IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

I'm glad to hear it's going well and am so curious what you're doing diet wise now! I think my smaller size clothes do something funky in the wardrobe too :D Hope you have a great week x

Simplified, I'm PV'ing each day with far more veg/salad than before, adding one fruit initially per day at the weekend, now two (cos I came across some strawberries begging to be bought!). Last week, I had fruit a couple of times in the week too. I had lentils, couscous, blé (is that wheatgerm?), nuts... not at all once or on the same day, but snuck into salads I bought from my new best friend take out! One day, I bought a HUGE fruit salad there to eat over two days. Of course I scoffed the lot. No reaction on the scales. Yoghurts I'm mainly fat free because I prefer them but there are a couple my OH buys which are more of a "treat", let's say, and I had one at the weekend. No problem.

I'm trying not to head for the empty calories but am finding I'm reducing my protein naturally as a result of increased veg and salad. Remember also I had a full day off just 2 weeks ago, and another planned in a few weeks for my ahem 50th...

My biggest motivation at the moment is the knowledge that I'll be on the beach in 6.5 weeks! (South of France - a close friend is letting us have her house with a pool for a week!)

Today we have a lunch meeting at work. I'm bringing my own in my bag and, if no salads + fruit salads are offered, I'll eat my own stuff!

x

Oh wow south of France sounds lovely jo very lucky! Sounds like you are eating very healthily and it all sounds good !!!

I like the sound of your new plan.

I was thinking today, if you restrict certain groups of food (ie carbs, fat) too much, wouldn't you get really sensitive to it? Maybe it's not good cutting out all fat and carbs from your diet entirely?? It's like germs - you need a certain amount to keep your immune system healthy. Ahem. I don't know, I might be talking rubbish lol

Beach!!! Jealous! x

To be honest, I'm not a great fan of the beach... except to walk along in the evening or early morning! But there will be a pool at the house, and the chance of a dip, and of course it's nice to wear more revealing summery clothes. I hope not to be in "tents" this year! haaaaa!

Having plenty of fruit and veg increases ones carbs incredibly so I'm not that low carb any more anyway (and I'm still having oatbran and wheatbran each morning which hikes them up too)... it's the bad ones I'm steering clear of.

I've just been looking at the menu of where I've earmarked to have lunch on my birthday. I wish restaurants would pay for a decent menu translation - the English version is hysterical!
Mise en bouche/Mouthing
Foie gras maison, cuit au torchon avec sa brioche aux abricots confits
et son chutney du moment
Foie gras, cooked au torchon with candied apricot brioche chutney of time
Noix de St Jacques au safran et risotto façon paella
Jacques scallops with saffron risotto and paella
Dos de cabillaud en croûte de noisettes, sauce au champagne et julienne de légumes
Cod in hazelnut crust, champagne sauce and julienne vegetables
Trou champenois/ Champagne hole
Tournedos de magret de canard, sauce au cidre et girolles, et tagliatelles de légumes
Tournedos of duck breast, mushrooms and cider sauce, tagliatelle and vegetables
Ou
Ris de veau en mille-feuilles de tuile au parmesan,
sauce aux morilles, et ses légumes oubliés
Sweetbreads milfoil tile parmesan sauce with morels, and forgotten vegetables
Chariot de fromages/Cheese trolley
Dessert au choix dans la carte
Dessert choices in map

I like the champagne hole ! X

and the "forgotten vegetables"

I wonder what those are ;)

Both the holiday and menu sound amazing... One day I will get to France!

Have a lovely day Jo xx

Love the bad translation. I'm looking forward to choosing my pud from the map, personally, although I'll pass on the mouthing:p. I hope you've asked for a cake too! The person who wrote the menu in French is trying too hard, no wonder they can't translate it. Once you've translated the fancy French into normal French it does sound lovely.

Forgotten veg will be the veg they used to have during WWII and nobody wanted to eat again after only eating those for 6 years (swede definintely amongst those along with other root veg). Hope they're back in fashion.

No weight loss here, but I feel OK and it's an easy enough way of eating without feeling frustrated. Need to do a proper PP day, I think (0% fat, etc) but no longer motivated to do so:eek:. Your newly-devised eating plans sounds great - Ebly (I suppose?) might be available in the UK, looks like cooked barley. Both are good in soup too (when it's soup weather, obviously).

Holiday sounds nice, Spring is definitely better so far compared to last year. Where will you be? Not a beach person myself (grew up near one, so it is definitely just for walks and sandcastles - never dipped more than a toe in the sea when I was a kid, we had streams/rivers for swimming/amusement as the sea was too cold). Even in the Med, I am bored after 2 minutes in the sea, much prefer a pool (where I can stay for ages as long as it's warm water).

Hope all have a good day!

Haha funny translation. Menu looks soooooo good! Nomnomnom x

So no burger and chips ;-)

Morning campers...

Great weigh in this morning BUT I've not had extras to Dukan PV since Monday, now I look back, as I ended up eating my own food each lunchtime rather than buying salads in. If this happens next week too, I'll buy a tub of something or other from a supermarket to add a bit each day. Also yesterday was a bit light as I was at the hairdresser's last night, so had cereal for breakfast (1/2 shredded wheat, 25g branflakes, 45g no sugar added muesli - weighed out carefully!), salad for lunch with chicken, and my galette and an apple for dinner so my calories were lowish.

I've placed my order for a Fitbit One and so will now have another reason to keep on this revived health kick to get me into my summer wardrobe. Choosing to spend advance birthday money pledges on a gadget rather than clothes is a new thing for me but I've so many of the darned things, I thought this was a better way to help me get into them again! People are starting to notice and comment on weight loss which is pleasing me too!

Off to the country as per usual tonight, but school holidays start here tonight (same in UK?) so the world and his wife (and kids) will be on the road... ah shucks! OH came to the UK this week though and spent HOURS crawling on the M25 through endless roadworks so he assures me that it can't possibly compare! OK you guys win on cones and roadworks!!

Happy weekend to all x

Jo this is fantastic news ! Eating healthily and including your beloved fruit seems to be working. Good for you on the fit bit too I love mine and it does motivate me to do more xxx have a fab weekend and I hope you aren't stuck in too much traffic

Great news! It's wonderful when people start commenting :) I love my FitBit One, it goes everywhere with me. Have a lovely weekend x

Wonderful loss! Hope that happens to me when I start eating fruit :p

How was your weekend in the country?

It's sad to see that no one has posted since I did yesterday at this unearthly hour. Awh well...
x

Ha jo you are up too early !!! Have a wonderful day xx

Morning diary,
Up at 5am this morning doing my online tax return! haaaa!
Last night, a Vietnamien friend of mine accompanied me to the local Chinese supermarket. We bought up a storm and came home and made three lovely dishes. I input everything into MFP and came out at 600 calories. Boy was I stuffed afterwards though! Lots of beansprouts, carrots, konjac noodles, beef and onions, soy... yum. I'll definitely do the same again. The fresh coriander and mint made things so much tastier too.
So I weighed in yesterday (preferring not to have a post soy sauce weigh in today!). My weight is shifting satisfactorily... BUT tomorrow is a day off. It's my 50th and I'm going to enjoy it (and will cut back immediately).
Unfortunately it's pouring out there cos I'm still totally full and feeling bloated and could really use a walk. Not in the rain though, booo... I'll walk a bit with a brolley and see how I can bear it. If I head to the overhead metro line, I can walk under it for a few kilometres!
Happy weekend to all
x

Sounds lovely Jo really does !! Will you let us know the recipe?
And a massive HAPPY BIRTHDAY for tomorrow xXxX have a wonderful day xxxx

Oh Jo, Welcome to my club xxx Happy 50th Birthday for tomorrow xxx

Happy birthday for tomorrow!!! You're the first person to reply to me (and very useful your reply was too, thx!) and dipping in and out of your diary has been inspirational for me. Enjoy that birthday!!!

Back