I'd like to lose it, lose it!

Now I'm seriously bummed out. Was very good yesterday and even drank 3.5ltrs of water! Worked out. Did everything right and...woke up to a gain of 1lb. How in the world is that possible????? :mad:

I know that I shouldn't be weighing myself daily, but still ... when you burn 300c working out and ingest 600 cal (I had an egg as well), how can you gain???? :confused:

Am off to work out - might go nuts and work out twice as long. Then CD all day with more water. Fingers crossed. The scales going down is the motivation for staying on this, or any other, diet. I need to see a decrease soon!!!

Does your cdc reccommend the workouts hun I have been told they slow losses down! Don't be dishartened it could be muscle weight

Does your cdc reccommend the workouts hun I have been told they slow losses down! Don't be dishartened it could be muscle weight

My CDC said to cut back a bit in the first couple of weeks, which I didn't do and lost ok. I'm used to working out and in Dec I had a test done and it appears I have nearly 100lbs of muscle mass (90% of women have less for my age and height). Muscle burns more energy and as I'm going skiing I wanted to make sure I maintained my muscle mass throughout the diet (it took a lot of hard work to get it and, I believe, is one of the reasons my blood work is still good - good cholesterol, good sugars).

Also, there's a sticky about exercise that says there's nothing wrong with exercising during CD, and as you know, it's recommended that if you're not doing it, that you start while working the steps.

@Liveonce: I worried about drinking too much water as well as I thought it would flush out the nutritional value of the CD packages. However, all research indicates that if you build up to it (I did - I started at 2-2.5, which is what I had been doing) and go to 3-4ltrs, that your body adjusts and there's no detriment. Good luck on your diet!

Hope you're having fun on your trip! Let us know how it went when you get back :)

Well, I'm back from my ski trip and in one piece (always a plus!). It was a really good trip, despite the nearly 12 hour journey each way to get there. It snowed the first couple of days, so we had fresh snow to play with. For the rest of the week, it was blue skies and sunny with progressively warmer temperatures. I have the sunburn to prove it. :flirt2:

Every morning we had fresh baguettes, croissants, pain au chocolat, cereal, cheese, tea, coffee for breakfast. I usually had cereal (whole grain) with a cup of tea. Lunch we stopped somewhere on the slopes and, oddly enough, the people I was with mostly ate just a plate of fries, while I had ham & other sliced meat with a roll.

Dinners is where everything fell apart... we were all responsible for one night of cooking and in the mountains, meals tend to be high in carbs and very much "stick to your ribs". Dinners were: bangers and mash, mince and tatties, spaghetti bolognese, baked zitis, boeuf bourguignon. Loads of wine, as well as cosmopolitans and mojitos. Getting up in the mornings was sometimes a challenge, given the partying done the night before. I made chicken marinated in maple syrup and apple sauce, with steamed broccoli and a mixed salad with goats cheese and tomatoes. Dessert was an apple tarte tatin and creme fraiche. It was easily the "lightest" meal of the week (!!!).

So, when I got on the scale this morning I was expecting a full out disaster - I figured I had gained at least 5lbs. Actual damage was a gain of 1.5lbs since my last official weigh-in of 2 weeks ago. While I've lost 2 weeks, the 1.5lbs is a relief and hopefully should disappear soon.

Today I get back on SS 100% - I am *not* looking forward to the next few days while I work my way back into ketosis. Somehow, it was easier at the start of the diet, when I didn't know what to expect.

Already I'm behind - I haven't had anything to eat or drink yet, as I dived straight into work. Time for a shake and a litre of water - all in the next hour! :eek:

I hope everyone is doing well - I will spend some time today/tomorrow catching up and I look forward to hearing about what you've been up to and all the weight lost! :)

Sounds like you had a fantastic time :)
1.5lbs is nothing as well so that should be gone in no time x

Heya chick 1.5lb is nothing it will be gone by the morning!!

She's right, I weighed myself had some dinner then a toilet and 2lbs were gone, even after eating!
Our bodies can be rather odd sometimes...

Thanks for the support and I hope you're both right! I read in someone else's post that they went off CD for a week and gained 4lbs, so I got lucky!

Finding drinking all the water is a bit of a chore ... but am working on it! And am now off to take an aspirin for this headache!!!!

tizzy51 said:
Thanks for the support and I hope you're both right! I read in someone else's post that they went off CD for a week and gained 4lbs, so I got lucky!

Finding drinking all the water is a bit of a chore ... but am working on it! And am now off to take an aspirin for this headache!!!!

I was off for a whole week last year and gained 9lb and over Xmas I had a week off a put about 12lb back on, so u were very lucky indeed, hope the head gets better x

Glad you had a good time. Good news at such a low gain. You must have burnt off a lot in the day too. Amazing.

I read somewhere that skiing for 2 hours burns 1000 calories. However, when you ski, you spend a lot of time on lifts going up the mountain, so actual time skiing down the mountain is only a fraction of the time you're out on the slopes. Even so, I figure between trying to keep warm in the cold air and skiing, I burned off quite a lot of calories.

The first 2-3 days were the hardest - I pretty much lost control and ate everything that was set before me...sometimes with 2nds! :eat: Drank way too much alcohol as well! However, I then relaxed a little bit and started paying more attention to what and how much I was eating. Tried to enjoy the food and drink without going overboard.

I have a little over 2 weeks before any social engagements (business dinner) and am going to make the most of it. Step 1 is get into ketosis asap!!!

Woo hoo! I just did a sneak peek at my scales today and have lost 3.5lbs since Monday (so in 2 days!). :D I figure this is water, etc from last week, but still, I'm very pleased with the loss so far, especially since I have 4 more days before w-in. This could be a very good weight loss week...

However, I have noticed that on the days when I have a good loss, part of me starts sabotage efforts - urging me to eat, it's ok cause I've lost and can "afford" to cheat. If I give in and the scale doesn't move down or even goes up, I really get upset with myself, but it's a pattern I've noticed before. I wonder if I'm scared to succeed? Or so hooked to sugar and carbs that I'll use any excuse to eat them. There's definitely an emotional component to this which I need to understand and manage, but that's also quite scary.

This week's goal is to take things one day at a time, adhere to ss and make this the best week possible! :)

well done Tiz you're doing well gettin back on the diet after your trip. I hear what your saying about the self sabotage... I'm going to pirimarni today to find something pretty and maybe in a size 14 (or 16 if I'm chicken!) As a motivator!

Last edited:
Woo hoo! I just did a sneak peek at my scales today and have lost 3.5lbs since Monday (so in 2 days!). :D I figure this is water, etc from last week, but still, I'm very pleased with the loss so far, especially since I have 4 more days before w-in. This could be a very good weight loss week...

However, I have noticed that on the days when I have a good loss, part of me starts sabotage efforts - urging me to eat, it's ok cause I've lost and can "afford" to cheat. If I give in and the scale doesn't move down or even goes up, I really get upset with myself, but it's a pattern I've noticed before. I wonder if I'm scared to succeed? Or so hooked to sugar and carbs that I'll use any excuse to eat them. There's definitely an emotional component to this which I need to understand and manage, but that's also quite scary.

This week's goal is to take things one day at a time, adhere to ss and make this the best week possible! :)

Well done with getting back on it! I have had to stop checking my scales. I got myself really worked up last week because I thought I hadn't lost anything - turns out my scales were 3 or 4 lbs heavier than the CDC whereas the week before, they were 3 or 4 lbs lighter - all over the place!

xxx

Well done on getting rid of that gain and them some, keep fighting those urges you know it will be worth it :)
Reward yourself when you lose but not with food, maybe each stone have a treat like a new dress or bag etc x

I've been trying to keep my head down and, other than posting in other diaries, keep mum and I'm struggling through this week. According to my scales (which are really good), I've lost 5lbs since Monday, so got rid of the ski week gain plus an additional 3.5lbs. My next official weigh-in is Monday, so I have 3 days to go...and I'm so very worried that I'm going to blow it!!! :( Hency my trying to keep quiet so if no-one else knows, then I don't have to own up to blowing anything.

However, 5lbs is too good to throw away and, unless my body suddenly decides to hold on to everything for the next couple of days, the loss could even be better! So now that I've gone public, hopefully that will help me stay on course.

It's just these little voices in my head telling me it'll be ok if I just have something, anything non-CD. Or that I've "earned" a break. Or whatever. A couple of times this week, I've had to resort to going to bed for an hour or so after getting home, just to shut them up and get through to the next product. :sigh:

Luckily, I'm pretty busy today and Sunday, so hopefully will just have to watch out (or nap through) Saturday. I bought The Beck Diet Solution book (it was discussed in one of the diaries here) and started reading it. I don't like doing these kinds of books with exercises and everything all in it, but I'm going to start doing them this weekend. Part of my dislike comes from the voice in my head saying "you don't really want to change" and I have to work on developing the tools and strength to say "yes, I do and I will".

My goodness! Food industry aside, we're our own worst enemies, aren't we?!?

Back