IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Ooh woodcutter man :). Hope you are well Jo

Morning all, yes I returned to the city on the early morning train yesterday morning, so straight to work without first passing by Minimims as I usually do in the morning.
I am now officially addicted to these pancakes. (Not a good find at all!) OH even had me make him a batch before I left him for his snacks in the country!
The weather for the week sucks and so I'll be lucky to get my walking in. Will head out hopefully this morning, umbrella not far from hand, as I know it helps my head... if not my weight!
I've quorn mince marinating in spices to make kefta meatballs tonight... but I don't think they'll stick together properly as meat would. But I need to get rid of this darned stuff taking up valable space in my freezer! Just don't like it and won't buy it again (oooh I remember now that I didn't buy it... my non meat eating sister gifted me 4 packs, convinced I'd love it...)!

Vicky - I wanted to share my Endomondo routes with you (thought you might find them amusing) but I "invited" you and ... you're ignoring me?!! Or perhaps you can see them?

The log burner is wonderful... such a cost effective way of heating too. We pay just €30 a stere (metre cubed), delivered and cut in 50cm lengths. Unfortunately many do have accidents out in the wood, even the most experienced of log cutters, so I'd keep well away from that. OH does have a machine thingy for splitting them when they're just too big to fit in. We have it going more or less non stop whenever in the country.

So... off and out soon. Turn on GPS... poor phone battery... I'm gone!
Happy day to all
x

Jo I've looked and Cant see ? Don't know why? Good luck with the quirk !!!!

Afternoon Dukaners, Atkinsers, Low Carbers and Lurkers ;)

I am now officially addicted to these pancakes. (Not a good find at all!) OH even had me make him a batch before I left him for his snacks in the country!
The weather for the week sucks and so I'll be lucky to get my walking in. Will head out hopefully this morning, umbrella not far from hand, as I know it helps my head... if not my weight!

Better than the alternative though :) helped keep me sane on one of my dukan runs :), agree though that the Orlac Pancakes are very addictive.

You could get one instead of you doing it :D

I like your style vicky :) I must keep that in mind lol xx

Day going ok, might be in for a loss this week, hopefully not speaking too soon, but OH MY GOD I want this weight GONE!!! :) I am totally impatient and although I have no problem with the plan I'm on (I can see myself eating like this for good!) which is quite a shocker for me. I still want to be at goal sometime ooh yesterday? :)

Hope you're all having a great day and keeping warm xxx

I found the temperature (at work at least) unbearably warm yesterday and will not wear a sweater today, that's for sure. This windy rainy weather certainly isn't "cold"... just horrid! Still, when we see reports of flooding in France and the UK, we can't really complain at fluffy hair (right?!).

Like you, Sarah, I am impatient to see the weight drop off... it's not the case though so I'm trying to be more patient! OH is in the country this week and I'm definitely fancying more nibbles in the evening so have made myself a big pan of rhubarb and the obligatory pancake per evening. It could be so much worse!

x

Oh Jo rhubarb what a great idea - I've not had that for absolutely ages and I really like it - gonna get some today - thanks for that idea!!! I think I get in a rut sometimes and then to stick to the same boring things!!! Wish I was more adventurous in the kitchen!!! I read what you all eat and I seem to live on mince and passatta and steak and onions - bland or what!!!

You can still complain about fluffy hair Jo :p
Do I remember you having a pool in your block ? Would you not fancy doing that on an evening when hubby is in the country ?

And Sarah and Jo I am so impatient too how can it take so long to lose when It takes a month to put on!

Fluffy hair sucks :(.....it's 5c here today and with the heavy winds probably less than that.....ugh.....roll on springtime! :)

Mrs Vicky :p where's ya stats!?

xx

Fluffy hair sucks :(.....it's 5c here today and with the heavy winds probably less than that.....ugh.....roll on springtime! :)

Yup, hair alternatively wet or fluffy here too! We had 6°, Sarah, so beat you:p and the wind has calmed down, this morning it interfered with the electricity, tsk. In the next village, the roads are waterlogged, I don't think there's ever been so much rain in winter before.

Hope all are well. :)

PS Vicky or anyone who knows these things - I've been having almonds every so often - has to be better sugar-wise than dried fruit (and since I broke a tooth on a prune last year, am avoiding them forever anyway!) but I know they are full of oil. How tolerated are they on Atkins? I'm guessing they are not too carby but I have no idea (maybe 10 a few times a week).

Almonds are ok on Atkins as are other nuts and they are low carb and GOOD fats :) I've got some lovely recipes with almond flour for cookies x
Stats are fat and cellulite Sarah ;) I'm on my phone now so don't have them but I'm still 5ft 6 and I weighed 164 this morning. 33.3 % bodyfat

Yesterday, braving the windy elements, I stuck a hairband on (to avoid getting mouthfuls of the hairy stuff as I walk), and strided out to some good tunes on the ipod. Feeling good, I took a first detour and then another and, conscious of my pedometer ticking away, kept up a fast speed virtually the entire 1 hour 10 min walk. Finally stopped by lights nearly at the office, I grabbed my pedometer to turn it off with glee to see my results and... I'd forgotten to turn it on! WHAT?!!!!! You've gotta laugh! (I'd turned GPS on, opened the app, then I usually turn it on at street level once out of the building... that's the bit I forgot!)

This morning hasn't started well. First, opening the fridge, I noticed that the steak I defrosted overnight isn't steak... but mince from the butcher. I ate quorn mince (with tomatoes, onions and spices - kefta - delicious!) last night, so grrr. So not wanting to refreeze it, our next week one evening's dinner is currenty bubbling away on the stove. Mince + tin toms + tin mushrooms + oxo. Will save hubby a job but I so do not cook at 6am! Then I sat down with my tea, took a gulp and UGH! My cup had last night's Nescafe spoonful in it ready for my mid evening coffee that I never made... and I put a tea bag on top and made tea! URGH! So started again. All well. (There's a pattern forming... I can see I'll soon need to put glasses on for every day things!! or perhaps turn the light on in the kitchen in the morning haaaaa!)

Oh blow it. Just returned to screen as started to hear pppsssttt in the kitchen and it had just started sticking to the blooming bottom of the pan! Grrrrrr!

I shall buy a lottery ticket!

Weight wise, I'll put it off until tomorrow as I ended up eating salad last night with my kefta so I prefer to weigh in after PP...

Happy windy drizzly day to all x

Vicky - you have a fab memory. It's true that I never ever go to the pool but the issue in the evening was always the number of people in there and any more than 4 is too many in a pool that size! (Nothing to do with my expensively highlighted hair, of course!)

Oh no I hope your day gets better xXxX

Fortunately yes, I had a good productive day at work.
Not much to report. The scales showed a drop today, which I'll record but I'm dubious at the sudden drop and won't be surprised if it jumps up again next week! Perhaps the near sleepless (noisy wind) night caused weight loss? (bring it on!).
Off to the country to join hubby and cats as usual after work... hope the trains are running normally :)

Bon weekend!

Well done on loss lets hope it stays off. Have a lovely weekend and j hope the weather is ok :) xx

Back