I will get back to target!

I've been meaning to make a chicken soup for a while so might have a go tomorrow night (too tired today :4635:) but yes, would love the recipe if it's handy, I always appreciate a nice soup!! :) x

This is tonight's tea... Honey glazed pork chops (we use pork loin) with red pepper and stoping onion mash and extra veg :) from the orange EE recipe book

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1423160700.766004.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

oooh tea looks lush!

ok here goes:-

X1 baking potato - but I use small potatoes cut into quaters
X2 carrots, X2 celery, X1 onion, cook in frylight or a small bit of olive oil for 2 minutes, add 600ml veg stock, 500ml passata, x1 tsp of chilli powder (or how much you want) and 25g of red lentils (I just generally chuck them in without weighing them) cook for 15 minutes or until veg and lentils are cooked.
Yum yum!
xxx
If I've got any brocolli or peas in I tend to chuck them in towards the end for a bit of extra veg

It was! One of those things that you forget how much you enjoy because you've not had it in ages :)

Soup sounds lovely, although I don't like celery, so I'll throw in another onion or something to add more veg :) Thanks hun! x

Ok, so I'll try again this week. Feel miles better than I did last week, although after a very long night out on Saturday drinking and not getting home until 4am (oops!) I am a little tired!
I'm holding out little hope for a loss tonight, so I want to try and work to get that off asap!

Todays plan:

Breakfast: Mullerlight & frozen berries
Snack: satsumas
Lunch: Jacket potato with bolognaise and cheese (hexa)
Snack: satsuma
Dinner: Not sure yet, it's taster evening at group, so I'll probably eat there and maybe just grab something to nibble on when I get home

Well I've had a lot of stuff going on over the last week, so I've been all over the place, and haven't stuck to any form of plan really, so I'm trying to get my head back in it today.

Today's plan:

Breakfast: Satsumas, pear
Lunch: Cous cous, mackerel fillets in tomato sauce (free)
Dinner: Chicken paella (1tbsp oil used to cook 4 portions - 2 syns) with green/red/yellow peppers, onion, tinned chopped toms

hexb: 2 x hifi light
hexa: none :(

3 syns on additional hifi light

Total syns: 5 (5/105)

I think I've been overloading on the fruit, and although we all know it's free, there's still sugar in them, so I'm going to reduce how much fruit I'm eating everyday.

Last edited:
So yesterday went well... amended the food diary to include hexb, but I didn't manage to get hexa in :sign0007:

Will make sure I get it in today, even if I end up just nibbling on cheese later! :)

Today's plan:

Breakfast: Mullerlight Mandarin
Lunch: Sausage Casserole from the website - 4 syns for the sausages (plenty of veg included too!)
Dinner: Chicken, SW chips and beans (no veg included, but as the chips were cooking I snacked on a pear and a satsuma)

Snacks: 4 x Satsumas, 1 x Pear

hexa: 30g cheddar cheese

Extra syns: bread roll with dinner - 8 syns, tomato sauce - 2 syns

Total syns: 14 (19/105)

Last edited:
Fringers crossed! I always know I can do it, I just fail with the willpower sometimes! I think part of my problem was I didn't log on here for over a week, and seeing everyone else's ideas/plans gives more incentive to actually do it :)

I've seen a few threads on here that suggest motivation, like the 'almost nude photo' and then compare it a few weeks down the line. Or the piece of string/measurements method... I could do with doing something like that to remind myself why I'm trying to lose the weight!

Fringers crossed! I always know I can do it, I just fail with the willpower sometimes! I think part of my problem was I didn't log on here for over a week, and seeing everyone else's ideas/plans gives more incentive to actually do it :)

I've seen a few threads on here that suggest motivation, like the 'almost nude photo' and then compare it a few weeks down the line. Or the piece of string/measurements method... I could do with doing something like that to remind myself why I'm trying to lose the weight!

My willpower ALWAYS takes a knock and I have to FORCE myself to stick to it! I've found that just by looking at everyone else's diary and pictures etc, gives me the kick up the bum I need to get back on it.
I've got a picture of me and Ian on the fridge (but am too chicken to put it on here) and make Ian put all the naughty stuff at the very back of the cupboard where only he can reach them. I've got a dress that I love but can no longer get into as my motivation and also the mental image of me in a bikini in Cyprus last April - to help me stay on track!

Keep going doll, we can do it together!
xx

Made plans last night to go out on Saturday for tea and a few drinks with some friends... The plan is to try look at the menu online (if possible!!) and see what's available (it's only a little pub near home, so not sure they'll have a website)
Drinks will end up being malibu & diet coke (2.5 syns for 25ml) but we will most likely have a bottle of wine with tea, but that will be shared, so that'll be around 15 syns.
Just need to limit my syns for the rest of the week to make sure I don't go over for the entire week!!

So, today's plan is:

Breakfast: Mullerlight
Lunch: Savoury rice with a carrot, half a green pepper and some chicken
Dinner: Pesto Pasta (2 syns)

Snacks: Banana,

hexa: missed again... Oops!

Extra syns: Kit Kat (11.5 syns), Twister Lolly (2.5 syns)

Total syns: 16 (35/105)

Last edited:
350g linguine (we've used other pasta also, like fusilli so it's a bit easier when warmed up the following day)
350g green beans, chopped (I ususally chop them into thirds so the pieces are manageable)
50g fresh basil, roughly chopped
25g rocket, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
100ml chicken stock
150g fat free fromage frais
50g parmesan, grated

Blitz the rocket and basil leaves, add the garlic and parmesan, blitz again. Then add the stock and fromage frais and blitz again until everything is well blended.
Cook the pasta as per instructions, and add the green beans for the final 3 minutes. Drain, add the pesto sauce to the pasta, mix and serve :)

One of my favourite dishes, it's so quick to do, and it makes enough for four so it'll be lunch one day this week as well!
The actual recipe says it's free on EE, as you use the parmesan as hexa. But because I don't use the full 30g allowance in 1 portion (50g over 4 portions is 12.5g) I count 2 syns for it.

(And I must have made this a lot... Just remembered the entire thing from memory while I'm sat a t work lol!)

350g linguine (we've used other pasta also, like fusilli so it's a bit easier when warmed up the following day)
350g green beans, chopped (I ususally chop them into thirds so the pieces are manageable)
50g fresh basil, roughly chopped
25g rocket, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
100ml chicken stock
150g fat free fromage frais
50g parmesan, grated

Blitz the rocket and basil leaves, add the garlic and parmesan, blitz again. Then add the stock and fromage frais and blitz again until everything is well blended.
Cook the pasta as per instructions, and add the green beans for the final 3 minutes. Drain, add the pesto sauce to the pasta, mix and serve :)

One of my favourite dishes, it's so quick to do, and it makes enough for four so it'll be lunch one day this week as well!
The actual recipe says it's free on EE, as you use the parmesan as hexa. But because I don't use the full 30g allowance in 1 portion (50g over 4 portions is 12.5g) I count 2 syns for it.

(And I must have made this a lot... Just remembered the entire thing from memory while I'm sat a t work lol!)

Sounds good, I will try this one. :)

So I got part way through yesterday morning and felt really shakey and jittery and just assumed I was hungry (it was near lunch time) so I sat and ate my lunch. And I still felt really strange. Decided I needed to go get some fresh air so went out for an hour. That didn't help either. Went back to my desk, drank some more water, and then someone suggested I eat something sugary. Now the only thing that I could find in our little refectory shop was a 4 finger Kit Kat... 11.5 syns, and I've been low on my syns so far this week and hadn't planned to have any through the day so I wasn't too bothered about having it. Especially after I'd eaten it and I stopped feeling so shakey! I'm assuming it was some kind of low blood sugar thing...?

I feel fine today :) so I'm back on track!

Breakfast: Mullerlight
Lunch: Pesto pasta (2 syns)
Dinner: SW Sweet & Sour (free) with boiled rice

Snacks: none

hexa: 30g cheese

Extra syns: Propercorn Sweet & Salty (6 syns)

Total syns: 8 (43/105)

Last edited:
Glad to hear you're feeling better lovely, Why don't you try and have some fruit with your breakfast, the natural sugars in that might help with the shakes and keep your sugar levels up.
xx

If I'm honest, I keep meaning to... but I keep forgetting to grab it on my way out the dorr in the morning! Lol
I'll try remember to put some with my lunch for tomorrow, when I get home tonight.

It doesn't normally happen, it was just really odd yesterday, very strange! x

Back