Ideas on eating out low carb

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by Ivy, 14 August 2006 Social URL.

1. Ivy

Ivy Silver Member

Hi peeps

I need some help here - i have a do, which i have to go to and though this may seen like an excuse i will be expected to have something to eat

So instead of my usual binge for all menu, i have decided to limit the damage and lord knows - order something low carb

Any ideas on something that wont knock me outta ketosis that may be on a hotel menu?

Many thanks

Ivy

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. tpott

tpott Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.58%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi, Most pubs/hotels do Steak, salmon fillet or some type of chicken. You could have any of those with either a green salad and of course no dressing!
    Have a nice time!

4. zareena

zareena Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(6.52%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Yeah, just protein and veg. That will keep you in ketosis.

5. JayneC

JayneC Member

Hi Ivy

I had the same situation a few weeks ago, where I had to go to a work function with clients that I couldn't get out of.
    Also, it was 4 courses and a set menu as well :eek:
    I managed by eating parma ham and lettuce (no dressing) for starters, and beef with vegetables for main. I only ate half of each portion, and didn't have any dessert or cheese and biscuits. Although I was terrified about it, I was really lucky that I managed to stay in ketosis, and still lost 4 pounds that week.

I think the key thing is to not eat carbs, and limit how much you eat.... and then make sure you stop!!

Good luck :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.