IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Haa at knackered noodles. Konjac is the word. Love the phone corrections NOT

Hahaha knackered noodles!!! :D

Have a lovely weekend Jo xxx have ordered some noodles myself xxx

Hope you enjoyed the knackered noodles.

I haven't had any in a while. Now moving to Conso and enjoying vegetables with every meal (and snack!) I don't think I'll bother with them.

Do you have a long weekend in France as well?

Jo

I noticed this on Dukan UK site on Thurs. Wanted to see what you thought about it...

phases.png

Upping to 3tbsp didnt affect me and I lost that first week on Conso. Going back to 2tbsp last week and weight STS. The website says 2.5!

I'm not thinking that the quantity of oat bran affected my loss at all, but would like to at least get the oat bran right (considering I still don't eat my bread and haven't had a starch allowance yet - not counting celebration meals!).

Any thots?

Thanks xx

Goodness knows why things keep changing but I shouldn't think 2 or 2.5 would make much difference. But I'd have thought the wholegrain bread would be good to include in Conso too.

I'm back at work tomorrow. Our bank holidays are different to yours and all fall on Thursdays this month. 1st, 8th and 29th. I've taken Fri 9th as holiday so return to the city tomorrow on the very early train knowing I'll be returning Wed pm for a four day weekend.

I did another stir fry last night, and marinated the chicken, Chinese mushrooms and konjac noodles in soy sauce and ginger for hours and the flavour was ace. beansprouts, grated carrot and fresh mint and coriander completed the fish. Delicious and pretty low calorie too.

Have to get up at 4.45am tomorrow... bed by 11pm. Night all x

Very early night Jo but little.sleep how on earth do you do it? X

Stir fry sounds yummy! Are you still enjoying your new food plan? x

I'm really enjoying it and, better still, I'm losing weight which wasn't happening so much with Dukan. I also feel better about myself as I'm eating out, having treats, and compensating as "normal people" do with extra exercise and stricter days after the weekend. I'm also learning about portion control. Something children manage quite well but the 50 year old me is learning now!

Sleep? For wimps... life is TOO short! haaaa! Seriously, when I was huge, I slept loads. When I lost all that weight over 10 years ago, I found I slept far less and now less still. Probably menopause induced now though and this is probably the only symptom I have. I'm very hyper when on a good weight loss plan too which means I wake up raring to go VERY early!!

I walked home from work last night, carrying my mac (scarf and gloves) as it was minus 1°C when I left the house in the country, and 21°C when I left work! Mushroom omelette with salad for tea (and a carefully weighed out ounce of cheese therein! yum!). Followed by some strawberries and a frozen yoghurt (oh and 10 almonds). What's not to like?! I do still pick in front of the TV when alone in the evenings, as you can see, so I save calories for then!).

It's my husband's birthday today... and we're not together as he's in the country and I'm in the city. Oops!
:D

Glad you have found the balance Jo very happy for you.
Happy birthday to hubby ! X

Good to hear it's working well for you and you're still losing weight :) x

Happy birthday mr. Joanne!

And really cool that you still losing while enjoying your new plan Jo!

When I read what you doing (and others like pog) I feel maybe I need to switch it up to lose. But then I have to remind myself that I am not looking to see a scale loss. My goal is now changing my body comp! Hope I remember that when I step on the scales on thurs and see an sts :p

I have upped my exercise. As Pogs was just saying on her thread, it's probably true that our body's get used to our doing the same old walk each day... so my fitbit purchase has livened me up a lot and I've walked more. 15km today to and from work.

I can't see your stats Bonkers on the phone and can't remember where you're at. You're stabilising now?

I find the FitBit gives me motivation to do more, it's great! 15k is fantastic! I really need to up mine too x

Although I confess that, while I walk to work with a spring in my step and it's all positive go go go, I waddle home hot and bothered and start to ache as I near my destination! I probablly need to do a half walk / half transport return home if I hope to enjoy it!

I've discovered a new shop on my route called Nature en Ville selling fruit and veg directly from the producer and I've bought my strawberries there both evenings.

Tonight I return to the country for a four day weekend, tomorrow being a holiday here for... VE Day 1945. In the village, roughly 50% of its population meets at 11.30am by the memorial in the church where the mayor reads a speech being read country wide, then names the people listed on the memorial as having died for their country (in any war) and we duly chant "mort pour la France" after each one. Then over the road to the town hall for drinks, nibbles and probably off somewhere to lunch thereafter. It's a nice tradition and we try to always attend, even though it meant I had to take Friday as a vacation day (awh shame!).

Weather looks mixed so I'll be sure to get out and stomp whenever possible! I am such a fan of my fitbit. Never before have I walked all the way to work clutching an umbrella (yesterday!). I can't promise I'll do it again either!!
x
PS - I have snuck into a pair of size 12 jeans today. OK breathing will be optional and I've put a long blouse on, but hey they're ON! :D

Size 12 massive achievement well done xxxxx

Haha I remember one time I went on a train somewhere for a long countryside walk. Ended up getting lost and hitchhiking back to the train station. Was knackered lol

Oohh size 12 jeans whoop whoop! x

I would happily not breathe just to get anyway near a size 12 jean! Walking 15 k is impressive, no wonder you're exhausted on the way home. It will probably get easier with time x

I had a bit of a food issue at lunch yesterday. I went to the new organic takeout Ive been frequenting on empty fridge days, eager to find my favourite calorie counted salad (which has nuts, boulghar wheat, pulses etc), and it wasn't there. A staff member told me they change their menu each month and, although I tried to find something else I fancied, nothing appealed so I walked out in a huff. Second place, ditto. Hardly any healthy stuff... third place, I could choose my own ingredients but there just wasn't the plain salad ingredients I usually pad out with. Miss Grumpy duly paid EUR15 for such stuff vowing to go back to bringing her own stuff in next week. Such a shame cos I liked having just a little boulghar, tabouleh or something without having a big pot to be sparing with...

Off out for an early walk. Up at 6am on Bank Holiday. Boo x

PS - I have snuck into a pair of size 12 jeans today. OK breathing will be optional and I've put a long blouse on, but hey they're ON! :D

woohoo on the size 12!!! I love the way you described it xx

I had a bit of a food issue at lunch yesterday. I went to the new organic takeout Ive been frequenting on empty fridge days, eager to find my favourite calorie counted salad (which has nuts, boulghar wheat, pulses etc), and it wasn't there. A staff member told me they change their menu each month and, although I tried to find something else I fancied, nothing appealed so I walked out in a huff. Second place, ditto. Hardly any healthy stuff... third place, I could choose my own ingredients but there just wasn't the plain salad ingredients I usually pad out with. Miss Grumpy duly paid EUR15 for such stuff vowing to go back to bringing her own stuff in next week. Such a shame cos I liked having just a little boulghar, tabouleh or something without having a big pot to be sparing with...

Off out for an early walk. Up at 6am on Bank Holiday. Boo x

15 EUR sounds like a lot of money for a salad! Or is that the norm there?

Enjoy your long weekend xx

Back