Ideas for using up syns!!

TeeHee RegField....bought some on the way home last night, twice checked the fridge to make sure it was in there!!! and I ended buying Morrisons Lemon curd, as I wasn't going to wait for my next main shop.....didn't have any last night..... but will this evening if I get time before going out......yumyumyum, I can taste it already

I'm the same, I wouldn't trust myself to "just have one" and have consciously decided not to have crisps, white bread, butter, pastries, pizza etc...

Apart from them being unhealthy, they helped get me where I am today and so I don't want them to be a part of my diet at all...ever. I know if I have just one packet of crisps it will lead to me going completely off plan and binging on crisps again. I know this from past experience and so they're gone. I won't buy them, I won't eat them and definitely won't use my syns on them.

I did go out for a chinese last week, I made sure I had plenty of syns to accommodate the meal and I still lost 5lbs, so was quite pleased that I can still go out for a meal now and again and not have to worry about it. I don't plan to have takeaways again to be honest though...except maybe when my kitchen is torn out next month! :s

I understand the moderation thing but it doesn't work with me, I've tried it in the past. I don't want food to be a treat or reward any more.
Food is fuel for the body when you're hungry, that's the way I'm looking at it and although I enjoy it and I like new recipes etc...I don't want to try and control the stuff I consider myself addicted to, that stuff hurt me and controlled me for far too long and it won't have any part in a future eating plan.

Am not keen on the whole "syns" thing really. I use some of them as additions to meals and the odd hot chocolate but won't be using them for treats or things that are bad for me in general.
I'm not a sweet person so fruit and alpen lights are more than enough of a sweet hit for me. Generally I'm using them on bits to enhance a meal and am not bothered if I have 2 or 10...if I've got lots left I don't feel the need to have extra food just for the sake of it. I'm probably being overly strict with myself but I have a lot to lose and am trying to just have meals, no snacks in between and only eat when hungry. Working so far, am focused and not worried at all about going off plan.

With regards to syns, if you want to use them but not on "treats" and "rewards" then like the others said...maybe a bit of oil instead of frylite or full fat butter instead of low fat spread...maybe even nuts and seeds...good fats. A creamier yogurt, options hot chocolate, sugar in tea instead of sweetener, gravy, ketchup etc...Lots of "normal" stuff has syns and it's nice to enhance a meal sometimes.

Back