Ideas needed for small pressies for yr 1 - fruit in class

KD

Gone fishing
My son is doing Work Experience with year 1. He is having a blast.

He says it's a really special time of the day when the fruit box comes around and they sit together and enjoy their apples, pears, tomatoes etc. I'm sure most school do that these days and I think it's a fab way to get them eating fruit.

Anyway, he wants to give them all a little pressie when he finishes at the end of next week.

Obvious thing is sweets, but he says no. He says they won't want sweets because they know they're not good for them and it's not a good example to set. Teehee...trained him well.

He thought they would like fruit (he has a lot to learn about small children :D....like his thinking though), but he says they since they eat a lot of fruit at school he wants to give them something different.

Obviously...needs to be inexpensive. Could be something for the whole class. I'm out of ideas and he doesn't want me to ask at school as he wants it to be a surprise.

He thought about doing a video of them together, but again, would have to ask for permission. Surprise out of the door:(

Any great ideas folks?

Hey! That's a great idea. Didn't think of that. Cheers:cool:

I think he might once he get a little more realistic. It keeps getting a mention, so you never know.

Last week he was talking about running away with the circus. Wanted to teach circus skills:rolleyes:

LOL - well my son wanted to become a Shane McGowan (Pogues) prodigy!!! Now he's thinking of studying law!! Not much difference!!

What about asking the teacher if he could bring in a small selection of 'different' fruits and do a quick tasting session.... things they don't get in class.... I know my kids who are in Reception and Year 2 did a fruit salad.... preparing, chopping then of course eating it and they loved doing that.... suggestions could be:

Pineapple
Grapes
Melon
Kiwi
Strawberries
Mango

Small amount of each would be enough for the kids to all have a taste and they could perhaps talk about where the different fruits come from...

Just a thought - hope it helps.....

MMmmmm did someone mention yoghurt coated raisins.... yummy..... if your son decides to go with that option then I'd go and get a couple of big bags from the health food shop as the individual bags at Tesco etc are 35p each only a handful too!!

How thoughtful is your son KD - you have done a great job there.....:D

LOL - well my son wanted to become a Shane McGowan (Pogues) prodigy!!! Now he's thinking of studying law!! Not much difference!!

:D :D When Andrew was 5, he told me he wanted to be a homeless person on the street "cos they get loads of money". He didn't want to give up his bed though. Said he could still come home at night time :D

What about asking the teacher if he could bring in a small selection of 'different' fruits and do a quick tasting session.... things they don't get in class....

Another good idea :) That would be fun. Could do both. Fruit session in class time and some yog raisins to take home:cool:

How thoughtful is your son KD - you have done a great job there.....:D
He's a good lad. It's genetic :D :D Okay...fathers side:rolleyes:

I think he might once he get a little more realistic. It keeps getting a mention, so you never know.

Last week he was talking about running away with the circus. Wanted to teach circus skills:rolleyes:

My 11 year old daughter said she wanted to be an actress ... oh, and a crime scene investigator (CSI). After some though and realising there aren't enough hours in the day for two careers she said "Hey - maybe I can be an actress on CSI and do both!"

PS
Love the raising idea. I saw in Asda a multi-pack of little boxes of raisins with lots of different varieties (raisin/orange etc)

After some though and realising there aren't enough hours in the day for two careers she said "Hey - maybe I can be an actress on CSI and do both!"

:rotflmao: Bright one there :D

Back