ideas for the shakes

Jew356

determined to be slim
When I joined last week a lady waiting to be weighed said she puts peppermint tea in her chocolate shakes

Can anyone reccommend it or have any other suggestions or tips

A lot of people chill it then use it like.

I blend up loads of ice cubes, add the water and the powder and blend it all up again...makes a slushy type shake, much more filling...and you can use a spoon!!

I've only been making them in my shaker never even thought about a blender, I wonder if my hand blender would work

No me neither lol

Yep the mint tea in choc shake is lovely... mint choca..:D

Not sure if a hand blender would work on ice cubes like...

Yes a hand blend works with ice cubes, that is what I use but I don't put enough ice cubes in for slush just a few to make it really cold and it smashes through those alright :)

I best get my hand blender out then

I love using cold peppermint tea with the chocolate shake, it's one of my favourites.

I also use cold coffee in my vanilla and chocolate shakes too. I like to think it's a chilled Latte or Mocha! lol

When I did Lipotrim last time I used to buy raspberry leaf tea and mix it with the chocolate shake, that was really nice too. x

I've been too afraid to try the peppermint chocolate shake as I'm only on day 6 and finding I'm still hungry so don't want to waste a shake if I don't like it and be even more hungry

I tried that and wasted a shake it wasn't for me at all... Just depends if you like peppermint tea in the first place lol xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The other thing to try is the chicken soup. Make sure you make it in a pan on the hob, it doesn't work well as a cupasoup (lots of lumps!). But it is tasty and does feel like you are having a meal. I am on day 18 and am close enough to remember the first week. It is so hard and the weekend is a killer because you feel a bit unreal. All the norms like brunch and roast dinners etc are off limits, it really is mind over matter. You have got this far keep going. The first wi will be well worth it. I am still finding the weekends difficult, but feel I have gone this far there is no way I am giving up and having to start all this again!! This hopefully is a once in a lifetime thing... Just keep positive and have lots of baths. The other thing I found very helpful, with having 3 kids etc, I do a lot of cooking on Sunday and freeze these dinners ready for the next week ie, bolognaise/korma/stews etc. The time will fly just sign out of social stuff for the next few weeks or as long as you need and knuckle down... We are all here to help. Best of luck.

My husband doesn't like reheated food, he's a fussy monkey

Had a good talk with him tonight and he's going to make all the packed lunchs and cook the tea every night so this should help lots

That's great Jew. Hope he keeps it up!
You could maybe go for a walk while he is having his tea then you don't have to be around food

Back