losing really slowly and it always seems to be when they are doing lots of exercise, running in particular. So to shamelessly copy *hides face* the advice that I have seen on these threads:

1) make sure you are drinking loads of water, the muscles hold on to the water to help with repairing them
2) measure yourself, if the scales aren't moving but you are exercising then it may well show in inches (and to be fair this is what we all want - inches off and a dress size or 3 less!)
3) any lose is a good lose - 0.5lb lose a week is over 2 stones in a year - 2 dress sizes approx!
4) slower losses means its more sustainable in the long run and your much more likely not to put the weight back on again, as so many of us have in the past. Slow and steady wins the race!

These are the things that keep me going on a bad week, all great advice from people on here that know exactly how your feeling. Don't give up you will get there! Good luck! x

Back