I'd like to lose it, lose it!

Hope things balance out for me - woke up feeling much less bloated today.

Next official is Monday. Good way to start the week, but any special weekend plans show up immediately. :)

Haha thats true! Must keep you on the straight and narrow though, could feel tempted to have abit of a binge at the weekend if your weigh in is on friday, used to do that on weight watchers, no wonder I didnt stick with it lol x

I hadn't thought of that - you're absolutely right, having a Monday weigh-in does help keep me on track over the weekend. Cool!

Feeling good this morning - it's a beautiful day (yesterday was terrible, it rained all day) and my scale says I'm down 2lbs so far with 4 more days to go before Monday's weigh in. :)

Goal for today is to better spread my 3ltrs over the day. I have been drinking 1ltr by 2pm, add another by 6-7pm and then down the last by bedtime. The result is I've been feeling quite bloated by the end of each day. I'm going to try to have 1.5ltr by midday, 1 ltr by dinner, which just leaves 0.5 for evening.

Had my 2nd bar for dinner last night, malt toffee. It was good, though not as good as the peanut crunch. So nice to have (a) something to chew and (b) chocolate! :p

Hope everyone else is also waking up to a good morning!

Yes its a lovely day! Still blinkin cold but very bright and sunny so feeling good ;)

Whenever I have a shake (especially tetras) I drink water in between sips so by the time I reach the end of my shake I'm mega bloated! Defo helps with cravings!

Its great that you like both types of bars, I could never get on with the chewy ones! Alot of people say they taste like chocolate fudge and I'm so gutted they don't taste that way to me lol. The mint choc crunch bar is my fav thou, used to like the peanut but gone off that one now.

Went out to dinner tonight at a really, really good restaurant. Have been looking forward to it and dreading it in equal measure. Dinner was excellent - cream of broccoli soup with poached egg and truffle, lamb served 3 different ways, raspberry cheesecake and a chocolate box surprise (literally a box made of chocolate with choc mousse inside). Served with an amazing red wine. :p It was a very special meal, much enjoyed.

Despite having only 1 glass of wine, not finishing dessert and the fact the portion sizes were relatively small, I felt very full after dinner - I can only imagine that my stomach has shrunk. :)

Now back home and drinking water. :waterbottle: I'm only hoping that the dinner hasn't set me back too much - but don't regret it ... Am toying with the idea of "getting rid" of some of the meal, but that just seems over the top and quite unhealthy!

On another note, at a suggestion in a different post, I took my measurements a couple of weeks ago (bust, chest, upper arm, waist, hips, thigh) and redid them today. Lost 5". :) Dug out a couple of jeans in the next size down (which I haven't worn in 2-3 years as they were too tight) and they fit! Yay! :D

Yes its a lovely day! Still blinkin cold but very bright and sunny so feeling good ;)

Whenever I have a shake (especially tetras) I drink water in between sips so by the time I reach the end of my shake I'm mega bloated! Defo helps with cravings!

Its great that you like both types of bars, I could never get on with the chewy ones! Alot of people say they taste like chocolate fudge and I'm so gutted they don't taste that way to me lol. The mint choc crunch bar is my fav thou, used to like the peanut but gone off that one now.

Tried the chocolate flavour chewy bar.... not worth it. Didn't like it much at all, tho' I'll try it at least one more time as I find that sometimes I like something, sometimes not.

Still have the cranberry crunch one to try! Hope that's good. And I need to take a look at what I'm going to order for next week. Have a feeling I've missed some flavours - ie I think there's an orange flavoured bar as well.

Haven't tried it yet as it is 206 calories and I'm "recovering" from last night's dinner. Figure I'll have it tomorrow.

Hope you had a good weekend!

Choc Orange bar is Yummy hun tastes like jaffa cakes, I think anyway!! Hope u have had a gd day x

Well despite Saturday's dinner, I've lost 3lbs. Am pleased with that, even though I have a little voice in the back of my head saying "it could have been more...." Hmpf!

I'm finding the knowledge of upcoming events helpful for controlling eating impulses. I tell myself not to eat whatever it is (choc, fries, crisps...) because I have a dinner coming up and can wait til then. And that I want to lose as much as possible before the dinner. It does work! :) Course it means I still have a food-based reward system...

Having the cranberry crunch bar for breakfast - so far my favourite has been the peanut crunch. This one is ok... not great.

Plan for this week is to stick to SS as much as possible, work out Mon-Fri, and get ready for my ski trip (we leave Sat). I'm up for it! :D

Well done and a ski trip how exciting :) My son is learning to ski every Wednesday evening at the moment. I quite like the cranberry bar too but like you my fav is the peanut xx

3lb is great hun, people get that doing 100% ss so u should be pleased!!!

Well done 3lbs is brilliant after a meal! Hope my weigh in will be as good after the meal on sat lol.
Would be happy with a 3lb loss on a normal week let alone one I've eaten in ;)
Plus there's no way of knowing if it would've been anymore if you didn't eat now.

Have fun on the ski trip!

3ls is a great loss! I'm going out for a meal in Saturday, my first solids in 4 weeks so I'll be more than happy with any loss!
Have fun skiing :)

Well done! I'm off to the cinema Friday and hoping that I only have water! X

Hi Kazza - how'd you do at the cinema? I went during my first week and had 2 kernels of popcorn and 0.5ltr of water. Temptation was strong tho' - my friend and I always have popcorn and M&Ms at the cinema and she had hers.... :)

Since the positive start on Monday morning, I seem to have stalled. Actually, I seem to have sabotaged myself which is even more upsetting!

Had a good day Mon until about 5.30pm and then I had 2-3T of peanut butter and a handful of nuts. Not the end of the world, admittedly as it wasn't crisps or anything like that, but still. Then I didn't have my CD dinner (wasn't hungry). Woke up and saw I'd gained a little bit. :(

I'm learning that the body is quite sensitive sometimes to the food we put in it - but was still upset with the gain as I know I ate well under 800 calories on Monday! So of course I while I was out and about I had a croissant for breakfast! And an egg for an afternoon snack which I only have if I've worked out - I didn't yesterday. Today's weight is the same as yesterday's.

Hmpf! Am in the frame of mind that if I'm essentially starving myself (taking in far fewer calories than my body uses even when it's at rest) then I should be melting away...and that if I take in a few more, but still under 800 or 1000, that I should still be losing. :mad:

Makes me really worried about when food is introduced back into my diet full-time. :(

I have 3 full days before heading out to France on Sat for the ski trip, so I'm going to stick to CD, workout and see how much I can lose. Although I'm almost of the mind "why bother?"

Knowing that I'll be off CD entirely next week...even with the skiing which burns lots of calories as you try to keep warm and you're exercising, I'm afraid I'll have gained everything back by the end of the week!

Sorry for the dismal update - it matches the grey and blah weather outside and I've just noticed I'm wearing grey clothes as well. Blah!

Oh hun I hope u are ok, don't let the food get you down and stick to it till Saturday as u will feel so much better for it and can u stick to low carb next week so u don't gain too much!! Bug hugs hun as I know this is such a bloody hard diet to stick to!!

Back