I Will Make it Happen!

Hi have been on Atkins since last monday. i have done the diet before but fell off the wagon and put it all back plus more!! I find this forum very inspirational , helpful and friendly so hopefully I will manage to succeed this time around.
I have an enormous amount of weight to loose but it will be week by week. I found my health was starting to get affected by my weight so i am now more determined then ever.

I have had a very good week and have stuck to the diet without cheating except for drinking two tins of coke zero every day. Normally I could quite easily have 6 but I dont drink either coffee or tea . This week I have also been drinking at least 2lt water a day.

When I weighed myself this morning I was down 7.4kg! I had to weigh myself three times before I believed it. I am sure it is because i have such a lot to loose and a lot of it is water as I need to go day and night! I know I do loose a lot the first week as previously when I did SW I lost 5.8kg the first week so I was hoping to loose about the same.
Below is my diary of food for the week but from today will try to log it on every day and not all in one go.

Monday
B: Bacon and eggs
L: roast chicken, salad, helmans mayo
D: Black Farmer pork sausages, salad, mayo

Tuesday
B: 2 boiled eggs and left over chicken
L: tuna salad with mayo
D: rump steak, broccoli and green beans

Wed
B: bacon and eggs
L: prawn salad, mayo, 50g stilton cheese
D: black farme chipolata, mushroom and salad

Thursday
B: mattesons pork sausage
L: steak mince with peppers and melted bluevcheese
D: left over steak mince, courgette with parmesan cheese

Friday
B: chicken
L: chargrilled calamari rings from M&S , salad, half advocado, helmans french dressing
D: baked cod, salad, stilton cheese, french dressing
S: mattesons pork sausage

Saturday
B: missed
L: gammon
D: sirloin steak, salad and blue goats cheese

Sunday
B: Pork sausage, scramblec egg, mushrooms and bacon
L: none too full from late breakfast
D: pork rashers, cauliflower and broccoli with cream and cheese made into a sauce, brussel sprouts

sorry about the long post

Last edited:
Hi lindy Lou - don't worry about how much you have to lose, every long journey is comprised of a lot of small steps. Just keep going and you'll get to where you want to be.

Congrats on that amazing loss - your menus look great, keep it up!

Welcome, congratulations and keep it up:)

Thank you all for the welcome and encouragement. I am looking forward to the second week but expecting a small weight loss but would be very happy whatever it is. It's amazing that this is my 9th day and I'm already feeling so much more energetic. I know that I have a problem with wheat intolerance so this diet is perfect.

Monday
B Black farmer sausages x 2
L mattesons smoked pork sausage
D roast chicken, salad, French dressing and 25g grated cheese on top of the salad.
S French saucisson Sec

Today
B. omelette with bacon and cheese
L. Pork rashers and salad
D. Steak mince with nando's garlic sauce plus cheese sauce, courgettes.

I definitely have issues with wheat too. The real revelatory moment comes when you haven't had any for months then try a slice of bread... Ouch!

I'm so silly I know what harm it does to me yet I still eat it....so this time determined to stick to the diet. In 9 days it has also helped my IBS

I think most people have problems with wheat....wind, cramps bloating. I always feel much better without it.

Had a good day carbs wise yesterday but far too many calories as I ate too much protein , so hopefully today I can keep the calories down as not very hungry at the moment.

B. missed never managed to get back to the house in time
L. Lamb chops, mushrooms and olives
D. Rocket salad , avo and blue cheese

How many calories do you consider far too many? Careful you don't end up eating too few! If it was all protein/fat I'm sure you're fine - my days tend to fluctuate between 1400-1800 calories but there are occasional days when I go higher or lower with no problem.

I have been having between 1600 and 2100 but yesterday I had closer to 2500. I cooked all the pork rashers intending to keep half in the fridge but ate them all which really pushed the calories up. It's only since I have been using my fitness pal have I realized how many calories I am having as I check the labels for carbs but haven't been worrying about calories. At least I am aware now so like today I had lamb chops for lunch so tonight will have something lighter.

I haven't been on for awhile, actually can't believe it was six days ago! I had weigh in yesterday for my second week and I stayed the same. I am still very happy with this, also I was sort of expecting it because of the big loss the first week. I am still enjoying being on the diet and looking forward to this my third week as I'm hoping this week to lose at least two lbs of fat and not water like the first week.

I really need to start adding my menus as it gives me incentive to keep trying different menus. I still need to catch up on everyone's diaries. Hope everyone has a good week x

Hi lindy - a stall in the second week is common and nothing to worry about, if you're on plan then as long as your body is in ketosis it's quietly burning fat, and you'll see the results of that soon. If you measure yourself, it's often worth doing that in the weeks when you don't see a loss on the scales.

Well done for keeping on track, and keep going!

Back