IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Welcome home.

I'm going to miss fruit when I get back to it this time, have enjoyed keeping a bag of apples or satsumas in my desk, hate wintery cooked veg much prefer salad but its never good this time of year.

Sigh.

Just had to buy clothes in my current size :( As having worn all this size jeans on the way up and the way down they are not in a good state. Gah for not being motivated sooner to get on with it.

Still mentally ready to go but know I cant til after next week :rolleyes:

I felt momentary sadness at giving up my planned fruit for the weekend (I'd even written OH a list to get from the market today!), but then I reminded myself how much fruit I let go off over the holidays while preferring "other things" let's say, and that put it back into perspective.

I think it's great that you too have your start date fixed, and you will slip straight back into it as I have, I'm sure... just like "coming home"!

and you too Laura... how was your break?

Ahhh to be in a size 16 pair of trousers - tis but a dream in the far distance!!!! LOL - glad your back on track Maintainer - welcome home!!! Who needs fruit - over rated in my opinion - a piece of turkey works much better! LOL!

Ahhh to be in a size 16 pair of trousers - tis but a dream in the far distance!!!! LOL - glad your back on track Maintainer - welcome home!!! Who needs fruit - over rated in my opinion - a piece of turkey works much better! LOL!

In case it gives you a boost - I once thought that!!

We bought back from M&S a 2K piece of beef (half price)... which will be roasted Saturday... and I shall feed off that for days ;)

I'll keep my eyes out for cut price turkey this weekend. More likely to be capon here, mind, and it's rare that they get reduced. Here we can often find smoked salmon at a good price after the holidays...

So I weighed in today at 76.6K which, to be honest, surprised me in the good sense. I've definitely lost quite a bit of water weight in my three days back on Dukan mind (2 x ATT, then PV).

Target is to get back to June's weight of 68 something. In ketosis, and planning soup, chicken + sugar free jelly snacks, rather than the usual fruit (+ extras) which so often fall into my weekends. I'm confident that in ketosis it'll be plain sailing this weekend.

Plans - sort out all the UK food stuffs / Xmas purchases (ie mess) OH dumped at the house on Tues when he did a round trip to take my Nana's writing desk there. Will walk each day, rain permitting.

T'will be a delight to be just the two of us after ten days in someone else's house.

Have a good weekend... To all restarters/newbies - plan Dukan snacks! Weekends can be tough!

and you too Laura... how was your break?

Thank you, Jo. We had a good holiday and ate lots of great food (luckily lots of protein, as per the French Christmas) cooked by my clever brother, just nice seeing everyone, the food was a bonus! Back home to rain - not ideal but better than snow. Still mild for the time of year - strange weather!

Happy slim new year, Jo! Hope your scales soon show a difference, it's so tricky keeping the balance right especially when not at home.
Agree re the fruit thing, although I have become really wary now, as I was a true fruit bat before, with fruit instead of puds every meal.
My OH reminded me over new year that its 12 years since I last had a cigarette, which is weird cos i dont even think about it now. I think the weight thing is my next challenge, and will also work out, thanks to Dukan.

Well done for weighing Jo, love your positive attitude - you are right that weight will drop off and you will be at 68k in no time whatsoever. Key point - planning - I must remember that!

Hello diary... all is well, and I've little to report.
As ever for me, once back on Cruise, it's plain sailing. I just wish the other phases were as easy!
I'm back into the walking habit, although I was surprised how one week's abstinence (+ one heck of a fast weight gain) made it so difficult initially. My legs were very swollen with water and I'm sure I waddled!

Anyway, I negotiated lunch at a restaurant with a friend yesterday, but continue to avoid most invitations. Unfortunately in France, the "galette des rois" is a traditional must in January and people KEEP offering me a piece. If only it resembled the Dukan galette!

Onward we go... and off it must come.

Don't click on this link if feeling weak...
galette des rois - Recherche Google

All participants have a piece, and the one who finds the little ceramic favour in it (hopefully it won't break your tooth), wears the crown and is Roi! (And buys the next one...) Silver lining, richer again am I!

Meet...

Scrumps, Mouse... this should keep us motivated. Remember when?

Attachments

• user611_pic18429_1304335087.jpg
    user611_pic18429_1304335087.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 62
10 days into Dukan and almost back to pre-xmas holiday weight BUT I know there's been a big water loss (whereas I went on holiday out of ketosis). I'm enjoying eating this way and, to be honest, hardly varied weekdays anyway. Last weekend went well so here's hoping this weekend's planned foods go to plan also.

I shouldn't grumble but my jeans look awful today - far too baggy... but every other pair I tried, freshly washed and ironed, were teeeeeny tiny :(

blimey youve done well !!!!

the pictures great ....def a good motivator ........

Yeah but I know that if I ate a mouthful of carbs, I'd whack on another load!

Well done Jo.:)

Nice seeing the photo again!:D

Baggy jeans are good - it means the too tight ones will fit next Friday.

(This week I've been full of post-galette des rois bloat. I don't even like pastry that much! Feel a bit better than I did on Monday though (despite having friends for dinner on Tuesday and will have another big meal tonight). Another week of PV + fruit/cheese next week, I think!)

Maintainer what a great loss for your return to Dukan - fingers crossed it continues! x

Back