I will get back to target!

Fingers crossed! Trying to stick to the plan, and keep my syns low if I can, knowing I'm out Sunday. But if I plan the food, I should be fine having a few drinks :) Houmous is on the menu too, so going to try make some of that tonight for the next few days. Carrot sticks at the ready :) lol x

Hi there...sorry to butt in but is there any chance you can post your houmous recipe? I've tried many but they always taste rather awful and nothing like the nice stuff you can by at the shop for stupid syns, lol

If I'm honest, I keep meaning to... but I keep forgetting to grab it on my way out the dorr in the morning! Lol
I'll try remember to put some with my lunch for tomorrow, when I get home tonight.

It doesn't normally happen, it was just really odd yesterday, very strange! x

I normally put all my fruit, non cold snacks and stuff in my lunch bag the night before and then I'm less likely to forget it.
It might just have been one of those days.
xx

The one I used I think was intended for a small (200g) tin of chickpeas, but I used a big 400g can and doubled up on everything else... lasted a few days too :)

(This is the original recipe)

200g can of chickpeas
1 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons fat free natural greek yoghurt

And just blitz them all together :)
Afterwards I just added some spices to give it a bit of flavour (cayene pepper or paprika) I just kept tasting as I added a little bit in. I did a little salt to it too. I think they key to it is adding some flavour, it's nice plain, but that bit of flavour can make a difference :) Next time you make it, try taking a small amount of the houmous, put it in a little dish and mix in a tiny bit of flavour to see if it works, saves contaminating the whole batch ;) lol

The one I used I think was intended for a small (200g) tin of chickpeas, but I used a big 400g can and doubled up on everything else... lasted a few days too :) (This is the original recipe) 200g can of chickpeas 1 garlic cloves 2 tablespoons lemon juice 2 tablespoons fat free natural greek yoghurt And just blitz them all together :) Afterwards I just added some spices to give it a bit of flavour (cayene pepper or paprika) I just kept tasting as I added a little bit in. I did a little salt to it too. I think they key to it is adding some flavour, it's nice plain, but that bit of flavour can make a difference :) Next time you make it, try taking a small amount of the houmous, put it in a little dish and mix in a tiny bit of flavour to see if it works, saves contaminating the whole batch ;) lol

Thanks a lot i'll try that...you drain the chick peas right? Do you need to preserve the liquid?

It's FRRRIIIDDDAYYY!!! :bliss:

The end of the week is here everyone :D and it feels wonderful :) lol

Normally my Friday tradition is to open a bottle of wine, and as much as I'd love to, I'm determined to not go over on my syns this week so I'm savings them for tomorrow! I do have a bottle of Blossom Hill Vie which works out at 5.5 syns for a 250ml glass, so I think I can manage a glass or two of that :) it's only 5.5%, but it's still a bit of something nice on a Friday lol

Breakfast: Banana
Lunch: Leftover Sweet & Sour Chicken with Uncle Ben's Long Grain Rice (1 syn)
Dinner: SW Tuna pasta bake (3 syns, crisps mixed with the cheese as topping... Sounds strange I know, but it works lol)

Snacks: satsumas

hexa: 30g cheese
hexb: 2 x hifi light

Extra syns: 250ml blossom hill vie white - 5.5 syns

Total syns: 9.5 (52.5/105)

Last edited:
So my carefully planned weekend didn't quite go as planned lol... Shopping on an empty stomach is my worst thing ever, but I was up and out early and I can't eat when I first get up, so it's kind of my own fault for not getting something more sensible!
Drinks and tea out Saturday night, and I think I may have drank an entire weeks worth of syns by the end of the night! More wine than planned, and then a cheap version of red bull, but of course there was no diet either! And Sunday was just an abundance of food, sweet or savoury!

Determined to make the fallafel and houmous recipe too... keep planning it and then forgetting to make it! So that's been put back on the menu this week, and seeing as I forgot the list of things I need, it'll have to be for Wednesday's lunch lol.

Today's plan:

Breakfast: Mullerlight, satsuma
Lunch: 2 x small wholemeal rolls (weighed together weigh just over 60g) one with leftover roast chicken, lettuce and cucumber, the second with tuna mayo, lettuce and cucumber (includeing spread, 2 syns)
Dinner: SW Sausage casserole (Free) with boiled rice

Snacks: satsumas, banana

hexb: wholemeal rolls

Extra syns: Propercorn Salted (4.5 syns)

Total syns: 4.5 (4.5/105)

Last edited:
I usually do that, but I ended up picking up a burrito :sigh: but the way I looked at it, I could have just as easily gone for McD's that would have been much higher!

I usually do that, but I ended up picking up a burrito :sigh: but the way I looked at it, I could have just as easily gone for McD's that would have been much higher!

Dont stress about it doll, what's done is done, just put it down to last week.
xxxx

For some reason, Tuesday was manic! I dind't seem to have chance to do anything, but dind't stop in the same breath! Back to back meetings meant I could only grab a wrap from the shop for lunch, even through I'd brought a lunch to work, I just didn't have time to eat it. And then due to traffic all the way home and feeling absolutely pooped, me and the sister ended up ordering Domino's. Bed early too lol.

So a fresh start today:

Breakfast: Mullerlight, satsuma
Lunch: Houmous, peppers, carrot, cucumber and some chicken legs (some leftover roast chicken from Monday)
Dinner: Chicken stir fry (chicken, peppers, carrots, onion, spring onions, soy sauce, boiled rice) and some spring rolls that we've got tucked away in the freezer (2 syns each, so may have 3, they're only little)

Snacks: satsuma, apple

hexb: 1 x caramel Hifi bar

Extra syns: spring rolls (6 syns), WW caramel bar (4 syns)

Total syns: 10 (10/105)

Last edited:
Last night ended up being a ridiculous night of cutting out butterflies on card, which were then pinned onto a dress, and an elaborate headband with wire and more butterflies! I love my sister, but why does she need to leave it until last minute to deicde on her outfit for World Book Day! And trust her to go as Effie from Hunger Games ;) lol (She's 25 and a teacher at a primary school)

Today's food:

Breakfast: Mullerlight & satsuma
Lunch: Leftover chicken stir fry
Dinner: homemade burgers, wholemeal roll, SW chips. I'll have some salad on the burger, but not sure what I fancy yet!

Snacks: satsuma, apple, banana

hexb: wholemeal roll

Extra syns: 1x Rhubard Hifi bar (3 syns), propercorn (5.5 syns), Mayo (1.5 syns), tomato ketchup (2 syns)

Total syns: 12 (22/105)

I love my burgers... really enjoyed dinner last night!

Today:

Breakfast: Bacon barm at work (wholemeal roll)
Lunch: Lasagne (SW recipe)
Dinner: fish & chips (homemade, but the fish is Bird's eye... need to check the syns!)

Snacks: mullerlight

hexb: wholemeal roll

Extra syns: Mayo (1.5 syns), tomato ketchup (2 syns)

Total syns: 3.5 (25.5/105)

Hope you all have an amazing Friday everyone!! :D

Weigh in day today... and to say I've not exactly been sticking to plan much recently (I still can't get my head back in the game properly!) I don't feel like I've over indulged at the weekend or anything, which I did!
Went to watch The Script on Saturday night with my sister, and met up with some others that we knew were going, had a few drinks in Manchester and some food, so none of that was on plan! (Nor the takeaway chicken kebab on the way home!) But yesterday was back on it.

Today:
Breakfast: Mullerlight, pineapple, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries
Lunch: Bologanise (homemade, 12% mince) with Uncle Bens long grain rice (4.5 for the lot)
Dinner: Savoury rice with diced carrot and pepper and some slices toms

Snacks: satsumas

hexb: (forgot to have this today!)

Extra syns: bag of minstrels (10.5)

Total syns: 15 (15/105)

Last edited:
0.5lbs off last night, so I'm happy enough with that after this weekend. Although it's made me realise that I really need to get my head back in it, otherwise it'll take me until I'm 35 to lose anything!! (I'm 28 now lol)
Gave in to a chocolate craving yesetrday and had come Mintrels... have to say I loved them! Problem is I'm now thinking that I'll be able to get away with sneaking in chocolate more again, which I can't. I need to stop eating it completely lol. I've done it loads of time before, so I know I can do it, it's more a case of whether Mr. Willpower will back me up or not!

Today:
Breakfast: Mullerlight, pineapple, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, pomegranate
Lunch: Homemade lasagne (I think around 5/6 syns)
Dinner: Chicken stir fry - rice, chicken, soy sauce, carrot, onion, peppers
Snacks: satsumas, banana, apple

hexb: 2 hifi lights

Extra syns: 2 x Celebrations chocs (5 syns)

Total syns: 11 (26/105)

Last edited:
Someone brought in a huge box of choccies today as we've got officials in work this week... luckily they are at the other side of the room behind some files so they aren't looking at me constantly ;) I only see them when the box in thrust in front of my face, but I only had 2 yesterday so I'm quite chuffed!!:17729:

I've decided that I need to stop trying to save my syns for the weekend, I always struggle too much and end up eating things during the week that I don't actually need to eat and waste syns. So I'm going to see what I'm left with and pick my treats accordingly :)

I also need to get my backside back to the gym :whacky068:... the only problem is that the current gym gear I haev won't fit me comfortably enough for me to go back in. Mght have to make a quick trip to Primani and see what they have to offer! :)

Today:
Breakfast: Mullerlight, banana
Lunch: Homemade chilli & Uncle Ben's long grain rice (1 syn)
Dinner: SW Chicken Korma (free)

Extra syns:

Total syns: 1 (26/105)

Last edited:
If I stand on my tip-toe's, I can just about see the weekend!! :party0011: and looking at my syns for the week, I've done rather well the last couple of days! Might just have to crack open a bottle of something nice this weekend :D I've got a lovely bottle of Southern Comfort just waiting to be opened lol ;)

Today:
Breakfast: Pineapple, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, mullerlight
Lunch: Leftover SW Korma (free)
Dinner: not a clue lol

Extra syns:

Total syns: 0 (26/105)

Back