ican's journey to freedom

I have to agree with you on the VLCD front, although I do realise there are people that get on well with them and if it suits them, fine.

I personally could never do a VLCD, I would be totally miserable and even though the results are quick, they wouldn't be quick enough for me to go without food!

Good luck for WI tomorrow :)

Thank you all. So glad I haven't offended anyone as that wasn't my intention at all. Will update later this evening after weigh in z

Week 3, Day 7- Must not be so hard on myself!

Today started out with good intention (honestly) I had a good breakfast and was planning on 2K on the treadmill, this is where it went down hill. My lovely hubby let me have a lie in (he is a stay at home dad and I am currently on maternity leave) so me and baby J didn't get up until 9:45am, hubby popped out to get some eggs for breakfast while I sorted the girls. Breakfast was served late and as I had a meeting at 12 that lasted until 2 I skipped lunch. I made a lovely cottage pie for dinner but by the time it was done I had to leave for group!! Crazy, unplanned day!

I will start by saying that any loss is amazing. I know this, my heart knows this but my head is lagging behind in the logic department! With 2 big losses behind me (8lb and 4.5lb) I was hoping for around 3-4lb this week. After weigh in I sat and had a chat with my friend and looked at why I hadn't done as well as I had wanted. For starters no water passed my lips this week but plenty of pepsi max did. I really slacked on my fruit and veg too. My meals mainly consisted of chips and although they were free they are no replacement for veg. I also skipped breakfast and lunch a few times. All of this I am going to work on this week.

Drum roll please..........
1374779838555.jpg
1374779859498.jpg

I lost 2.5lb which got me my 1 stone award and I also got my bronze body magic award which really gave me a boost. I have lost 15lb in total and now only have 6lb to my next award.

Tomorrow is going to present my first real challenge, we are off to a family BBQ. I have been asured that there will be plenty of salad and meat for me to enjoy. I plan to use my syns on a sausage, bread roll and a glass of pimms. I WILL stay in control. I am going to have a good breakfast and have cottage pie left over for dinner so it won't be a total days loss. Luckily there is plenty of fruit salad for dessert too.

The usuals-
Breakfast- 1 slice of bread, scrambled egg and bacon

Lunch- oops!

Dinner- Cottage pie with broccoli (2 syns due to butter and gravy)

snacks- Cherries and grapes

Syns- butter and gravy (2)
Half a hifi bar, shared with my daughter but wondering if I should use this as the second bit of my HEXB as I only had one slice of bread?

Targets this week-
(1) Drink more water
(2) Eat more vegetables
(3) Find something other than chips to enjoy
(4) Work towards my silver body magic award

and most importantly (5) DON'T BE SO HARD ON MYSELF

Hi

Popping by to say hello, and how well you are doing. I am a serial dieter, always after the quick fix and trying to make myself realise that if i'd gone for the slow route i would have got there by now as the quick fixes never work! have done sw before but think i need to go back to group so will start this week. good luck and will speak soon x

Well done on the loss! 1st in 3 weeks is great esp with a small baby in the house! I was putting weight on at that rate when mine were that small. I agree with the water it makes a big difference. I had a good loss last week for the first time in a while and think it was partly down to that esp in this heat.

Scan bran is good too lol.

Well done on both of your awards, you're doing great!

Week 4, Day 2- Urgh....Zero will power!

Yesterday started out with good intentions. We had been invited to a family BBQ and I was using flexi syns to enjoy it. I had planned on using my syns on 2 (1/2 syn) sausages, a bread roll and a glass of pimms. 4 bread rolls later and 4 jugs of pimms followed by a few bottles of bulmers, I was a little tipsy. At first I was really good but a few drinks later I THOUGHT I was hungry but it was definitely the alcohol talking rubbish! We are generally not big drinkers at all. It's once in a blue moon for us as with 3 daughters we would much prefer to spend time with them. So yesterday definitely was a one off. I really did enjoy myself though, it was lovely to let my hair down. I jumped on the scales this morning and it seems limited damage has been done (thank goodness) Straight back to sw today though. Hubby is going to make a sw breakfast for me to soak up any remaining alcohol in my system :D

I love slimming world and tell everyone I can about it and how amazing I feel (don't feel so amazing this morning and can definitely feel the difference after shoving a load of junk down my neck.

Anyway, the picture on the left was my start weight and on the right I am 15lb down, can you tell?
1374903748584.jpg

Week 4, Day 2 - Torture!

I have been wondering what to blog about today as not alot has happened. I got up fairly early with my munchkins and had breakfast, popped to town to treat them, home, lunch, treadmill, chilled for a bit and did dinner. In between this I consoled a terribly upset 23 month old who wouldn't tell me what was wrong!!

The title of today's blog is torture....don't worry I am not getting all heavy and political on you. I mean food and exercise torture. I have already posted about having to give myself a break sometimes but today wasn't one of them. I totally punished myself on the treadmill to try and compensate for last night's food and drink binge. I gave myself a beasting that my Army Sargent farther in law would have been proud of!! I knocked 3 minutes off my usual time, which may not seem much but it's a huge achievement for me. I have been nursing a hang over for most of today and really needed to push myself to exercise, I am glad I did. I felt bloody awesome afterwards. Exercise is addictive!!

Food torture- I cannot be the only person that sees an advert for something and then decides to visit the website? For me it is chocolate websites or in particular very expensive, very beautiful hand crafted bespoke chocolates! I sit and gaze lovingly and longingly at these stunning creations, I imagibe the smell, taste and feel of them, imagining how I would saver the moment if I could get my hands on them. When in reality I know I would scoff them down and barely taste the god dam expensive, luscious things. I also have a habit of watching cakey programmes. Ace of cakes, DC cupcakes, amazing wedding cakes and choccywoccydoodah are all recorded ready for me to watch at the touch of a button. I love chocolate and I love cake but I love chocolate cake even more (chocolate fudge cake to be exact) well I am purely torturing myself just writing this and fighting the temptation to reach for a rocky road hifi bar (only because I want it with a cuppa later!)

Ahh the joys of a healthy lifestyle! It's taken me 25 years to find my willpower, to want to lose weight and trust me, if I can do it, you can too x

The usuals-
Breakfast - A cherry muller yogurt, banana, Hifi bar.

Lunch - Cottage pie followed by a vanilla sprinkled with dark choc muller light (I wasn't impressed with it)

Dinner- Chicken salad with sw chips

Syns -
butter and gravy (in cottage pie) (2)
2 flumps (3)

Week 4, Day 3- Music and exercise are powerful!!

I have finally discovered the power of music and exercise, not only on losing weight but on my emotional and mental state too. My treadmill is in my kitchen which is directly next to my front room. I use it while listening to the kids or the tv, I get a choice of what I would like to listen to, namely Peppa Pig, Mr Tumble or In the night garden!!! As hubby was home today I put in my headphones and listened to some uplifting music while I walked. Using music to create my own little bubble, it took my mind off what I was doing and I actually managed 10 minutes longer than usual and felt on top of the world. The same happened yesterday, I was feeling sorry for myself with a hangover but the moment I finished exercising I felt amazing. It's like a natural anti-depressant. I have waited a long time to feel good after exercise but now I do and I am fighting the urge to jump back on the treadmill (only because the kids are sleeping). I can't wait for tomorrow!!

Not a lot to write today (Bet you are pleased!!) so on to the usuals-

Breakfast- Bacon sandwich and Muller yogurt

Lunch- Chicken salad (I know, I eat this A LOT, it's my favorite)

Dinner- Pizza bread, Banana and hifi bar

HEXA- Cheese
HEXB- 2 slices of bread

Syns- Butter (2), 2x bread (6), Hihi bar (3)
total- 11

Week 4, Day 5- Exercise was hard!!

Yesterday I spent my first day alone with my 2 small children (nearly 2 and 8 weeks old) my husband had taken his grandparents home (an 11 hour round trip). It wasn't actually as bad as I thought it was going to be. I managed to scrub my kitchen from top to bottom, wash up, do laundry, play with the girls, even make a roast dinner for when he got home! I think he needs to go away more often :D

:superwoman: <<< This was me yesterday :rotflmao:

I didn't manage to find time to go on the treadmill yesterday which really threw me off kilter today. I had to really push myself to complete my 40 minutes. I did it, even though I wasn't in the mood and for that I am really proud.
The last few days all I have thought about is chocolate :sigh: so I decided to attempt a chocolate log. The first one went in the bit as I burnt it :sign0007: then the second one seemed to be doing well, it cooked lovely and cooled quickly. The problem started when I tried to remove the baking paper from the cake, now as a bit of a dab hand at cake making (Never burnt one before today) the removal of baking paper is the easy part and still now I have no idea why it wouldn't come off, anyway it ended up ripping the cake to bits and up in the bin.

Tomorrow I am attempting ferrero rocher made with scan bran. These involve no baking so I should be pretty safe! Will let you know how it goes. I also have home made, 0 syn ice cream in the freezer, I was hoping to have some before I went to bed but alas it is not ment to be so I will try it tomorrow.

Hope you have all had a good day
:heartpump:

Re: Thursday Weighers

Thank you. it is hard but I have a very supportive husband. It was indeed a sw recipe. I got it from the website, I just couldn't get it to bloody work right at all! No idea where it was going wrong. Red velvet is lovely, is it a sw recipe? x

Week 5, Day 2/3

It's been a few days since I have updated. My weigh in was on Thursday and I lost 2lb. I will be honest and say I was a little gutted but I am slowly getting over it now. I would have liked just half a pound more. Our consultant asked the class if they would have been happy with a 2lb loss after what I ate and drank on Friday at a family BBQ. (4 jugs of pimms, some bulmers, 3 bread rolls, 3 steaks, 1 belly pork and 2 sausages) and the whole class said they would be ecstatic with that loss. They are right, I know they are. I just felt a little down as my losses are getting less each week (as you can see from my sig) so this week will tell me if I am doing something wrong or not, If I lose 2lb this week I will be very happy.

I don't know what has happened to me recently but I seem to be having a total life overhaul. I am slowly sorting out a mountain of debts that have followed me around for the last 10 years, I am losing weight, I have just enrolled to start a uni course in February and today I quit smoking after 15 years. I have been smoke free for 7 hours 15 minutes (not that I am counting lol) and I feel good, really good.
Anyway thats all from me for now, its 12:31am and I should be in bed sleeping.

Night all x

Week 5, Day 1- Green day

Yesterday was my weigh in and I lost 2.5lb, I was so happy as my losses had been getting less each week. I now only have 1.5lb to lose to get my 1.5 stone award!!
I have stuck to extra easy since I started but have decided this week to throw in a few red and green days to see how they go. I am also doing success express for today just to see what it is like (so far so good). I have sat and written meal plans for the next few days and today is my first green day. I am hoping to lose a lite more next week although my monthlys are due so we will see. My food today has/will consist of

Breakfast- Banana, 3 small satsumas and cherries

lunch- 115g chicken hexb
lettuce, red cabbage, carrots, tomatoes and 2 hard boiled eggs

Dinner- special fried rice (1)
150g fish- hexB
salad

snacks
1x slice of bread (3)
2x bacon (4)
60g Cheddar cheese (hexa x2)
hifi bar (3)
Total- 11 syns

I really hope I have done this right!! So far I like the structure that red and green days are giving me. I plan what to eat and stick to it. Will update tomorrow with my meal plan :)

Back