Ideas..

Beckyftwx

Silver Member
Hi, just started back on slimming world, done my first week not weighed myself because I dont own any scales but feeling alot better about myself and feel abit slimmer but could just be in my head.

Anyways was just checked on extra easy when it says you need a 1/3 superfree food on your plate, is it just the same thing to have a piece of fruit after your meal?
For example if I have beans on toast I couldnt really put veg etc with that?

You can have fruit after beans on toast to get your 1/3 superfree. You need to have 1/3 superfree over the whole day, so if you eat fruit as snacks throughout the day it all counts towards the 1/3 superfree.

Also if you make any sauces and add superfree veggies to it they also count as part of your 1/3.

HTH.

Denise

Beckyftwx said:
Hi, just started back on slimming world, done my first week not weighed myself because I dont own any scales but feeling alot better about myself and feel abit slimmer but could just be in my head.

Anyways was just checked on extra easy when it says you need a 1/3 superfree food on your plate, is it just the same thing to have a piece of fruit after your meal?
For example if I have beans on toast I couldnt really put veg etc with that?

I think Shrimpy does put veg in her baked beans :) - but i know what you mean - i do try & have 1/3 rd superfree on my plate as it aids portion control and so i tend to avoid meals which make this difficult to achieve - like beans on toast as i could easily eat too much if i do! The other option to having fruit aftwr is to have some superfree veg eg carrots, cucumber,chery toms etc or a salad before your baked beans on toast - that way if you get full before you finish your meal its not the superfree you are missing out on.

Yep, I do. I make "exciting beans" that include mushies, courgettes & onions. I sometimes also add passata. I add herbs and spices - usually cajun- and put that on top of my jackets or my toast.

Although you could fry up some mushies and have that with the beans and toast. Or have some fruit before?

Back