i_dream_slim's dukan diary!!

ok...well im perfecting a bottom layer as we speak...im trying to make some kind of oatbran crumble type layer...has anyone ever made a 'biscuit' base with oatbran-this will make this into a real low fat cheesecake...the recipe as it stands is from the coaching site and is for a cheesecake topping...ive gotta say...it tastes like a low fat cheesecake topping as should be expected...if it had a biscuit bottom it would be blooming perfect. Okay..ill paste recipe now...

Meanwhile:

B= Hard boiled egg and couple of slices of wafer thin low fat/low salt ham-1% fat

...and i dunno from there...im going into town at lunchtime...will pick stuff up and have a shop coming tomorrow...its a strange one i used to have to need to know where my next meal was coming from but...im not hungry...realy...TOTM started yesterday so im shocked that ive managed to lose weight this week as histroically i retain water dreadfully before...scales this morning after 4 days of attack so far so 7lbs loss and counting...

xx

Ingredients

500g Fat Free Normandy Fromage Frais
6 tbsp. Splenda Granulated Sweetener
1 tbsp Vanilla Essence
6 Gelatine Leaves
70ml boiling water

Soak the gelatine in a bowl of cold water to
soften. Squeeze out any excess water and place them in a saucepan
of boiling water together with 3 tbsp. of the Splenda. In a
separate bowl, mix the Fromage Frais with the remaining 3 tbsp. of
Splenda.
Add the Vanilla essence and the dissolved Gelatine. Pour
the mixture into a suitable mold and refrigerate for 12 hours of
overnight.

...anybody know of a biscuit base mix then...if so post so that we can all make a proper dukan cheesecake!!

Gonna post this in the rec. page and a couple of other ones ive just found for sweet treats, xx

Hehe...thats ok...posting some more sweet rec's off the site for people now, xx

Thanks so much for spending the time to post those recipes, IDS. I asked on one of them if you could ask on the official chat about the protein powder (which brand he recommends, and where to find it in the UK). I fear it's a "translation" from the French recipe, which recommends Protifar which we can only buy online from Belgium (89% protein, less than 1g carb for 100ml).

The only thing I'd say ref these sort of desserts with tolerated foods in them (therefore NOT OK FOR ATTACK) is be CAREFUL when you start out not to get too used to them, as they're usually very heavy on egg (yolks) and dairy... and if they become too much of a habit, they can cause you problems later. Great to try, and file away for a desperate moment though.

For a pastry base, I've used a galette... flattened as thin as possible and baked in the oven on a parchment paper.

For biscuit base, I guess the best would be oatbran

I googled and found this:

Pour le biscuit :
  • 2 tablespoons oatbran
  • 1 tablespoon wheatbran
  • 2 tablespoons powdered skimmed milk
  • 1 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon low fat unsweetened cocoa (tolerated)
  • 1 tablespoon sweetener
  • preheat your oven to 180°C.
  • Mix the biscuit ingredients together. Spread the paste on a baking tray covered with parchment paper
  • 10 mins in the oven.
  • Some lovely photos too here
  • Cheesecake Dukan - Mes recettes du régime Dukan

~I have been eating quark for a snack in the evening with sweetener and a little vanilla and it tastes remarkably like a NY cheesecake. Yum.

Perhaps a batch or two of anja's breakfast biscuits baked till they're really dry, then blitzed in the food processor would work. Could then use egg whites to come and press into base of tin?

Emma that sounds like a plan...rest of days menu:

L=Chicken leg, Cottage cheese, smoked salmon

S=Smoked mackeral. Vanilla muller light and 1/2 sugar free jelly pot.

D= Steak and king prawns. Im making oatbran biscuit things for after dinner...will post how i get on! x

Sounds nice, need to try the biscuits, I have been loving the muffins as I can make them in a few mins and cook them while I get ready and snack on them whilst out and about :)

Whats your muffin rec. Susie?? The biscuits ended up more like pancake biscuits...so i think ive accidently perfected the galette in the oven...but mine had sweetener and a tiny squeeze of lemon/couple of drops of natural vanilla extract...realy good! Bit of a hit and miss rec. though so will have to perfect and post. xx

Just put your cheesecake recipe in the fridge, missed one of the gelatine leaves by accident so hoping it'll still set ok. Made 4 ramekins, so might test it out at lunch tomorrow :)

Emma let me know what you think...personally i dont think its 'cheese' cakey enough for me...so ive ordered uber amounts of quark from asda for tomorrow as im gonna try making it with that!! x

Should be end of attack for me today but as mum and i are doing the diet together and she went into cruise today im delaying my cruise for another day so that we are both on PV day sunday!! (Just in time for roast beef and some veg-hurrah!)...shouldnt realy effect much either way and im not having any negative thoughts about being on attack for another day so figure it'll be fine. I see mum a lot and eat with her and it would be a nightmare to not both be able to eat veg on the same days!! Got in lots of meat and fish for tomorrow incase i have a meltdown but should be fine. Enjoying experimenting with oatbran at the mo. I like cooking so its important for me to be able to create stuf with whats on offer. Im hoping i can perfect the dukan cheesecake over the next couple of days!!

B= Cinammon oatbran porridge-already a firm fave

Walk out to post office again!!

S=10 large prawns

L=Chicken breast slice + 2 small mackeral slices + cottage cheese

S= sugar free jelly and a couple of spoons fat free yog

D=Home made burgers-gonna see how these go as made them earlier in the week with oatbran but dont need to do that today-definately needed more seasoning before so gonna work on that!

I have also made chicken liver pate today...will post how that tastes when i have a scoop!! xx

Weighed again this morning at end of attack and total amount lost on attack is 9lbs...tomorrow will be my weight in day for week 1-interesting to see what happens after my first PV day...

B=Mushroom ommlette + spoon of tinned tomatoes

S=Sugar free jelly and plain yog

L=Roast beef + mixed veg + tiny bit of dijon mustard on the side
Will think of something to do with oatbran for after lunch??

D=2 homemade burgers made yest + salad

Last edited:
My muffins are just the one from the recipe thread, I add a few drops of vanilla and almond essence and pretend they are bakewell tarts lol

Well done on you loss, hope you enjoyed your lunch today :)

Week 1 complete and 9lbs loss!

Dukan porridge for brekkie for me...off shopping so will report back later, x

Back