Ickle Pand's LL Diary

Well as you can see from my signature, I'm losing weight so that I can get IVF. I'm currently above the BMI required for funding for NHS treatment in this area so I need to get it down.

We were given a conditional place on the waiting list last March (conditional on me getting my BMI below 35) and nearly a year later and I weigh a stone more than I did then.

The fertility consultant was the one who suggested lighter life, after he'd read some studies about it. He knows that I've tried everything else - WW, WW online, SW, seeing dietitians, hypnotherapy, xenical, reductil etc.

I'm really feeling the pressure of time, we're due to go back in July to see how things are going, but with LL, I think I will have reached my target and more by then.

I've decided that I'm not just going to stick to LL to get my BMI below 35, I'm going to keep going until its in the normal range. I've hated my body shape for years and I think that if I'm going to do this then I might as well see it through. I have so many reasons for wanting to do this - to get IVF or even better to boost my fertility enough to get pregnant naturally, to have a healthier pregnancy and labour, to have the energy to run about after my baby, to be able to do things I can't do just now, to improve my arithritis, the list goes on and on.

I've got my first weigh in on Wednesday. I'm really looking forward to seeing how I've done, although I don't feel like I've lost any weight yet. I'm hoping for a good initial loss to boost me through week 2.

Good luck Ickle. All you have to do is stick to this 100%. it really is that easy (or hard!). To be truthful, sticking to it 100% is difficult, but definitely doable.Letting little bits of food or drink creep in is a slippery slope.

I try to focus on my health, my ability to take part in sport etc, the way i look, the clothes I can wear, the reactions from others and so on as motivation. But you have the best motivation of all. As a mother of 2 I know how precious children are and also how important it is to be a great role model. So bearing that in mind you will zoom through this program right to the end!

Well I had my drop-in last night and got weighed. I'm down 9lbs! Totally over the moon with that. I'm not expecting to lose much more by the official weigh in on Wednesday but I'm not bothered :)

Hi ickle and well done on your loss, the first step to a healthier hopefully more furtile you, your reasons are so precious and I wish you all the best(you don't need luck) on your journey keep us updated
Tara x

Back