I want to join you but I'm scared...

wannabslim

Gold Member
What if I mess up? What if the weightloss isn't fast enough to get slim for my wedding dress? What if I don't lose....?

So many questions! I really want to ditch the VLCD in favour of something I can use to lose the rest of my weight and then maintain with but am so scared in case it doesn't work for me....

I could really do with your advice/support/words of encouragement about how this diet works/worked for you and whether you think I could get from 12.9 to 10.9 by Christmas!! I can't take any chances :( but I really want to join you all ASAP!!

xx

there is 16 and a bit weeks to xmas a steady loss of 2lb a week would be 32lbs 4lbs over your target.......to allow for the odd bad week etc. Its certainly do able and you could do two weeks on kickstart which is lower points so you have a bigger loss for the 1st two weeks but then have to go on to use all your points on the following weeks.

When i did kickstart last time i lost 7lbs the first week and 4lbs the week after.....think i lost a stone in 4 weeks

You would need to lose 2lb a week consistently to achieve that. In theory that is possible but it doesn't allow any wiggle-room if you were to have a plateau. Are you struggling with your VLCD? I wonder if you might be better to try and give it another few weeks and then move over to WW to get you used to food in time for your wedding and honeymoon?

That being said, there have been some people with great losses on here but I see WW as being a good, consistent diet where you can eat real food in the real world.

Quick weight loss it does not always deliver. Sustainable weight loss, I believe it does.

Thanks guys for your constructive and helpful advice. KarenLou, you're right, thinking about it like that there really isn't much leeway in case of plateau, and for me plateaux are very common as I exercise a lot. Although I can see as Kirsty says that by doing Kickstart and achieving a 2lb loss each week it would be doable... I also need to bear in mind that I'd be coming off a VLCD so may even experience a small gain to start with, in which case I would probably be unlikely to make it in time.

So, I have reached this decison. To SS til Monday which is my week 2 WI and then rethink it all.I have about 10 days worth of packs at the mo, so even if its just to be thrifty I would like to use them up!! I do want to continue with SS as long as possible as I want to lose the weight ASAP so I can start maintaining on WW, but not sure that losing the bulk of my weight on WW is the best plan for me now that I am in the zone with CD- to throw it away would be a wasted opportunity. So I am going to keep going through the weekend, and if I can make it to Monday I will reassess and see how I feel. Need to give it more of a chance. But I will definitely be using WW to maintain if not to lose... you can guarantee I will be seen a lot on this forum definitely in October sometime (if I stick with SS I will be at 11.1 by then) if not before!

Thanks for your advice xxx

No probs. That seems like a sensible conclusion to me. If you weren't on a specific deadline I'd probably think differently but under the circumstances...

Look forward to seeing you on here in Oct. Hope it goes well between now and then x

Yeah thats the way I see it. Mind you, the deadline isn't the wedding itself, just for choosing a dress. I just want to be the size I intend to be on my wedding day when I choose it so I know I can maintain that rather than put myself under pressure to slim down! xxxx

That makes sense. I get married in March and I'm buying my dress in the January sales to whatever weight I get to by Christmas will probably be more or less it too.

No chance of getting to target for me but at least I'm a stone and a half lighter than I was when we met and he seemed to fancy me then lol.

Lol yeah thank goodness for sales eh!? When I met mine I was about a stone heavier than I am now. Proceeded to gain over 2 stone cos I got too comfortable, then realised I was disgusted by myself and if I felt that way then surely he couldnt fancy me either! And although I know he'd love me no matter what, I owe it to him to look my best and be the best that I can be. AND I owe it to myself! xx

awww thanks hun :D can't wait to come back to you!! How has it been going for you recently? Sorry I have been crap at following up a lot of people cos have been so stretched with work! x

Aww it'll get there hun, you are doing so well with WW, if you moved it would only mess you up. Tbh I am feeling the same way in reverse! Thats why I have decided to stick with it as long as possible, gotta do what works for us haven't we!? x

Back