I will change my life!

I'm in awe, you have done so well.

Re your son, my son has ADHD and severe dyspraxia. He also has something called disorganised attachment disorder. I think he will also be getting the ASD diagnosis in the near future.

It was very difficult to work out what was going on for a bit and we didnt get anyone to even consider any diagnosis til he was rising 6. We have had a fight for a Statement of Special Educational needs but after using the courts service we finally has that.He is 10 now and definately very different for his peers.

One of the final straws that made me lose weight was I could no longer run fast enough when Leo ran off and was having to get total strangers to catch him! I'm quicker than him again now!!!!!

Hi Lucia, it's awful, trying to fight the system for them isnt it. We are still in limbo re diagnosis but he is dyspraxic and I suspect he may well be diagnosed adhd when he turns 6. He's being seen by the asd panel in March this year, so we'll see what that brings. (I may have said this in an earlier post but can't remember so apologies if you've read this).

At least we are doing something positive about our health though. A fitness instuctor at our local gym told me that they had been looking for common aspects of obese people that they work with.

They found that the single most common factor in all their clients were that they were all carers, in some capacity. Basically putting everyone else first and themselves last.

She said that it's really common thing in overweight people as we spend a lot of time caring for others and not ourselves. She said it's important to put yourself first sometimes are realise that you deserve it.

Anyway I'm rambling again. Thanks for the comment and I think you're doing fab. It's brill that you can catch Leo now, it's a sod when they try and do a runner lol x

I'm with both of you ladies on the running after our children. My wee cherub is 6 and has aspergers, no danger awareness, and i struggle to catch him near traffic etc, hence why i am forever gripping him tightly by the hand :) I look forward to catching him with ease, rather with the need of a paramedic and oxygen mask! ;)

Interesting 'find' at your gym, i think the instructors have hit the nail on the head feynman!

have a good sunday :)

That is really intresting about the gym, really is.

I had much more control over my weight pre children. I was overweight but it was much more controlled and I was nowhere near as big. My kids all arrived overnight as we adopted a sibling group of three aged 1,2 and 3!

As my son spiralled out of control and needed much more help from me my weight went up in epic proportions. Intrestingly I started the diet the day I returned from a week in France without Leo (he was having respite with my Mum staying at ours as he wont sleep away from home) It was over that week in a totally rural gite in the middle of nowhere I kind of found myself again and realised I had been overwhelmed by him.

I have definately put myself alot higher up the list and the comfort eating has totally disappeared.

Hello :) I find that very interesting what they think at the gym. I had always been in control over my weight until I had children. Then as a baby my son was poorly, this combined with working and a husband and house to care for I ballooned. I think they hit the nail on the head there. When you aren't your first priority and you have other things or people to think of first your own health and care goes on the back seat xxxx

I think they're are absolutly right too. And it's silly really because if you don't put yourself first then you are probably not going to be as much use to whoever you are caring for anyway. I am gradually beginning to learn that 'I am important' and that putting myself first sometimes, is not selfish, in fact it is essential if I am to be able to be the 'best that I can be' for my kids. It is hard though be you have spent years putting everyone else first though!

Well have had a good day generally. Just swam another 64 lengths, which must help. Have deiced to try and jot down what I'm eating to keep a bit of an eye on what I'm doing. I'm finding the weight loss starting to slow down a bit now. My head tells me that is to be expected but I can't help wondering if I am starting to slip in more syns than I thought.
Anyway this is what I've had today with syn total. Have I totalled this up right?

(got to confess I've never actually counted the syns before:D I just know I dont have many so haven't bothered, but am thinking it may be a good idea to do so).

b- alpen light bar, heb, tangerine
l- jacket with tuna and low fat mayo -6syns
d- rice- (1syn- half a packet of aldi basmati rice), lentils, peas, sweetcorn, spinach

Snacks- muller light youghurt, banana, another aplen light bar- heb. Milk in tea hea

total 7syns

Ok, meals for today

b alpen light bar (hea), banana

l- bacon, scrambled egg with cottage cheese, plum tomatoes

d roast chicken, mash, carrot, green beans, cabbage, peas, sweetcorn

snacks, pineapple, alpen light (heb) tea with milk (hea)

Ans another swim, although not as far tonight. WI tomorrow, would be happy with 2 but would love 3 (just to convince myself I can still get 3)

feynman said:
I got 4:bliss:

Which not only was a great number for me but it takes me to over 100lb lost! and also takes my bmi below 40, so I am offically no longer morbidly obese.
So I feel a bit like this:banana dancer:

Well done hun amazing! Have a great weekend x x

Hi folks, sorry I've not been here for a day or so. Am having a bit of a nightmare. Don't know whats wrong with me. Have got the munchies big time. Have had a couple of not so good days food wise. TBH haven't even counted syns etc but pretty sure I must be well over. Begining to think I must have worms!. I think it might be hormonal but it's doing my head in.
Have also had a really bad few days with my back/hip again, which doesn't help as its stopped me exercising.
I need help, Talk me out of doing a load of damage please.

hello

don't panic lovey, you've had a couple of bad days, it happens! That was then..this is now! Just try to allow for the wee treats and cut back in the coming days, not in a starving kind of way, just a tiny bit less in your portion size. If you are still hungry, try to fill up with water, fruit, raisins, nuts, low fat cereal etc.
TOTM does make the hunger pangs stronger, i was craving dark chocolate last week..and i don't even particulary like dark chocolate! ;)
Don't sabotage all your hard work and determination, remember why you want to lose weight, and be so proud of yourself for getting back on track, without throwing in the towel!
It is not easy hun, but come on YOU can do this, draw a line under the past couple of days, and take on today with hope in your heart and huge smile on your face..march on to the finishing line lovey, i'm right beside you! :)

I couldn't ait to get from stage 3 to 2 in obesity......If you don't laugh you would cry

Hi hun hope you are feeling better, dot beat yourself up just get back on that wagon when you can x x

Glad you feel a bit better hun x don't pressurise yourself, even if you only have one good day a week in the early days, its better than no good day at all! :)

The cold weather defiantely doesn't help..i'm trying to fill up on home made soups etc..when a big takeaway curry would have kept out the chill..in the old days! hee hee

have a good one and travel along in this wagon with me at your own speed hun..there is no time limit, we will all get there in the end, no matter how many days, weeks, months or years it takes! x

Back