"Icecream" Choc Tetra?

Foo Fan

Gold Member
I've put a choc tetra in the freezer to try as a choc icecream tomorrow - was just wondering has anyone else done this?

Is is nice - or a waist of a shake?

Do I have it straight from the freezer or leave it out for a bit?

I did the same to a Strawberry one the other night for the first time. I'm not a big Tetra lover, I think they are too bitter and I didn't enjoy it. I took it straight out of the freezer and tried it but I think it would be better to take it out for about 15 minutes beforehand. Give it a try - what's one person's taste may not be the others, you might like it.

Its yum yum yum yum! Don't leave it too long tho or it melts and tastes just like, well...a tetra!
Don't like tetras but love tetra icecream lol!

It'll be rock hard if you try to eat it straight out of the freezer (spoon-bending stuff, though it does slow you down!). You need to leave it out for 15-20 minutes first.

But I agree, chocolate ones are yummy. I don't like the strawberry one much anyway - I was really hoping it would be nice as ice cream, but it was a bit disappointing.

I live on tetra ice-cream!! I especially like Banana ice-cream for breakfast and lunch and have them pretty much everyday! It depends how long you freeze them for as to how long you leave it out for before eating, if i've frozen them overnight I tend to leave mine out for about an hour first (as otherwise I find them a little too iced up) but if i'm home, generally at the wkend I tend to just let them freeze for a few hours and then take them out as soon as they feel ready (I just keep checking on them!) Hope this helps! I like strawberry too but not so keen on the choc but then we all have such different tastes as my sister loves the chocolate one! Hope you enjoy it! :) xxx

Thanks everyone - I cant wait now lol...
I just mixed a choc tetra with hot water to make a hot choc and it was FAB!!!
I'm think the choc tetra's are my fav :)

Wasn't keen on making it as ice cream, but love the choc tetras, they're my fav too

i tend to either leave mine in the freezer for about three hours, then they are like an ice cream smoothie milkshake thingy, or take them out of the freezer about half an hour before i want to eat it or you end up shaving bits off with your spoon... but like it's been said. it does slow you down :D

abz xx

Back