Green Days Ideas please

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by ronniejacobs, 1 November 2010 Social URL.

1. ronniejacobs

ronniejacobs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Am thinking of trying soem green days, my first b will probably be porridge and second will be a bit of meat for tea - if we do pasta and chicken me and oh split 1 chicken breast between us. but want some easy ideas for lunches please? and also dinners too.

I am usually an ee girl

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Shrimpy

Shrimpy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(34.04%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    When I do green days (which I've only done a few since jan) I go veggie and have both HexBs as cereal bars or cereal or BREADDDDDD! LOL. I then have lots of lunches full of yummies like beans on jackets or mushy pea curry etc. :)

I tend to have yummy vegetarian dinners, I have bought the green days cook book and chose stuff from that. :)

4. ~Lucky~

~Lucky~ Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I usually make up a 'base' consisting of passata, mixed peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach (virtually any free foods) and from that I can make loads of stuff. I add it to gnocchi as a sauce, with spaghetti as a veggie bolognaise. My favourite is to add in a load of chilli powder and top with cheese hex. Tastes like enchiladas!

Tip: I find an oxo cube takes the 'edge' off the passata

~Lucky~

5. Safia

Safia Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I make soup with loads of superfree or free food. I tend to do vegetable soups but sometimes will add chicken to vary it a bit. With the cold weather i find soup a lot more appealing than salad xx

6. Say

Say Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    SW chips!

I've found that cooking a jacket potato in the microwave for 5 minutes and then chopping it up (when cutting it up, it will fall apart in places and have skin everywhere) when it cooked they make the most beautiful chips!

No bloody par-boiling!

7. Sparky67

Sparky67 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(18.45%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I do EE mostly, but occasionally have a green day, but I will go veggie. To me there's no point going green then using my Hex on meat!? I have something with pasta, cheese, chickpeas or quorn or eggs, and use my extra Hex for extra cheese or bread.

8. sarah83

sarah83 I will be a yummy mummy!

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.98%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I tend to go veggie too -
    B tends to be beans on toast or a neutral breakfast
    L tends to be a pasta salad/couscous/soup/new potato salad/omelette
    D will be a veggie chilli or curry, pasta of some sort, or something like mushroom stroganoff?
    I've been doing quite a few green days over the last couple of weeks so feel free to have a look at my food diary if you want a few ideas?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.