IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

True true... I do tend to come over to England though with the expectation of sticking to [whatever] diet, and then take the attitude that I've blown it so I might as well continue.

That's something I have looked at more closely this year. Unfortunately for me, not only is it Christmas like for the rest of you, but I also catch up with friends, family and of course all my favourite unobtainable foods... and I always make a point of refamiliarising myself with Indian and Chinese takeaways (that the French takeaways do so badly...), and fish and chips, and and and...

But I also love satsumas... and crunchy pears... and so I will have a few fruit meals... and I even plan on making myself a VAT of homemade veg soup for the days I'm being "good"...

If all else fails, I shall simply buy MYSELF a turkey when they knock them off after Christmas and make myself wade through it all myself. That should sort out any feelings of "hunger" I might be misinterpreting!!! haaaaa!

yes - have your indian/chinese meals over xmas but during the rest of the day try and be good? im sure ill be having a few pizza nights, indian nights as i visit friends etc (actually starting on the 10th december) but what ill try and do i be good for breakfast and lunch instead of thinking oh i might as well have 55 croissants for breakfast seeing as im having pizza later.
Yes veg soup is a great idea in fact im making my first ever soup this weekend (broccoli and stilton) and going to have batches of that in ready for xmas quick meals :D

i might as well have 55 croissants for breakfast seeing as im having pizza later.

What are you saying? Are you insinuating that I might sporadically empty the shelves of local baker's in the area?!!

I hear you absolutely... and also I'm out of my comfort zone for exercise too, so the other half has already been informed that he'll be driving the car into town for shopping on his own and I'll be walking - that's actually quite tough - choosing to walk in [STRIKE]rainy[/STRIKE] cold weather when you know a nice car is going where you are! (He won't walk, so I won't waste my breath, and it's always useful having a car for the purchases!).

I'm REALLY glad you have some stuff organised... I am sensing a little more Christmas cheer in you than I thought we'd see?

What are you saying? Are you insinuating that I might sporadically empty the shelves of local baker's in the area?!!
the sentance had I in it - not you. and pizza and you arent lovers are you lol!

ah yes im getting there with the xmas spirit - you seen my vid on my signature?

Jo i really hope we stick to it :) will you be able to log in at all over the xmas period? or can we exchange numbers for motivational texts lol

If I'm honest, I know I'll blow it big time at some point, but if it's not all the way through, I'll have achieved something!!

I just ate my lunch with other people without feeling self conscious at how strange my food was... makes a change!

Let's exchange numbers! I won't have email in the UK... (cos I don't trust using my French phone to get internet having heard some horror stories about high bills...). I have a UK mobile I only switch on when in England!

I just checked out that vid!

Did you like the Vid? i made it last night when i was feeling fed up and waiting for my dinner to go down before i could have a blast on the cross trainer :)
yes will be nice to keep in touch with you over the xmas period and i can rely on you to shout at me :)

... or share whatever I'm eating with you!!

LOl - yes 27.5 croissants each ;) with butter!!!!!!!

hmm... and jam!

Oh and thanks Vicky! Thanks to your comment on facebook, I heard quickly about the date of The Wedding(!), and I managed to book a ferry (in case I get an invite lol!)... before the prices go sky high because, ironically, I was thinking of coming that week for my next break anyway cos there's Easter and my birthday that week... and now I have a wedding too!

(Anyone remember what they were doing at the last one? I was ponytrekking in Dartmoor... I was 17... and it was my holiday midway in my two year A levels)

Lol no problem Jo - was just saying we are off the monday and friday before and the following monday too! i wonder if they change another bank hol to compensate. Oh im glad you have your invite i have mine too ;)
Jo - you mean fergies - cos sophie and eds was quite low key wasnt it?

Ahem no, I'm older than that... I was meaning his parents' wedding in 1981 <sniffle>

No I think you'll have that Bank holiday as a freebie. We don't get Good Friday here (that's always bemused me...) so we only have Easter Monday. Sunday 1st May is a holiday here too!! Whoopeedoo!

For Charles and Di's bash I went to a street party, it wasnt my street, there was bunting up(blue red yellow not quite as patriotic as it could have been) and I think I ate some swiss roll.

We had to pop in to peoples houses through their back gates to see the actual event on TV. I was 4 and its stuck with me.

I'm pretty neutral on the royals but it would be nice if the country has lots of parties again.

There certainly was a real "feel good factor" at that time...

I cant really remember charkes and dis at all - can remember fergies though.
Jo are you home for a while after easter?

sadly i dont remember the weddings , but i do know what i was doing ect ect when the news came through that Di was dead

I was in England looking after Mum in 1997 when the accident happened. Sunday morning. Preparing lunch... waiting for updates on the radio. I watched the funeral with my Mum, just a couple of months before she died. Probably why I'll always associate Diana with her. We were big fans...

I walk past her (unofficial) Memorial often... it's on one of my routes to the office in the morning.

Yes Vicky, I'll be home week of Easter Monday, my birthday and the wedding... might you be down South then? (23rd Apr to 1st May...).

Oh Jo xxxxx

Ill be in Norfolk on the 30th!

errr I'm geographically challenged... where's Norfolk?! I'm down on the South coast and I've never been so it can't be anywhere on my route to London or Dover!

lol - nah its north of there - its east coast - cambridgey/peterboroughey way lol

Back