IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Looks lovely Jo!

i think your pants have stretched over the day, i hate that. It's like when you try them on they fit snug (well really) Then after driving to work or an hour, you go to stand up and they have lost their shape!

Best of luck for another day of Attack. How many you doing, or up to?

Bren
X

Looking good, Jo!

Clothes and hair - look great in the shop/hairdresser but never look quite the same from then on. (Bah humbug, hate clothes shopping but need to go. Will just lose the extra kilo+ I put on over Christmas and go shopping then...maybe).

Good Morning Jo, lovely photo!

My view of my tummy from above is *always* a mountainous one. Regardless of what size I am. One day I might start doing those core exercises I've been talking about for months and see if that helps at all...

You look fabulous, Jo, and I really love the dress!

Anja - Strengthening your core can really work wonders for your tum. Pilates exercises are very effective. You can also trim and tone your whole torso with the help of resistance bands (with the added benefit of keeping arms looking trim, too).

Jo, I know I'm new here but in that picture you look very slim!! Lovely dress the colour really suits you.

Thank you all...

After my problems with size 18 yesterday, I decided to brave a 16 today and the seams are still intact at lunchtime! I realise though that my tops, bought in a slimmer phase, are all too short to hope to hide my new lumps and bumps so I feel very self conscious when I move around the office. All good for keeping me mega motivated to getting back initially to pre-Christmas weight and then finally stop messing around and get back to my raised target weight (68K).

Day 3 of attack and no problems to report. Possibly a little more tired today... but there again, with a bunged up dose and an irritating cough and throat, could be that!

Thats why i bought plenty long tops Jo! i hate how tops are so short, so loving the fashion of longer tops, plus you can pull them right down then stretch yourself up and they rouche therefore hiding any bumps ;)

I must admit that I concentrated on making purchases for the ever increasing lower half of me, figuring that I've loads of tops... but the length thing is an issue. Did I really like showing off my midriff? Or have they shrunk? (I tried on three tops this morning before being half satisfied!)

i just bought a size 12 suit from the charity shop , bit short on the jacket i like them to cover my bum ....there were 2 gorgeous long jacket suits in therein size 10 but I thought that maybe pushing it ....

You should have tried it on. A friend passed me a size 8 jumper last year and it fits NOW even!! aaah Sizes!

Size 12... you lucky girl! My dream!! Getting back into the 3/4 of my wardrobe bought for my then size 12 figure!

yeah i only tried the jacket on trousers maybe a month offlol

Think i will see if the suits are there on Friday if so i may try them ....marks and spencers so nicequality and only a fiver.

(My clown trews from yesterday were from M&S... just got bigger and bigger...!!)

It's funny how fashion changes. I too couldn't get over how odd short tops looked when I tried them (and, hurrah, fitted them) before Christmas. There's something about my 'zip area' (!) that just looks awful, however I dress it up!!!

Great about the 16s Jo. Bet they'll be going the way of the 18s by next week and you'll be down another notch!

You have my sympathies with the trousers - I'm suffering with sizing issues too now, the 16s that fit quite nicely before xmas are now flapping around my waist a bit. Will have to dig through the wardrobe and see if there are any pairs that were relegated for being too tight however many moons ago it was when i was this size!

Lovely picture in the dress - it's a fantastic colour on you!

Hi Jo,

hope you're happier with your choice of tops today :)

If you allow me to re-join the sizing issues discussion. Yes I may be a size 12 for trousers now - but with a belt! Tried on some in New Look (ok that's asking for trouble) and they were too small on the CALF, and falling off the waist. Size 12 Skirts that are not elasticated are still a bit of a problem, turning in to hipsters :)
But on TOP I am defo a 14 in the shoulders, in most shops, and of course depends on the fabric. Definitely not a 12 in the chest though but what can you do...

So there - we all have all sorts of interesting sizing issues, whatever our size... Oh and recently, looking in the sales, there were plenty of size 16 clothes and no 12 to be found. WHY was it the other way round when I was looking for 16/18??

Hope you have a good day!

ah Anja, there lies a story... what to wear this morning? From -1°C yesterday, I saw 11°C this morning (and rain)! No wonder everyone's getting sick with these variations... so I put a light top on. Too tight. I chose a different one. Too short. In anger, I grabbed a short sleeved blouse and am now too cold!!!! (But I have 5 different coloured + styled cardigans nearby if need be!!!). haaaaa!

Annoying indeed re clothes. Today wearing another of my M&S 16s. Fit quite well but big round waist so lying low and I feel the crotch is round my knees (but it isn't!!).

Day 4 of attack and feeling good... (well still got a sore throat, sporadic bunged up dose, and I cough lots... but you know what I mean!!)

oooh I did yes... and my other half took I think a rather flattering photo despite the VPL (put it this way, my view of my tummy from above was a "mountainous" lumpy one!)

cripes is that the time? see you tomorrow!

Gorgeous - and just the right colour too.

I currently find myself wearing a range of trouser sizes 16 - 20. - and I really must stop my OH putting my tops in the tumble dryer (I have told him numerous times) as I swear they come out shorter every time! I have started measuring now too and I have noticed the inches seem to be coming off, even if the lbs aren't falling off!

I unpacked a bunch of 16 tops over xmas and they are all pretty short, and given my bust makes everything shorter I cant believe I ever wore any of them. They're fine under jumpers though so have boosted my work wear.

Are you feeling lighter Jo?
Attack sounds to be going well, you're clearly determined this time.

Back