The Only Thing That Works

MrsTeacup

Well, that’s me on the long road back to my goal weight.
I lost 100lbs on Dukan, kept it off for years but 3 pregnancies and bereavement took their toll.
I’m feeling positive finally though. Been back on Dukan a fortnight now and feel so comfortable.
Today’s food (PV):
L - mushroom omelette & salad
D - Taco using oatbran pancake
Snack: sf jelly

Tomorrow (PP):
B - oatbran pancake sf maple syrup
L - bacon & eggs, mushrooms
D - Diet Coke chicken

Ahh thanks Mary!
it feels so good even buying the vegetables haha. I enjoyed the food I ate before, I just have to completely accept I am a terrible binger and overeater of carbs.

I've just given up the bad carbs again. Been eating too much rice and chips lately.
Back to the veg and salad with my meals. I can binge eat especially if it is something sweet so I try and not buy any sweet things.... :)

I've just given up the bad carbs again. Been eating too much rice and chips lately.
Back to the veg and salad with my meals. I can binge eat especially if it is something sweet so I try and not buy any sweet things.... :)
I’m the same Mary. Nowadays I have a baking cupboard only, I don’t buy any biscuits/cakes/crisps and that way if teens want it they have to help bake it 😆. I overeat pasta and rice something chronic. It’s daft, I actually feel SO much better low-carb.

Well, I just made macaroni cheese for seven for tonight without being slightly tempted...I’m in the zone which is good as PP days can be hard.
I found my old Diaries from 2011 onwards, nice to reread - I refuse to feel low about the weight gain, yes it is disappointing but life has happened and I have some extra completely unexpected then children so I’m very blessed indeed. I expect weight loss to be much slower this time, a decade older, menopause symptoms starting, plus I’ve had seven kids in total lol. But, any and every pound I lose gets me healthier for them.

Tomorrow’s PV:
B - oatbran pancake
L - Tuna salad
D - Shepard’s pie with celeriac mash topping, broccoli.

Too tired for cooking for me today, so it’ll be Diet Coke chicken leftovers with some extra veg later. I’m going to drink loads today in an attempt to feel ok, headachy and generally meh after a bad night’s sleep.

Hi everyone, I have recently started Dukan diet & I know this sounds gross but I am so constipated, what can I take? Is Dulcolax allowed or any other remedy?

Hi ladies!

I didnt realise there was activity on this group! Ive been coming back to re read my old diary for motivation too! Also did dukan a few years ago... 2010 and had good loss teamed with gym. Hoping to lose again! I started last week, 6 days of attack and a couple of blips along the way! Hope to see more of your progress to inspire and motivate me!

Holland n barrets do this tea called slim mate. I used to use that a lot back in 2010 its a milder version of a laxative. Or a colone cleanser tablet again mild n can b taken daily!

C ya

Hi everyone, hope you are all enjoying the heatwave :) does anyone know if the Marks and Spencer’s 0% fat Greek style rhubarb yoghurt is allowed on Cruise?

On board since I went back to work after 3 months of lockdown here in Michigan. Started attack on June 18th. I put on so much weight during those three months that I gained a ring size and none of my ”button-at-the-waist“ clothes fit. When we went into lockdown, my mentality was “...if I was going to die, I wasn’t going out on a diet! “ Whelp, don’t know how much I gained after cooking every day with butter, flour, sugar, etc, but it was A LOT.

Six weeks later, my rings are back on and I’m back at my ”Golden Ratio”, whereby, when wearing a shirt, my breastline exceeds my stomachline, allowing fabric to drape without catching on my gutular area. Buttons are snug, but I can get them fastened. 😀

I haven’t stepped foot onto a scale, and I don’t intend to. Not a single cheat so far on this go ‘round. I hate it when I stick to the diet and think I’m doing great, then get on the scale only to find that I haven’t lost any, or worse, gained. ☹️ My strategy this time is to just stick with the strict PP/PV until I can slide into my pants without creating muffin-top...

It’s been pretty easy, because I never go out for dinner now, so many temptations and micro-cheats are not present.
Hope everyone here is healthy and remains so! 😘

Planned cheat in the works tonight. Going to bring Middle Eastern carry out to a friend’s house for dinner. PV day today, so I should be relatively diet compliant, but I plan on eating hummus, and a grain or two of rice might slip past my lips. No bread, though! NO BREAD!

Hi everyone, I have recently started Dukan diet & I know this sounds gross but I am so constipated, what can I take? Is Dulcolax allowed or any other remedy?
COFFEE. I gave up coffee 2 months ago. Last week I was terribly uncomfortable due to constipation, almost reached for a laxative, but tried an espresso instead. 15 minutes later... cured!

Hi, i just joined the forum, and am 2 days into Attack.

This seems to be literally the only live thread on Dukan in the whole forum? 🤔 😊

I last did Dukan 9 years to get into my wedding dress but didn't see it through to consolidation. I am in it for the long haul this time, I have around 50lb to lose and keep off. I turn 50 next June and want to be slim!

Perhaps this isnt such a popular diet any more? It does work!

Back