IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

oh that will pass. im ok xxx

Hello there and I must start by crediting myself - per the book - with having managed a PP day over a weekend (when out of ketosis) yesterday! (GO ME!).

As most of you know, I'm not doing Dukan strictly and concentrating more on the psychological/emotional eating issues which trip me up most weekends, and so am pleased that all "extras" this weekend were planned. No secret eating. A few things I could have done without, but it could have been a lot worse.

So tight trousers as per on a Monday (except it's Tuesday so AHHHH!), but a smile nonetheless that I managed a three day weekend without touching my trigger foods...

brilliant Jo - thats great! proud of you :D

Oh fantastic, thats a step in the right direction. One of my best friends has moved, which whilst I am sad shes moved(just out of visiting distance) she was the one who came round nearly every weekend with a bottle of wine, so now she has gone, I am finding things much easier at the weekend, as they were a bit of a social nightmare for me with people dropping by. I had a very good weekend this weekend.

Well done Jo ....its a nightmare having food issues , but dealing with them the way you do is an inspiration

Jo great will power or should I say mind power! Well done xx

Go Jo - brilliant result after a long weekend. I hope you enjoyed the weekend too!
Are you still walking every day, or was that strike-related?

Hello and thank you to all - although I don't necessarily deserve your thoughts as I feel a fraud, having eaten far more than you of course, and several things not Dukan at all, but they were "planned" which for me helps no end with the old brain (which tends to think "oh heck, let's go for it now" as soon as I eat anything unplanned)!

Anja - I started walking 20 mins a day in 2007 when I quit smoking, then gradually gradually increased it and for the past year or more I've walked to work (provided it's not raining!). The first time I did it, it took me 1hr 30 (and I stopped on a bench for a puff midway!). Now the most direct way is 45-50 mins. This summer, I did some fabulous detours taking in some different tourist attractions and adding 3K to the shortest journey... which is the one I do now as it's cold and dark!

Sarah - I hear you. I saw what happened with you and understand perfectly but that's why I stopped doing the PP x several weekdays to lose it at the weekend. It doesn't help mind nor body so better staying out of ketosis and working on the other issues at times, methinks, for us "eaters".

Today I'm feeling positive... and quite proud... and I just wanted to let you and my diary know that today is the 13th anniversary of my losing my Mum and I know she'd be so pleased I lost the weight, and I'm sorry she never got to see me slimmer.

Thanks to all. You all help! (Weighing in, mind, doesn't necessarily... quite the opposite... so I kept away).

Aw Jo - big hugs on this sad day for you. Do you do anything special??
The scales can wait till friday surely? What did you get up to at the weekend?

Big Hugs hun :) I believe the ones we've lost still watch over us....not sure if you do?...but I've had little things happen that give me hope still :)

On that basis I think your mum can see you now :) and she'd be so proud of how far you've come :) x

Thanks ladies - I do firmly believe that we are being watched over, and I know Jet does too... Somehow, feeling that more strongly over the weekend and today, makes me feel that my weight obsession needs to be reined in and put into perspective.

At the weekend, we... dug up carrots, leeks and beetroot and got rained on and muddied... sniff. I made beetroot soup again, using less vinegar this time, and far preferred it. Great "filler" (for those of us who need filling!).

Weeee errr oooh yes made our fourth batch of green tomato chutney, put it in prettty jars with labels on and they'll be extra Christmas pressies for some unfortunates!

Weee errr... um... oooh yes I did some housework!

Walked each day around the village for 30 mins... I'm convinced people think "l'anglaise" is very odd because they use cars and bikes to travel but 200m. Must be a country thing. Do not walk anywhere. Ride a bike! Take a car!

Not a lot, when written down, but home cooked lots... put another cheeseburger pie in the freezer, and generally lazed (while not sitting down until the evening, don't ask how I managed that!)

oooh and shopped on Saturday... boring stuff - net curtains!

hey jo i do belive we are being watched over like u have stated and i feel great comfort in this has u do to !!!!!!!! hope ur doing ok lovey !!!

Last edited:
Love to u Jo! X

Glad you had a relaxing and productive weekend.

Bren

Morning all,

I think I'm the only football fan around here, but I just had to let you know about last night. My team, Southampton, playing at home, and my sister is at the ground watching (Dad's on holiday else he'd be there too)...

Just before the kick off, and here I hand over to my sister's email this morning:

They made an announcement that they were going to have a minute's silence for all the Saints players who'd died. When the announcement came that this was All Soul's Day, everyone leapt to their feet and observed perfect silence. Because of Mum, I was struggling to keep from balling out loud.
GetInline.aspx
It was a lovely touch and I thank St Mary's from the bottom of my heart.

Awh... that made me smile!

ooooh AND we won 4 - 0... a very rare occurrence!

Back