ideas for holidays

Holiday sounds fantastic! shame about the GF! :p

Yeh it was a great holiday. I'd recommend it to anyone and I'd defo go back there. More time in Phuket I reckon. Didn't do enough snorkelling.

OK, holidays

I think I would like to do the Grand Tour of India... Taj Mahal, Tiger sanctuary. Live for a few days in the keralan Backwaters on a house boat... Visit Mumbai!

OR

I would go again to Florida.... Disney, islands of Adventure, all the water parks, Sea World ( I just Lurve SeaWorld!) and once I'd worn myself out I'd retire to the Keys for a week in a Beach house Rental!

Actually, I'm not sure that £5000 would be enough!

Poor old sulley. Sounds like a good holiday though!

Sparkles I can't recommend Brisbane enough although I am a bit biased! Best city in the world
I will definitely get to Brissie one day-I really want to go there. Have already been to Sydney-though on my own and I wasn't there for long enough to do everything I wanted. Really want the family to see everything there too. Brissie is a must though-I'd love to see where Darren Hayes lived, etc :rolleyes:

Great question... either on a USA trip NY, Las Vegas and then LA or backpack round SE Asia and then round Australia (try to recreate my mis-spent youth!)

Lovely idea for a post - a chance to daydream since my hols this year was to the New Forest (and very nice too!)
It's got to be Barbados - I have never been but always associate the island with gorgeous blue skies, sunshine, beautiful beaches...I could just go on and on.

I'm with Ali on this and it would have to be Orlando and all the parks. In fact pretty much the hols I'm going on very soon, but with more money to spend on clothes! Oh and maybe flying in a higher cabin class!!!

So many places, so little time.... would love to tour rural China, Marrakesh or Bora Bora have to be favs. I have just bankrupted myself booking hols so they will all have to wait for now!

x

Would have to be Iceland, followed by Greenland and then a long tour across the north/Arctic coast of Canada ending in Vancouver - where my cousin lives. Not mad keen on hot weather but very keen on dramatic landscapes and barren wildernesses.

Actually, that amount of money would probably just cover the Iceland leg!

Because I was bought up near some great beaches, I am not too fussed about beach hols, so city breaks are my faves. I would never go anywhere that had crap food either!

I would head straight to Africa, and tour Rwanda and Uganda and see the Mountain Gorilllas before heading South... and seeing everything. I'm sure I can get a 6 week Safari out of £5000 which just about fits nicely in the school holidays.

... so when shall I expect the cheque?

It really does depend on who you are taking with you. £5000 will be no where near enough including spending money for a whole family, to do some of the thigns you all want to do.

west africa for me
cant get enough of the gambia
i'd fly to the gambia and spend a week move on to senegal and carry on until it was all finished i reckon i could probably live for the better part of a year in west africa for that amount - please make cheque payable to ........

Back