ican's journey to freedom

Week 6, day 2- My mistake!

Yesterday's update stated it was week 5 when in fact it is week 6. I cannot believe how fast the last few weeks have gone. Today was supposed to be a red day but an impromptu picnic threw me off and it is now an EE day. My heart wasn't in it today after my toddler not settling until 3am I am exhausted! I was good and stuck to plan at our picnic :D very proud of myself. Here is a picture of my weight loss so far, I have already posted in inspirational photos but wanted to share here too. 19.5lb gone forever :D

1376152507941.jpg

The usuals
Breakfast- Banana

lunch- Chicken sandwich (hexb), yogurt, treat size crunchie (4) flump (1.5), Hifi bar (3) cherries and grapes

Dinner- gammon, egg, chips and beas with a side salad

Snacks
Mug shot
Hifi bar (3)
total syns- 11.5 syns

Week 6, Day 5- Falling out with the scales!

It's been an up and down sort of week. My emotions are running wild at the moment. My period is due this week but has decided to tease me for a few days with an extra measure of PMT. My poor husband is stepping on egg shells!

Yesterday morning I jumped on the scales (as I do every morning) and they said I had put 2lb on :confused: I was so miffed and spent the whole day in a strop. I also had to find an outfit for my birthday celebrations in a few weeks but after scale-gate I couldn't be bothered! I know what you are going to say, I need to ditch the scales and I will one day but for now (most of the time) they keep me motivated. When I got on them this morning they said I had lost 1/4lb from last weigh in so I really am not holding out hope for my 1.5 stone award this week :(

Today I decided to head into town to find an outfit. I had put a few items in my amazon basket just in case which also included a plus size belt at £13!!!!! I really didn't want to spend that much on a belt but couldn't see another option. Until I headed in to peacocks and spotted one I loved, I hesitated about it and kept going back to pick it up. I took it off to anquiet corner of the store where no one would see me fail to get it around myself. To my complete surprise it fitted, not just nearly fitted but actually fit, I could do it up to the 4th hole!! I was so happy and it only cost me £4!! I headed off to Evans and said to my sister I couldn't wait to not have to shop there anymore. I scoured the rails for something to wear, I had promised myself that I would try something new so picked up a cream silk like shirt with black spots. I headed to the changing room along with my new belt to try it on. This is the result. What do you think?

1376423812231.jpg

I have learned a very valuable lesson today. I must take time to eat. I have been rushed off my feet all day and up until I had my dinner at 7pm all I had was a banana!! I felt quite poorly. Dinner was very tasty though. I made smash chicken (recipe below) with syn free chips and salad and mayo. It was so yummy and the smash chicken is definitely going to be a regular on our meal plan. I love experimenting with food and this was one of the better out comes.

Smah chicken- serves 2-4 depending on portion sizes.

1 cup of Smash (or any potato powder)
1 teaspoon of curry powder
1 teaspoon of parsley
1 table spoon of mixed herbs
2 eggs
2 chicken breasts
frylight
Lighter than light mayo

Mix the smash, curry powder, parsley and mixed herbs together and spread onto a plate (you can add extra herbs and spices to your liking)

Cut chicken into strips and beat the eggs in a bowl. Dip the chicken into the egg and roll in the smash mix. Place on a baking tray sprayed with frylight pop in the oven for 10-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with syn free chips and salad.

1/2 a syn per a table spoon of mayo.

The usuals-

Breakfast- :eek:
Lunch- :eek:
Dinner- as above

snacks- Banana, mug shot, muller yogurt and white milky buttons (4 syns)

Total- 4 syns

Hi ican, I've just read through your entire diary and want to say a huge congrats on how well you're doing! I've also got lots to lose and sometimes it can seem like a never ending road in front of me, but just seeing how well you've done in 6 weeks is inspirational. You can definitely see the difference in your pics and your new outfit looks lovely!

Hey CT, How long have you been doing the plan? I absolutely love slimming world and want to shout it from the roof tops. I really struggle to see myself as an inspiration but thank you. I also need to learn to take compliments! I still have a long way to go but I will get there. Do you have a diary on here? x

Hey CT, How long have you been doing the plan? I absolutely love slimming world and want to shout it from the roof tops. I really struggle to see myself as an inspiration but thank you. I also need to learn to take compliments! I still have a long way to go but I will get there. Do you have a diary on here? x

I've just finished my first week yesterday and lost 3lbs, a nice steady start but I guess in my heart of hearts I was hoping for a bigger number. Still I'm feeling really motivated about the plan and enjoying SW loads so far! I feel like with all the support on here and in group I'm going to do it this time!

Ooh and yes I do have a diary on here - From here to inskinity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone! - would be great if we could cheer each other along being as we have similar amounts to lose.

Hope you're having a good day!

Week 7, Day 1- Motivation....

It's been a few days since my last update. In all honesty I haven't been feeling fantastic. It's supposed to be my time of the month but as usual it is still teasing me with terrible PMT. I had stuck to plan all last week, was within my syns but for some reason only lost 1.5lb at weigh in last night BUT I did get my 1 1/2 stone award!! I was really happy with that but disappointed with a low loss. I am looking at it in a positive way, I have lost 21lb in 6 weeks! It seemed like a week for low losses in my group, nearly everyone had only lost 1-1.5lb. Hopefully next week will be better. I am implementing some new rules for myself this week.

1. Reducing my syns- Since starting slimming world I have quite happily used all 15 syns a day and if I don't I feel a little cheated. I have no figured out that I don't actually NEED 15 syns a day! So I am planning to reduce them to 10 for this week to see if it gives me a boost.

2. More exercise- The first few weeks I was brilliant at exercise, I really got into it. The last 2 weeks I have really let slip. So this week I am planning at least 3 40 minute sessions on the treadmill

3. Eating only when hungry- I have a terrible habit of eating for the sake of it. Every evening I will sit down with a mug shot/sandwich etc along with some chocolate and munch away. I am never hungry, its just because I want it. I am going to learn this week to only eat when I feel the hunger pangs coming on and to stop when I am satisfied, this is difficult for me because I am so used to stuffing my face that I am never sure when I am full. I also need to learn that is it perfectly ok to leave food on my plate. It isn't going to kill me if I don't ear ALL the giant plate of spag bol even if it is syn free!

4. Portion sizes- Slimming world is fantastic in that you really can eat as much as you like.....until you are satisfied, this goes hand in hand with the above post. As I don't actually know when I am satisfied I find it hard to stop eating so I am going to reduce my portion sizes to see if this helps.

5. Weekly blow outs- I normally have a blow out once a week, after weigh in. Last night that consisted of a small mixed doner kebab with garlic sauce, chips, 3 bottles of bulmers (16 syns each) and 3 treat size chocolates (4 syns each). There just was no need for it. So I am going back to having a treat once a month from now on.

6. Water- I MUST drink more water. I even downloaded an app to my phone that reminds me to drink. A little alarm goes off to the sound of trickling water but I deleted it as it kept making me want to pee when I heard it!! So I really have to find another way. PUT DOWN THE PEPSI MAX

I have a few challenges over the next few weeks. My daughters birthday is this week and we are throwing a party. I don't plan to have a major blow out at all and hoping I can save some syns up to enjoy a few nibbles. I am going to make myself some sandwiches with my HEX-B bread and a fruit salad, also going to save a hifi bar so that I can then enjoy some of her lovely cake. Next weekend we are off to an adventure farm for the day with family and friends who are unable to celebrate our daughters birthday in the week. I am going to eat while there but do my best to make good food choices I CAN DO THIS. Then it is my anniversary and we normally go out for a slap up meal but I am considering doing it at home and cooking for my hubby this year. Next month is my birthday and we have arranged a night out, this is going to be my treat for September and I am really looking forward to it.

So, with these new rules in place I am hoping for a bigger loss next week, in fact, I am hoping for slimmer of the week (keep everything crossed for me) I am so glad I found slimming world, it has changed my life in so many ways. Not only have I lost weight but I have become more confident, I have had a hair cut and started wearing make up again. My group has become my second family and I am so proud of all of them.

The usual's-

Breakfast- Skipped AGAIN- may need to add this to my new rules if I don't change this week!!

Lunch- On the run so had a wholemeal roll with chicken and butter (1.5 syns) followed by a Hifi bar (HEX-B)

Dinner- Syn free spag bol followed by hifi bar (HEX-B)

No HEX-A AGAIN today.....another rule maybe?
Total syns- 4.5

21lbs in 6 weeks is fantastic! Good luck with tweaking your plan this week. From time to time we all need to go back to basics! I'm having a week without any treat days this week, went out for a slap up meal on my birthday last week and after I just thought, "I wish i'd had a salad"! xx

Week 8, Day 2- I am still alive....

I know I have totally slacked in keeping my diary up to date and haven't updated for 2 weeks. The reason being that last week I maintained and it really knocked me. A lot more than I thought it would be. I had my daughters party the day before weigh in and I thought I had done ok but obviously not. This week however I lost 4lb!! BUT.....I have 2 weeks of gatherings and special occasions. The last 3 days I have been terrible. Thursday (weigh in day) was my 4 year wedding anniversary, I came home ate a take away, 2 bottles of wine and 2 chocolate eclairs =( Yesterday I went out for lunch with my mother in law and although I chose a healthy lunch, jacket potato with beans and salad I followed it with a small tub of caramel crunch ice cream. To be honest it was a choice between that of a slab of warm homemade chocolate fudge cake....I think I chose the better option. Today we spent the day at an adventure farm with family as late birthday present to my daughter. I didn't, on this occasion choose to eat wisely, I had 4 (yes bloody 4) sausages, chips and beans for lunch, I mean seriously, who eats 4 sausages in one sitting? I also had full fat coke as the diet one had gone flat. Then I had a toffee fudge ice cream followed by a take away when I got home. (I did avoid the mini doughnuts with chocolate dipping sauce though)/ I 100% deserve to put on this week. I am kicking myself now.

There really was no need for me to eat that amount of food today, or over the last 3 days to be fair. I now have 5 days to work some of it off and pray that I maintain. Next weekend is my birthday and I was supposed to be having a night out for it but I have now decided against it. My husband and I are going to spend the day before b-day together with no children and go out for a (healthy) meal and maybe the cinema. I am happy with that. So, I fully expect to put on next week and totally deserve it. I can however see where I went wrong and how I can over come that if it happens again. Hopefully I can get straight back on track and forget this weekend food wise.

P.S- I LOVE ICE-CREAM. The caramel crunch and toffee fudge were outstanding!

Ican, you know what the amazing thing was? That after a week like that you had the courage to admit where you went wrong and come back to your diary and SW! Anyone can stick to a diet when there's nothing planned to get in the way, but only the really dedicated people come back after falling off the wagon. I've done it so many times in the past, had a bad few days and thought "sod it" and gone back to my old ways. And you haven't, so that really shows how much you want this! Yeah, ok, you might have a gain this week, but in 3 months time you'll have forgotten all about that and just be glad you picked yourself up and came back.

In 8 weeks you've almost lost 2 stone!! How incredible is that? I look at how awesome you've done and I think "I hope that's me in 5 more weeks", I really do! We all struggle with our food demons some days, or else we'd be a size 10 and have no need for SW in the first place. So to just think those foody issues are all going to have gone away because we've committed to a diet is madness. I'm sure I'll have times when I fall off for a few days too, everyone does. Life these days just isn't diet friendly, parties/birthdays/holidays etc all test our resolve and make us feel crap about our choices, but getting back on plan after these events really separates the people who are going to get to target and those who wont. And you're back! So stop beating yourself up about things, give yourself a pat on the back and concentrate on the days you can control rather than worrying about the celebrations. You only have a birthday once a year so enjoy it! :) Xx

hey hun just popping in to check up on you. Hope everything is ok x

Hey CT. Its been a terrible week. I know for sure I am putting on. I haven't been on plan at all. My weekend birthday celebrations really threw me off. I am mad at myself because I am so passionate about SW. I am doing my best to draw a line under this week though. I have a hen night this Saturday but have decided not to drink and then I am doing success express from Sunday onwards In a hope to smash the 2 stone barrier. How are things with you? x

Well you're allowed to have a day off on your birthday hun so don't beat yourself up too much. You should be so proud of yourself, I hope you get to the 2 stone mark, that'll give you some real motivation! You're so close to being under the 20's too, imagine how good it'll feel to be in the 19's! I seriously can't wait to have a 1 infront of my weight instead of a 2, still feels like a long way off at the minute but i'll get there!

I'm not bad thanks, a bit miffed this week as I did loads of exercise and stuck to plan but only lost 0.5lbs! Even more determined this week to shift at least 1.5lbs and get my first slimming world stone under my belt!

Have a good one hun and enjoy the hen night! xx

Week something....day 2. Naughty Naughty.

It has been a while since I posted. Last week was my first gain, 1/2lb....I fully deserved more but so glad it wasn't. My birthday celebrations really threw me off and I let it ruin my week. I have been pretty down about it but can see where I went wrong and I am back with a vengeance this week. Some amazing positive things have happened this week. I ordered some jeans as mine were too big, I had to send them all back as they were also too big :D I walked into peacocks last week and thought what the hell, lets see if anything fits. I normally only shop in Evans but you need a loan to do it regularly. Anyway, I picked up some tops in their biggest size, at the start of my journey my top half was a 24-26 maybe more and I had size 26-28 jeans. All of those tops were a size 22 and all of them fitted. I was so happy! I stayed away from the jeans though as I didn't want to be disappointed. When the ones I had ordered arrived in a size 24 and they were also a little too big I headed to tesco, picked a pair of size 22 jeans, held them up and thought no way am I getting my behind in those but tried them anyway. THEY FITTED!! not, only just fit, they did up easily and were comfortable. I did a little dance in the changing room :D

I still need to lose a bit on top to get into non stretchy size 22 tops but I am getting there. This gave me such a huge boost. My confidence is growing every week and my husband loves the new me ;) I have a long way to go but have come so far. I am proud and that 1/2lb can stick it. I am getting my 2 stone award this week :D

Hi
well done on your losses so far..excellent! and way to go on fitting in the size 22's...always a boost when you can fit into smaller clothes!
Just read through all you diary and i can so relate to some of your posts, and it also made me giggle on your bbq and watching chocolate/cake programmes :)
Keep at it, you will get to your goal!
I'm going to start a diary soon i think, will be doing SW on my own as such ,cant seem to finish work on time to get to a class.
started off the past week ok, but things went out the window , so back to it tomorrow/monday with a vengeance, and some will power to keep at it.

Oh hun I'm so happy for you, that's fab news! I've just started fitting into smaller clothes too and it's an amazing feeling, so encouraging and really spurred me on! Good luck getting your stone award this week, I'm sure you'll smash it. I've got 1.5lbs to go for my stone award and I'm determined to do it this week too!

Have a great week x

posted in the wrong place

Last edited:
I promise to find time to come and do a proper update! With 3 children and a husband working 45 hours a week its a little difficult. This weeks weigh in was a lot more positive. I lost 3lb which gives me a total of 2st 1/2lb total in 11 weeks. I also got my 2 stone award :-D I only have 2.5lb to go to get my club 10 too!
I have a night out tomorrow but I am not going to let it ruin my week. I would love to get into the next stone bracket next week but only time will tell!! I am off clothes shopping today, something I am starting to enjoy again, since being able to fit into what I see as a more acceptable size. 11 weeks ago I was a size 26-28 and now a size 22. How amazing is that? 3 dress sizes in 11 weeks. I feel bloody fantastic

Wow, 3 dress sizes is incredible!! I bet you look and feel fabulous on your night out! :) x

Back