Ideas needed please

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by ilovemygrandkids, 18 August 2011 Social URL.

1. ilovemygrandkids

ilovemygrandkids Member

Was wondering what is the best slimming world recipe you have tried..im making up a little booklet of recipes for a member who has learning difficulties so am just trying to give that little extra helping hand..any simple easy ides please

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Stoffie

Stoffie A curious kitten!

Start Weight:
    9st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    7st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The easiest recipe I do is for chilli although I do my own thing rather than follow any recipe. I don't know whether it's of interest but I'll type it anyway.

I dry fry extra lean mince then, once cooked, put it in a saucepan along with 1 can of chilli beans, 1 can chopped tomatoes, a chopped carrot, chopped courgettes, an onion, handful of mushrooms, some chopped baby sweetcorn and chilli powder to taste. I leave it on the stove for an hour gentle cooking. Serve with brown rice.

As you can see I pack it with veg to build up the superfree 1/3 on a plate for easy extra days.

Hope this is of interest.

4. bilsat

bilsat Really likes to cook

Start Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11.5lb
    Lost(%):
    7st2lb(37.95%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimmers World
    Try my 10 min quicky!............

Pete’s 10Min Quickie
    Spaghetti carbonara

Serves 2
    Free on Extra Easy

Ingredients

175g dried spaghetti

* use either

2 rashers of smoked bacon, chopped into small pieces
    Or
    Sainsbury’s wafer thin honey roast ham, chopped into small pieces

2 eggs
    1 150g Tube of Primula cheese light
    Handful of fresh chives

Method

Cook spaghetti as per packet instructions 8 mins =”Al Dente”

*Use either

Cook the Bacon in a dry frying pan until done then remove and put to one side.
    Or cut the ham into small pieces and put to one side.

Break 2 eggs into a bowl and beat them together along with seasoning, chopped chives and the complete tub of Primula cheese light.

Remove and drain the spaghetti then return to the saucepan, add the contents from the bowl and stir gently over a low heat until the eggs have set.

5. ashington44

ashington44 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(18.24%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    How about a burger. Mince, Grated onion, splash lea perins, chopped herbs. Shape into a pattie and grill or place on health grill. Serve with lots of salad and HXB roll.
    Easy Rice Pud...... 1/2 cup pudding rice, 1 cup water, place in pan with the lid on. Turn heat to low and leave for 15 min. Remove from heat and stir in sweetner to taste, add 1 yoghurt and serve with fruit for a free breakfast or pud.
    Use up left over new potatoes by slicing up and placing on a baking tray. Spray with frylight and seasoning. Place in hot oven until brown.
    Serve with fried egg and beans. Or use as a nibble with a dish of soup.
    Hope this helps.

6. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
    Calorie counting/low carb(following SW principles where possible)
    This sounds nice-but wouldnt be free a you are putting a whole tube of primula light in it! This would need to be synned-unless it can be used as a HEa?

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

7. Max&GabrielsMum

Max&GabrielsMum Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.86%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Spanish omelette - yummy! Great for left over potatoes and veg, just dry fry the already cooked pots n veg then pour over 2 or 4 beaten eggs cook on low heat then place under grill :)

8. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
  9. bilsat

Start Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11.5lb
    Lost(%):
    7st2lb(37.95%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimmers World
    The original recipe was from an ad in SW magazine Jan/Feb page 31 and they quoted that it was Free on Ee., 2 syn on green and add 5.5 syns if not using primula cheese light as a He............

Last edited: 23 August 2011
  10. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
    In the SW mags they clearly state that healthy extras are incorporated into the menus in mag, so therefore the primula will need to be synned or used as a HEa :)
    And if it was in an advert it will have said at the back on the page that details the syns of all the foods or maybe in the actual advert!!
    As there is no way a recipe containing an entire tube of cheese would be free!!!!

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

11. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
    I find it quite amusing that you've clearly edited the original post after I'd replied!! And funnily enough as I said, it would have included somewhere that the cheese would have been a HEa!!!! Thanks :)

Last edited: 25 August 2011
  12. bilsat

Start Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11.5lb
    Lost(%):
    7st2lb(37.95%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimmers World
    Glad to get the facts right. remember I have only been on SW for 4 months and still getting the hang of it! Always glad of others knowledge who have done SW for a longer period of time.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.