Ideas needed please

Was wondering what is the best slimming world recipe you have tried..im making up a little booklet of recipes for a member who has learning difficulties so am just trying to give that little extra helping hand..any simple easy ides please

The easiest recipe I do is for chilli although I do my own thing rather than follow any recipe. I don't know whether it's of interest but I'll type it anyway.

I dry fry extra lean mince then, once cooked, put it in a saucepan along with 1 can of chilli beans, 1 can chopped tomatoes, a chopped carrot, chopped courgettes, an onion, handful of mushrooms, some chopped baby sweetcorn and chilli powder to taste. I leave it on the stove for an hour gentle cooking. Serve with brown rice.

As you can see I pack it with veg to build up the superfree 1/3 on a plate for easy extra days.

Hope this is of interest.

Try my 10 min quicky!............

Pete’s 10Min Quickie
Spaghetti carbonara

Serves 2
Free on Extra Easy

Ingredients

175g dried spaghetti

* use either

2 rashers of smoked bacon, chopped into small pieces
Or
Sainsbury’s wafer thin honey roast ham, chopped into small pieces

2 eggs
1 150g Tube of Primula cheese light
Handful of fresh chives

Method

Cook spaghetti as per packet instructions 8 mins =”Al Dente”

*Use either

Cook the Bacon in a dry frying pan until done then remove and put to one side.
Or cut the ham into small pieces and put to one side.

Break 2 eggs into a bowl and beat them together along with seasoning, chopped chives and the complete tub of Primula cheese light.

Remove and drain the spaghetti then return to the saucepan, add the contents from the bowl and stir gently over a low heat until the eggs have set.

How about a burger. Mince, Grated onion, splash lea perins, chopped herbs. Shape into a pattie and grill or place on health grill. Serve with lots of salad and HXB roll.
Easy Rice Pud...... 1/2 cup pudding rice, 1 cup water, place in pan with the lid on. Turn heat to low and leave for 15 min. Remove from heat and stir in sweetner to taste, add 1 yoghurt and serve with fruit for a free breakfast or pud.
Use up left over new potatoes by slicing up and placing on a baking tray. Spray with frylight and seasoning. Place in hot oven until brown.
Serve with fried egg and beans. Or use as a nibble with a dish of soup.
Hope this helps.

bilsat said:
Try my 10 min quicky!............

Pete's 10Min Quickie
Spaghetti carbonara

Serves 2
Free on Extra Easy

Ingredients

175g dried spaghetti

* use either

2 rashers of smoked bacon, chopped into small pieces
Or
Sainsbury's wafer thin honey roast ham, chopped into small pieces

2 eggs
1 150g Tube of Primula cheese light
Handful of fresh chives

Method

Cook spaghetti as per packet instructions 8 mins ="Al Dente"

*Use either

Cook the Bacon in a dry frying pan until done then remove and put to one side.
Or cut the ham into small pieces and put to one side.

Break 2 eggs into a bowl and beat them together along with seasoning, chopped chives and the complete tub of Primula cheese light.

Remove and drain the spaghetti then return to the saucepan, add the contents from the bowl and stir gently over a low heat until the eggs have set.

This sounds nice-but wouldnt be free a you are putting a whole tube of primula light in it! This would need to be synned-unless it can be used as a HEa?

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Spanish omelette - yummy! Great for left over potatoes and veg, just dry fry the already cooked pots n veg then pour over 2 or 4 beaten eggs cook on low heat then place under grill :)

The original recipe was from an ad in SW magazine Jan/Feb page 31 and they quoted that it was Free on Ee., 2 syn on green and add 5.5 syns if not using primula cheese light as a He............

Last edited:
bilsat said:
The original recipe was from an ad in SW magazine and they quoted that it was Free on Ee......

In the SW mags they clearly state that healthy extras are incorporated into the menus in mag, so therefore the primula will need to be synned or used as a HEa :)
And if it was in an advert it will have said at the back on the page that details the syns of all the foods or maybe in the actual advert!!
As there is no way a recipe containing an entire tube of cheese would be free!!!!

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

bilsat said:
The original recipe was from an ad in SW magazine Jan/Feb page 31 and they quoted that it was Free on Ee., 2 syn on green and add 5.5 syns if not using primula cheese light as a He............

I find it quite amusing that you've clearly edited the original post after I'd replied!! And funnily enough as I said, it would have included somewhere that the cheese would have been a HEa!!!! Thanks :)

Last edited:
Glad to get the facts right. remember I have only been on SW for 4 months and still getting the hang of it! Always glad of others knowledge who have done SW for a longer period of time.

Back