ideas needed

messyfreckle

Right, so i've realised that next month, i'm going to run out of packs before payday. 4 days before payday, to be exact.

Are there any recommendations for what I can do for those 4 days? I don't have the money to buy 2 boxes, or individual shakes to tide me over. The £105 for the box stretches me as it is!

I have a 1 day overlap this month (get paid on Friday, so won't be delivered til Monday, but packs run out on Saturday evening) but have bought a pack of the Asda meal replacement bars which I will have to tide me over that day.

Help!

I would by some bars from asda or tesco and have one every couple days instead of your Exante shake. Tesco have the bars for £3.50 and you get two boxes with 3 in each.

What do you usually have on a day to day basis pack wise?

I would by some bars from asda or tesco and have one every couple days instead of your Exante shake. Tesco have the bars for £3.50 and you get two boxes with 3 in each.

What, so I have 1 bar every other day and that's it? Going days without food? Hmm...not sure I could do that!!

Is it time for your AAM week ? Maybe replace one shake a day with a meal for the 4 days to ensure your calorie count is say 800 ? I know AAM is 3 packs plus a meal but I think a lot of exanters do 3 plus (and apologies if this is a bad suggestion !!)

That would be ok if it was for 4 days but she has NO packs available for those days, shes not just one pack short for 4 days so it would mean cutting back for an awful lot longer which isnt a good idea obviously

Yeah I meant replace one shake with a bar and still have the other two meals as Exante shakes as usual.

I think if you haben't the funds then that's still the best bet even though you already have a bar a day. Two bars are not ideal for Ketosis but it won't affect your weigh loss.

The other alternative is to get a weeks supply of another VLCD or LCD.
There's one called new you or something like that. They do a value pack around £21 and a pack when you chose your flavours £29 (ish). Also check out avidlite website for meal replacement packs also consider Kee diet. All of which you can buy in smaller quantities. Please make sure you are buying proper meal replacement packs as some of the pages are not clear what product is what.

Thanks guys, yeah i'm really not sure what i'm gonna do about it...absolutely loving Exante, and having great success with it... I might have to see how the month plays out, see if I can scrape together some cash to get a couple of extra packs etc.

x

You could just eat 600 calories of low carb food when you run out of packs, or like someone else said, have one pack a day and 2 meals. If you plan it now, you can make sure you stay in ketosis and are not over your calories. Then just jump right back into the packs when you get some.

txgardenia said:
You could just eat 600 calories of low carb food when you run out of packs, or like someone else said, have one pack a day and 2 meals. If you plan it now, you can make sure you stay in ketosis and are not over your calories. Then just jump right back into the packs when you get some.

You can't really. This diet is about more than just the calories. You're not going to be getting all the nutrients etc you need. 600 calories of food is a dangerously low amount. VLCDs work because of everything crammed in the packs

I suppose you *could* buy a tub of the tesco/asda meal replacement shakes for emergencies, but there is a chance they'll take you out of ketosis. That's probably your best option. Even if you do go out of ketosis, it won't take you long to get back into it again x

Whatever you do don't risk it with too much of a DIY vlcd, as starlight says, its not safe to eat those kinds of cals without the vitamin support x

Here is another idea, but it is not recommended anywhere for obvious reasons. Take a look on eBay. There are quite a few people who have bought but no longer use Exante. If this is your only choice with limited funds then maybe. The problems of doing this though are clear enough. (quality, expire dates, storage, hygiene etc)

Ultimately your choice, but they are on there.

Back