Ideas for breakfast please

gingerdot

Can anyone help me with any ideas for breakfast please......getting a bit tired of omelettes and overnite oats
thanks.....any and all ideas will be greatly appreciated.

If I'm feeling a bit extravagant, I'll have Poached Eggs, Smoked Salmon and Asparagus or Broccoli for my breakfast! It's really really good...and gets that 'speed' element in too! :eat:

My favourite breakfast at the moment (seriously, I've had it every day for 2 weeks) is mixed fruit (at this time of year I have a chopped apple, a satsuma split into segments, a handful of blueberries, a kiwi fruit chopped up and about 6 grapes sliced in half) covered in a fat free natural yogurt (I usually have the 0% Yeo Valley ones as they're about the right size) with a sprinkling of mixed spice. The sweetness of the fruit takes away the bitterness of the yogurt and the mixed spice gives it a lovely wintery festive flavour. It's all free and fills me up until lunch time. It's also easy to take out and about in a Tupperware container and it's good to graze on throughout the morning too if you can't eat it all at once.

I was having something similar in the summer when berries were in season. I'd use strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and sometimes some diced melon with a fruit flavoured Muller Light (I found strawberry was the nicest but vanilla and raspberry/cranberry were also lovely). I know you've mentioned the overnight oats already but they're really lovely with some berries thrown on them.

When I make overnight oats at the moment, I use either fat free natural yogurt or a vanilla Muller Light, throw in a little mixed spice (I think I'm obsessed with it at the moment!) and throw the above wintery fruits on it. That's lovely and more filling if you've got a long wait til lunch.

Something else that's nice (if you like sweet things for breakfast) is a sliced banana, toffee Muller Light and a broken up Caramel Snack-A-Jack (2.5 syns). They taste a bit like toffee popcorn and go so well with the yogurt and banana. You will be missing your one third superfree on that though so you could throw in an apple as they're nice with toffee too.

Hope this helps a little! :)

Totally agree with the eggs, smoked salmon, asparagus! I have my eggs scrambled though and on a piece of toast (HEXB) I've have it every Saturday and Sunday.

Also, some might find this strange but, I put a can of spaghetti hoops in a frying pan, crack an egg in the middle. Add stripes of cooked bacon and serve on toast (HEX B) Perfect fried egg without any oil as well!

I have lean back bacon sandwiches - wholemeal bread as my HEX B with a smear of marmite because it's free unlike other sauces. Is my favourite. Or I have lean back bacon and baked beans on toast, also with a smear of marmite instead of butter/ketchup etc

Sardines (in tomato sauce) on toast (using hexB). Sometimes I add grated cheese from hexA. My usual go-to is weetabix with banana and almond milk (hexAB)

Just seen a thread on here for syn free pancakes that I am going to try today though!

I never have time to make breakfast so i just grab a quick cereal and if i do feel like cooking, a few eggs, nothing extravagant lol

Back