I want to lose weight but.......

And cheers j4ffa. I am having a miserable day today. Fed up with work, tired, not feeling well and just one of those days so staying quiet ha.

i enjoy swimming but not happy with the size of myself to go swimming atm but cheers for the advice..

N awwww

yeah it is understandable..it feels awkward to go for swimming with a heavy body..but for me,my aim is to lose weight as fast as I can..Don't care if someone is laughing or making fun out of me.I am trying every possible way including "yoga".A form of yoga is called "kopal-bharati"-It is simple and easy.It is done on a sitting position in the comfort of your home.

Guys, I am here just because I am very excited about the amount of weight I have lost within few days.Saw a beautiful conversation in this forum and thought to be a part of this thread.Hope you guys don't mind.I am not here to give you any advice.Just sharing my experience.

Hi, j4ffa has had no choice but to talk to me ha. Everyone is here for support at different points. I have already lost a lot but have a lot more to go so well done on your weight loss. It's fab when you lose a big amount. I am in a bit of a plateu at the minute I am afraid. But trying to make some changes this week to get past it.

More the merrier Yeah i know what you mean i dont care what people say about me but i still feel conscious on how i look and what not so swimming is out well till im ready although being big is kinda good as you do the best cannon balls lol.. Anyway naughty well i cant say much aint been to the gym in a few days whoops. im in the middle of losing i know im losing it so its all good but still struggle on some bits but if it was supposed to be easier nobody would be fat

Last edited:
Well the naughtiness continues.....! Having a rough few days. Found out my father in law has cancer yesterday and waiting on a prognosis today. Diet is last thing on my mind :-( But today we find out what we are up against but no matter what we have a tough time ahead. Tomorrow is a new start. No excuses about the diet. Changed my weigh ins to earlier on a Monday so not relying on my husband to go. If I put on this week then fine. Life happens!

Awww thats sh1te my dad had a cancer scare last year had all the ops and got the all clear which is great just need to have the tests every now and again to make sure it stays away...

I was naughty aswell was supposed to go to the gym today but the 10000mph winds we been having blew my fence down last night and had to get home and get it sorted as soon as so i can let the dog out but managed to get it sorted for now just hope it dosnt fly away again

Yeah I went to the gym in the wind and was not fun at all. Could barely open my car door. We live stupidly high up so have a constant wind problem here so have lost a lot of fences. Is it your house or rented? Quite jealous of people who can ring their landlords ha. I have decided to be naughty full hog today. Got a pizza and choc for tonight. My husband is at hospital til late so I want kids in bed at 7 and chill out time as back at work tomorrow night. Having a dog is good, you will always get exercise walking :)

Right i am a 34 year old male always been up and down with my weight and been able to control it but this time has gone abit far and im quite disgusted with myself really. i would class myself as morbidly obese weight unknown i was in sorta shape before losing my job well the doctors classed me as obese but i was going to the gym and getting myself in shape and i have always been a big lad so carried the weight well. but after losing my job and losing my g/f a few month after and not being able to get another job i turned to food to make me feel better and it did but now im wanting to lose the weight but scared. I dont want to lose the weight and have the loose flabby skin i would rather be how i am than have the loose flabby skin i know i know my health would be so much better but that dosnt matter to me. i know its all my own doing i cant blame anybody for how i am so what ever happens will be down to me.

Someone said to me it depens on the diet and what not so the skin might not go all flabby but unsure.

currently my belly hangs abit down as well as love handles and have the moobs and chunky thighs. its more the top half of the body im worried about i just dont want to go through all the hardwork to be left with a body i hate even more than i do than when i was overweight

so any help advice would be great.

On the flabby skin front you need to lose A LOT before that becomes an issue so why not do what you can and when you start to notice and skin issues reevaluate if you want to continue? You can't be affraid of something you don't KNOW is going to happen. I myself would rather be overweight than have a lose skin issue but that didn't stop me from dieting! I'm 5 stone down and no skin issues yet...and if I start having problems with it in the final few stone (which I expect to) then I plan on slowing down the losses, work on toning and applying liberal amounts of stretch mark/firming lotions and potions. I think (might be rumor) that swimming would help as well as the water will return some of the elasticity to the skin.

I can tell that much more and my tummy fat "pouch" is going to turn into a skin "pouch" and that scares me a bit :-( but I'm going to keep going for a few more months and then decide what to do. I can honestly say that being 5 stone lighter and worried about getting lose skin is far better than being the weight I was before and worrying about getting lose skin!!!

(didn't see this thread was 5 pages long before I posted - well done all of you on sticking with it)

Last edited:
On the flabby skin front you need to lose A LOT before that becomes an issue so why not do what you can and when you start to notice and skin issues reevaluate if you want to continue? You can't be affraid of something you don't KNOW is going to happen. I myself would rather be overweight than have a lose skin issue but that didn't stop me from dieting! I'm 5 stone down and no skin issues yet...and if I start having problems with it in the final few stone (which I expect to) then I plan on slowing down the losses, work on toning and applying liberal amounts of stretch mark/firming lotions and potions. I think (might be rumor) that swimming would help as well as the water will return some of the elasticity to the skin.

I can tell that much more and my tummy fat "pouch" is going to turn into a skin "pouch" and that scares me a bit :-( but I'm going to keep going for a few more months and then decide what to do. I can honestly say that being 5 stone lighter and worried about getting lose skin is far better than being the weight I was before and worrying about getting lose skin!!!

(didn't see this thread was 5 pages long before I posted - well done all of you on sticking with it)

yeah it does sound stupid its just how i felt as seen all the programs with people losing weight and they had the baggy skin and it just worried me.. but noticed so far its not too bad atm i just need to change the way i train got some good hints yesterday while at the gym so help with more of the weight loss getting in the rhythm of it

Fraggle its own house but managed to get it sorted for now n awwwww a mate tried to get me to eat naughty but i managed to say no duno how lol as it was my fav but must be good... The worst bit i had was i came into the changing room and this guys eating a bbq chicken i was like you beeeeep

Right back on track today. So easy to get knocked off track. Ok so I may make it easy. Having huge shoulder problems again so had to miss the gym this morning and got doctor later on.

again what ever your doing it calm down and cool

I was hoping to do the gym yesterday but ma belly wasnt having any of it so had a day off then another day off today had to get home and babysit for a mate but back at it tomorrow tho woop

Babysitting is like the gym ha ha. I raced my 7 year old to the car yesterday when took her for a swimming lesson. I won!! Ok maybe a little competitive against my child but the fact I ran that distance actually impressed me ha. Currently writing this on a spin bike waiting for 6.45 spin. Actually feel like a week off has done me the world of good. P.s I put on 4lbs in my week off, oops!! Will lose again this week though.

I ran to catch the train this morning and missed it by about 3 seconds but the main thing is I ran for about 60 seconds full pelt and didn't feel like my chest was burning at the end of it!

It's been a bad 3-4 days on the diet front and we go away on Friday for a week so it's really difficult to be "good" for all of three more days but going to give it a try...then it's back and the push to get rid of the final stone and a bit...!!! What's everyone up to today?

Babysitting wasnt too bad as she can barely crawl so its easy lol best thing about babysitting you can give them back haha..

Yeah its the little things you notice that little run to catch the bus or train or even run to the car you dont feel as tired as you did.

Did the gym today and used the advice that the personal instructor said the other day and found myself with alot more energy than i normally had so can do more which is good also ended up speaking to some lads that i always see there about maybe doing some weights with them as they know more of that than me.

Ahh cool cool maybe try that n ohh yeah the extra person saying you can do it makes you believe in yourself that you can which is great and now im trying to get a few mates to maybe come to the gym with me 1 or 2 times a fortnight just so then they help me push that little bit further..

It's good having friends working out with you. I am missing that at the minute due to the time I am going. In fact just getting my stuff ready now for the morning. It's great getting it over and done with early though. Only went once last week and has made me a little unmotivated this week. Will be better once I have been tomorrow.

atm most have been busy but trying to get a few to join me but we will see. il prob end up going early next week currently on a course to help me get into work and it finishes this friday wooooop never wrote as much ever

How's it going? Have you finished your course now? In the process of downloading insanity as not getting to the gym as much as I would like. Not sure my shoulder will be up for it though.

Back