IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Where I'm concerned, I did manage not to vaccuum up too much food this weekend, but didn't get one single walk in given that it rained non stop! Gales too! Loverly!

Now, with just 2 weeks to my trip to the UK (gosh!), I'm just aiming at damage limitation. I was "pleased" to see that I actually went to the UK last year at about this weight, although everyone has seen me twice this year far slimmer...

So here's hoping to lose a bit before Christmas but not in ketosis and not just to lose water weight :)

I have planned to take it easy over Xmas as I don't want to start ballooning up. Will have as many Dukan friendly food, no potatoes and Dukan desserts on both days using my oatbran. I can still have plenty of nice food without going overboard, but that's what we also didn't do last year. We had a normal Xmas without stuffing our faces completely so hopefully we will be fine. Thanks for your advice though! x

Enjoy your trip to the UK. Happy Christmas to you, you've been an inspiration to me this year. x

Gosh CD thank you! I am facing Christmas at a similar weight to last year (which surprised and pleased me - and I'll try to forget that friends and family have seen me slimmer twice this year since then!). I seem to have found a stabilisable weight here actually, and I've had the odd treat, and a fruit most days, without having the usual yoyoing.

Food for thought...

I'll be back with a vengeance in January, I'm sure... in the real sense of the word as I can't get into my size 12 wardrobe at this weight, so I've real inspiration to get the 3-4K (plus xmas gain) off soonest!

Have good weekends to all
x

I had a bad weekend. I knew I'd have a few treats at the village Christmas party Saturday afternoon but I really lost the plot yesterday also. Gleefully finding 2 inches of snow started the issues as OH wanted to go out in it, in our new winter tyres (lol - since we had them put on in Nov, it's been soooo mild), so he went to get us croissants and pain aux raisins. I ceded immediately and continued in the same vein throughout the day and now feel very 'liverish', as my Grandma used to say.

Anyway horses for courses with me, and I'm stressed at going on holiday Wed evening and getting my work cleared by then (the team member supposed to replace me has now booked herself four of the six working days I'm off, and they've said "yes"!!). I was also very peeved at having to miss my team's Christmas lunch, which probably played its part.

If I'm honest too, coming home is always stressful for me. I lost my Mum 14 years ago, but it's like yesterday when I walk into her house where little has changed. Also, for someone compulsively manic as I am, living at someone else's for lengthy periods is a drag, so I tend to stress in advance. In fact, it's only once I give up on dieting and go with the flow of what everyone else is doing and eating that I can relax and enjoy it, to be honest. Up to that point, trying to organise other people's food and mealtimes gets me (and them who don't want to be organised) in a fizzzz... :)

Ah well... I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds this...

Back onto PV today.

I'll be travelling overnight to the UK after one final day at the mad house ;). A Wednesday weigh in was never going to be a good one, particularly after lunch out yesterday, but I'll take it on the nose. 73.6K as I leave for the UK. I'm staying off the scales for a week on my return too! :D

I wish you all a Merry Christmas... and a Happy New Year. And I'll be back around Jan 4 ish...

(And I can't wait to meet Mouse again on Saturday morning!)

Have a lovely time in the uk hope the weather is kind xx

Hi Jo
Just wanted to say a big 'Thank You' for all the help you have given me in 2011 and the advice I will also need as I reach the next phase in 2012. Couldnt have got so far without you and the other Dukan minimins support. Hope you've had a good UK break x

Well said Chris R - Maintainer I really hope that 2012 is your year to get where you want to be on the Dukan Plan. Having your 'beady eye' on the lookout has been a huge help!!!! Your entire journey has been huge and is a real inspiration to me. Hope the holiday to the UK was fun and fab!

Hope you have had a wonderful break over here in the UK.

Another 'thank you' from me for all your help and support. It is greatly appreciated xx you have played a big part in me reaching my true weight.

Take care x

Awh thank you guys... lovely to read you again.
Yes back in my usual post Christmas mess weight wise. I glanced at the other part of the site and can't face newbies with questions at the moment so will be taking a break from the site while I get my own weight issues back into control.
It was lovely seeing your messages...
Good luck to all and I will return!

Hi welcome back - hope you had a good break. Look forward to reading you when you feel more in the mood for it!

Be happy to see you when youre back.

I'll be back from the 16th I think. Away next week. Doing some planning now :)

Hope you had a lovely crimbo time.

happy new year xxx

Happy New Year Jo!!

I'm back too :) well minimins not dukan yet - know I'm not ready headwise to jump in the deep end yet... getting there though....I am in my fat clothes...and there's not much room left :( d'oh....

hope you had a lovely xmas and best wishes to you and your OH for 2012 xx

Welcome back jo and happy new year xx hopefully you won't be away from here too long x

Don't stay away toooooo long we need you Miss Chief Witch - where will we be without your 'beady eye'! Hope you get back to it really soon. If anyone can do it - YOU can. x

Thanks guys - I'm persevering and am actually (if I'm honest) finding sticking to the straight and narrow rather easy... I had intended adding fruit from tomorrow but am wondering whether I ought to add such a spoke into my happy Dukan wheel. Why am I so anti ketosis? Is repeatedly going in and out of the years dangerous? For the old psyche probably, cos it takes one out of "real life" and that's the bit I don't do so well but, at my curent weight (whatever that may be, but I'm bursting out of size 16 trousers today... and couldn't get them on yesterday so am happy!), I'm probably better to treat the weight issue first.. as usual.

Still, some people have REAL problems so I won't dwell unduly on my self induced one...

Onward and offward!

Happy New Year, Jo and welcome back! Hope you had a great holiday.:)

Back