Ideas needed for small pressies for yr 1 - fruit in class

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KD, 21 June 2007 Social URL.

1. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    My son is doing Work Experience with year 1. He is having a blast.

He says it's a really special time of the day when the fruit box comes around and they sit together and enjoy their apples, pears, tomatoes etc. I'm sure most school do that these days and I think it's a fab way to get them eating fruit.

Anyway, he wants to give them all a little pressie when he finishes at the end of next week.

Obvious thing is sweets, but he says no. He says they won't want sweets because they know they're not good for them and it's not a good example to set. Teehee...trained him well.

He thought they would like fruit (he has a lot to learn about small children :D....like his thinking though), but he says they since they eat a lot of fruit at school he wants to give them something different.

Obviously...needs to be inexpensive. Could be something for the whole class. I'm out of ideas and he doesn't want me to ask at school as he wants it to be a surprise.

He thought about doing a video of them together, but again, would have to ask for permission. Surprise out of the door:(

Any great ideas folks?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Small boxes of raisins??? You can get yogurt coated ones as well.

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Hey! That's a great idea. Didn't think of that. Cheers:cool:

5. flirty40greeneyes

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Think your son is really sweet to be thinking of the children. Does he want to go into teaching???

6. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    I think he might once he get a little more realistic. It keeps getting a mention, so you never know.

Last week he was talking about running away with the circus. Wanted to teach circus skills:rolleyes:

7. flirty40greeneyes

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    LOL - well my son wanted to become a Shane McGowan (Pogues) prodigy!!! Now he's thinking of studying law!! Not much difference!!

8. Mich

Mich Taking Back Control...!!!

What about asking the teacher if he could bring in a small selection of 'different' fruits and do a quick tasting session.... things they don't get in class.... I know my kids who are in Reception and Year 2 did a fruit salad.... preparing, chopping then of course eating it and they loved doing that.... suggestions could be:

Pineapple
    Grapes
    Melon
    Kiwi
    Strawberries
    Mango

Small amount of each would be enough for the kids to all have a taste and they could perhaps talk about where the different fruits come from...

Just a thought - hope it helps.....

MMmmmm did someone mention yoghurt coated raisins.... yummy..... if your son decides to go with that option then I'd go and get a couple of big bags from the health food shop as the individual bags at Tesco etc are 35p each only a handful too!!

How thoughtful is your son KD - you have done a great job there.....:D

9. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    :D :D When Andrew was 5, he told me he wanted to be a homeless person on the street "cos they get loads of money". He didn't want to give up his bed though. Said he could still come home at night time :D

Another good idea :) That would be fun. Could do both. Fruit session in class time and some yog raisins to take home:cool:

He's a good lad. It's genetic :D :D Okay...fathers side:rolleyes:

10. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    My 11 year old daughter said she wanted to be an actress ... oh, and a crime scene investigator (CSI). After some though and realising there aren't enough hours in the day for two careers she said "Hey - maybe I can be an actress on CSI and do both!"

PS
    Love the raising idea. I saw in Asda a multi-pack of little boxes of raisins with lots of different varieties (raisin/orange etc)

11. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    :rotflmao: Bright one there :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.