I will win this battle - A Diary ByAllieT

ByAllieT

Well I am on Day 5 of the Cambridge Diet Sole Source. Day 2-3 were literally hell on earth and I will tell you why in a minute.

OK brief synopsis about me, I have just turned 32 and at almos 20 stones I am the heaviest I have ever been. I have three small children and a husband who tries to be supportive but seems to suffer from foot in mouth syndrome.

My major motivator is I damaged my pelvis while pregnant n 2006, 2008 and 2010/11 and I have seperated my tummy muscles. I need a surgical repair but with a bmi of 40 the operation is too risky so I need to lose weight.

I used to smoke 20 a day until 2005 when I gave up, I replaced that habit wth a fizzy juice habit boardering on serious addiction. Day 2 and 3 on CD were awful, caffiene withdrawals kicked in majorly and was hot clammy dizzy thumping headach and then the vomitting started. I actually though I was dying and was inches away from throwing the towel in but I stuck wth it and got through.

I have set my end target as 12stones which I have not been at since 1994 and I was a size 10 then and 13 years old, I personally doubt I could drop that low as an adult but I am keeping an open mind. I think will be happy as a comfortable size 12.

I am a self employed Jewler and feel that I need to be slimmer not only for my health but for my business as I am the 'face' so to speak so I must be nice and neat looking and not fat and frumpy

Good luck Allie. I have been 20st and each time I get to a new stone bracket I drop the target further. Perseverance is the key and you have to give it all up forever. No binges, no blowout days, always sensible and in control. Like an alcoholic would with booze and a smoker with ciggies. The old you is gone and now a sensible healthy eater remains :) the weight loss will be a side effect of your healthy lifestyle.
Look forward to following your progress

Week 1 -9 1/4 lb
Week 2 -4 3/4 lb

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well done on your first wi. I had my first wi yesterday and I'm sure knowing that your losing weight is giving you a boost and is very motivational. Good luck with week 2 and I look forward to tracking your journey

Thank you . Im having a bad day, feeling peckish... im not actually hungry i just want to gorge on junk food. :( so sad.. I have been 100% SS though so I am staying strong but I hadn't realised it would be this hard after first week

Stick with it it does get easier Hun, just think of the pluses at the end of the diet.
It's never too early to go to bed ;p

Back