Ibuprofen

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by cah-ching, 2 January 2007 Social URL.

1. cah-ching

cah-ching Gold Member

I need to take a pain killer for my jaw as it's very painful and I can't speak very much.

Is it OK to take on Cambridge?

Thanks in advance

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Ajax

Ajax Finally...Life begins

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hmmm Never really thought about it as they are sugar coated? I have taken them during doing CD and it didn't affect me but I hope someone can answer officially for you. I know paracetamol is ok, but not 100% sure. I would have thought as long as you were not taking them every few hours for days and days that it shouldn't be a problem. Intrigued to know the answer tho! :)
    Hope you are feeling better soon. xx

4. shellyamber

shellyamber Full Member

Diet:
    meal replacement
    Hi Sorry your in so much pain. I think it will be ok to take some pain killers after a shake. Have you tried to fill a hot water bottle up with hot water and place it on your jaw with a towel on it so it wont burn your face? Hope that you feeling bettter soon..xx

5. Diva

Diva Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Painkillers, including ibuprofen, are fine to take on CD and shouldn't knock you out of ketosis.

Hope you're soon feeling better, hun...

Last edited: 2 January 2007
  6. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    Yep just about to post the same, but Diva beat me to it - you're fine to take Ibuprofen, just get rid of the awful pain ASAP.

Hope you're feeling better soon

7. Ajax

Ajax Finally...Life begins

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Ah glad to hear that - I hope you are feeling better soon. If I didn't have pain killers at the TOTM AND no food I am sure I would have killed someone by now. :)

8. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    LOL :D

9. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

How you feeling now Cah-ching? Hope the pain is under control.

10. cah-ching

cah-ching Gold Member

Pain is not bad. Only hurts when I speak.

I haven't taken them yet as I hadn't checked this thread. Mine are prescription - so stronger than normal. I'll taken one when get home as I don't want to have anything else now, or I'll be bound to wet myself on the drive home.

Thanks all.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.