I want to go short!!

xKimmiex

Silver Member
In need of some girlie advice! Anyway I want to have my hair cut for new York in July,
Hopefully il be at goal by then (got just under 6st to go).
I'm thinking like a long bob?! The only problem is iv never had short hair!! I'm very much a long hair girl, but everytime I have my hair cut it never looks very different lol

Anyway I am also really liking frankie from saturdays hair but think id need the back abit longer? Or just a longer choppy bob? I don't know if I dare, or if it will make me look "fatter" but iv noticed my long hair makes me look quite big ATM.

That's me in the display piccie, advice would much be appreciated

Thank you xox

Hey Kimmie, I love frankies hair and am tempted to get mine cut like that! I have bra length hair and I'm the same, never looks any different when I have it cut! It's my birthday in July and I want to have lost 6 st by then, if I do then, short funky hair cut for me xxx

Hi Kimmie -- A make over is just what reaching goal requires. After I lost weight -- I did a little make over and and some people (ones who did not know me well) -- thought I looked different because of the haircut, not the weight loss.

The good thing about hair is that it'll grow back if you don't like it.

I do like your hair now, though.

MM

Thts what I'm thinking if I don't like it il get some clip in extensions for holiday lol

I'm a paranoid person, probs from being so big all my life, and If someone makes fun of me I then think everyone is.
There will be alot of pics taken on holiday so I want to feel comfy in my skin :)

Oooh it's always so hard going from long to short! You're so used to being able to do anything with long hair, plaits, ponytails, curls... then all of a sudden POOF it's gone! But it's so nice, and your head will feel a lot lighter too haha! I too always had long hair, but I now find shorter hair much more glamorous!

I'm going to get my hair cut for my birthday this week and this is the pic I'm taking with me, longer at the front and slightly shorter at the back, it's less scary and changey that way! Maybe something like this would work for you too?

P.S. I have that poster on my bedroom wall at home too! :D

Attachments

• 2009-bob-haircut2.jpg
    2009-bob-haircut2.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 137
That's a great cut miss Laura, I like that pic Kimmie but it's gonna be a frankie cut for me :) xxx

I'm loving all these chic and sext short cuts, i'm having mine done when i get closer to goal too. This thread has given me some great ideas

Thing is I have quite a long face and a bigg forehead :( no idea what to do lol

I think it would look nice! My boyfriend said I should get my hair cut short but it's quite long and I wear longer extensions too haha. I would have it done if I was slimmer but I hide behind my hair at the moment..

Hi.....until a few years ago, I had quite long hair, nearly down to my bum at one point!!! Decided to chop it off and have NEVER regretted it!! Go for it !! If you don't like it, the great thing is that it does grow back! Haha! I love the style you've chosen, you'll look brill!!

Diva x

If you like kimmie, i could photo shop the hair onto your avatar pic and upload it, then you could get some idea. The model has a very square face in the pic whereas yours is much slimmer, so the hair will hang differntly.

just look at me! chop chop chop, colour colour colour

Photoon2011-01-14at1829.jpg

gone a bit whiter, silvery white. tried grey and it looked bad!!!! :D

Lynn_ said:
If you like kimmie, i could photo shop the hair onto your avatar pic and upload it, then you could get some idea. The model has a very square face in the pic whereas yours is much slimmer, so the hair will hang differntly.

Yes pleaseeee! Or of u can find any hairstyles like that would be great xox

I cut my long hair off last year after I lost some weight and loved it at the time, then I when from platinum blonde to dark brown and also put the weight back on, I hated it then - a short brown bob is not good on my fat face so now I have long long extensions (permanent ones) and they're so high maintenance (oh says just like me lol) so I can't wait till I have cheekbones again and I can go back short

Ps my pics of long / short hair from last year are on my profile. Mine was a long bob but not too drastic!

stokegal said:
I cut my long hair off last year after I lost some weight and loved it at the time, then I when from platinum blonde to dark brown and also put the weight back on, I hated it then - a short brown bob is not good on my fat face so now I have long long extensions (permanent ones) and they're so high maintenance (oh says just like me lol) so I can't wait till I have cheekbones again and I can go back short

Ps my pics of long / short hair from last year are on my profile. Mine was a long bob but not too drastic!

I'm hoping I won't put my weight back on lol, I'd have extensions if it don't suit me.

Think I'm going to ask hairdressers lol

Yes pleaseeee! Or of u can find any hairstyles like that would be great xox

Here ya go, its a bit pixely as your avatar is small, but it might give you an idea

kimmiecrop.jpg

Back